HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Now what?

View Poll Results: Should changes be made with the Flyers?
Yes, Hackett is not the answer. 10 38.46%
No, it's only our 4th loss. 6 23.08%
Not sure, it's too early in the season. 8 30.77%
I have another choice to add. 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2003, 09:20 AM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Now what?

Last night we had a chance to beat the Devils and it was if the damn team didn't show up. I attended this disgrace of a game and I couldn't believe how bad our guys played. What happened to the team that came back from 2 down the night before? No one seemed to have any life in them at all. No one wanted to lay a body on anyone. It was like they were afraid of the contact. They played the game but with no heart.

I like the Flyers but this is getting on my nerves. Now it's back to people bashing our team left and right. Even if we go on some monster winning streak, we ain't going to scare anyone. So what the hell do we do now? Is Hackett going to last? Is Esche really going to step up so much that he can help us the next time we have to face the Swamp dwellers? I want to stay a fan of the Flyers but when we have this much talent and still lose to the Devils, I'm pissed off. I still am. My family asked me what was wrong and I was just so pissed they lost.

Am I the only one that feels this way or what?

Old
12-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
It's nothing to worry about,who cares about what the other people think about our team? Although we did lose to the Devils,it's still nothing to worry about.

Old
12-14-2003, 10:09 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
It's the Devils... I wish Esche had been healthy for Friday night's game. The guys were obviously tired from having to come back from two goals down when they shouldn't have had to... Hackett single-handedly destroyed this team's confidence.
I don't think changes have to be made since it is still very early, it IS only our 4th loss, and Hackett has been unusually strong in most of his other starts. We can just hope and pray that Esche never gets hurt again because he's obviously our new starter.

Old
12-14-2003, 10:16 AM
Brad*

It was an extremely disappointing series because the Flyers outplayed New Jersey on Friday night and really deserved to win that game, but because of Hackett’s antics they only managed a tie.

In last night’s game, neither team really had great offensive chances and neither team really dominated, but NJ won because Brodeur was huge for them.

Taking both games into account, the Flyers played well against New Jersey and seemed to match their level of play, but NJ’s goaltending was definitely superior. I guess we’ll look to Esche now.

Old
12-14-2003, 02:49 PM
FearTheFlyers

Cujo.

Old
12-14-2003, 09:09 PM
nezlam

Send a message via AIM to nezlam
Cujo.

What has Cujo ever done in the big games?

Old
12-15-2003, 04:17 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
Cujo.
Cujo is not the answer.

Look at the guys stats.
Stats

He has never had below 2.00GAA. The guy isn't worth anything.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:15 AM
MojoJojo

Cujo has been letting in soft goals left and right this year, including shots from the blue line without traffic. Until Cujo starts to play like his former self, I wouldnt touch him.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:21 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Cujo.
No!!

Old
12-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Dr Love

It's not just one player, it's the crop of players. Luckily there are a bunch of UFAs on this team, and some if not all will be replaced, and perhaps they can finally solve the Devils next year, because they aren't doing a great job of it this year. Those that come in won't have the history of being dwarfed by the Devils and Senators for the past two, three years. 8 years ago, the Flyers were in a similar situation, the Devils had just owned them for the past few seasons. But a couple of fresh faces--John LeClair and Eric Desjardins--had joined the team shortly before a game in NJ. They didn't have the mental block and frustration of facing the Devs. And they won. I think that is a big part of it, the players attitude, their composure changes a bit when they face the Devils and Sens. All of us that have played sports know the feeling when you go up against a bitter rival. It didn't surprize me in this regard that Kapanen, who hasn't been here that long, was so good on Friday night. Sure, there's been a roster turnover nearly every year, but the "big guns" on this team remain the same, and they are the ones coming up short when needed most. This team needs more fresh faces, because the ones that have been here are growing stale.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:27 AM
Teezax

One thing that we lack is a pure goal scorer aka Naslund, Forsberg, Kovalchuk, we don't have that one guy to depend on when we need him most. I thought it would have been JR or Amonte but they are on the verge of expiration and it's time to bring in a young gun. Obviously we'll never get one, but it would be nice.

Old
12-15-2003, 12:09 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Cujo.
I said it in the other thread. We have a goalie letting in a few soft goals for 3 million. Why pay eight million for worse stats?

Old
12-15-2003, 06:01 PM
BrindA17

Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
My "other choice to add" is trade away these bum skaters for some playoff performers! All forwards but Recchi and those under 26 years of age can get out.

Old
12-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindA17
My "other choice to add" is trade away these bum skaters for some playoff performers! All forwards but Recchi and those under 26 years of age can get out.
Except for Pitkanen, Woywitka, Gagne, Williams, Carter and Richards.

The rest can go.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:22 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
I really wish people would stop with this Cujo nonscense. the guy is not the answer plain and simple. Cujo has struggled on teams with better defenses then we have, gives up goals at bad times and soft ones at that.
There is not a goalie out there available that could make us better that could POSSIBILLY help us beat the Devils.

Closed Thread