HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Upcoming Kevin Prendergast Interview

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2003, 08:47 AM
momentai

vCash: 500
LOL. Does that mean we can continue to add more?

Old
12-18-2003, 08:49 AM
Digger12

Sincerely, thanks for all your work. This will be lights years more interesting than the latest cookie cutter Comrie apologetic from Brownlee or Jones.

Can't wait, but I guess we'll have to. Good luck!

Old
12-18-2003, 07:06 PM
theoil

I hope I am not too late to get this in.

There is always a discussion going on on this board regarding our G.M. and how good he is or not. It always seems to me that Kevin Lowe gets too much blame and too much credit for a lot of things but particularly the draft.

Can Kevin Predergast explain to us how the decisions on who to pick is actually made. For example. Does KLowe say 'I want a D man' and KPrendergast say 'this is the best one' after consulting with his team of scouts or what. But it seems to me that other than the first round pick KLowe has been unlikely to see any of these players even once and with players in Europe he probably hasn't even seen the first round players at all so how could it be his decision?

Second. You hear all the time that a certain scout wanted to pick somebody and they didn't get their way and then that guy turns out to be fantastice and it is the old 'fish story' about the one that got away. Do the Oilers keep track of who wanted who and grade their scouts on their old choices 4 and 5 years later after the players have matured so that they know who is doing the best job at spotting talent and does this play into who Klowe listens to on draft day?

Thanks and thanks for all the work you do for us on this board.

Old
12-19-2003, 09:44 AM
Oi'll say!

Hiya Guy, can't wait for the new article, it should be a doozy!

I have a question that is more or less inspired by John Christie's thread, someone may have already posted something similar but I just skimmed through them. Anyways:

"Are Woywitka and Lynch paired up in Tor?"
"Did their chemistry as a tandem in Red Deer elevate Woywitka's value to this organization somewhat, or not at all?"
"If/when they both break into the nhl, how many years down the road do you think it will be b4 they would likely be paired up?"

Old
12-19-2003, 09:37 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Mods... you can unstick this now. I have my list of questions so hopefully no one will add to this thread now anyway. ALL questions, including the last couple directly above this post, were taken into consideration. I will be talking to K.P. tomorrow and, like I said earlier, might have to talk to him again to cover the questions we don't have time to get to.

Thanks again everyone... GREAT job!

Old
12-20-2003, 05:04 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Mods... you can unstick this now. I have my list of questions so hopefully no one will add to this thread now anyway. ALL questions, including the last couple directly above this post, were taken into consideration. I will be talking to K.P. tomorrow and, like I said earlier, might have to talk to him again to cover the questions we don't have time to get to.

Thanks again everyone... GREAT job!
you got your wish, post is unstuck and closed.

(guys PM me if you want this opened coz like Guy said he won't be looking in here again)

Closed Thread