HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers' fans are good fans.

Old
03-24-2007, 11:26 PM
droid56

vCash: 500
Oilers' fans are good fans.

I live near Vancouver, and so it's not surprising the team I cheer for is the Canucks. But I just want to say that I've been impressed with the fans in the stands for the Nashville game.

The stands are pretty well full, and the fans are still cheering for the Oilers, even though the game is essentially over. Pretty impressive from a loyalty point of view.

You should get a good player in the upcoming draft, and you could transform into a contender in the next season. I know this because the 2 Stanley Cup finalists of last year might not make the playoffs this year. Forget the dynasties like the Guy Lafleur Canadians. Things can change very quickly in the new N.H.L.

Last edited by droid56: 03-24-2007 at 11:38 PM.
droid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Soundwave

Yup. Hell, there's not much better of an example of how quickly a team can change in one year than Vancouver.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 11:52 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
If the nucks lose Luongo.....

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Heavy Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Yup. Hell, there's not much better of an example of how quickly a team can change in one year than Vancouver.

Funny thing is, in the fall of 2005, before last season started I thought (and posted) that the Canucks were a first place team if they ever got goaltending. They didn't get goaltending and were decimated by injuries on defense, so they ended up just out of the playoffs. Substitute Luongo for the uninspired Bertuzzi, install a tighter defensive system, stay healthy, and there they are contending for first in the NW.

I like to imagine that we too can return to being a competitive team, given a few key changes for next season. That's if our players can shed this injury hex.

Heavy Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Other Little Mikey

They said at the game that every home game's been a sell-out this year. There've definitely been some empty seats these last few games but I guess they were season's ticket holders not showing up.

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 01:58 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
They said at the game that every home game's been a sell-out this year. There've definitely been some empty seats these last few games but I guess they were season's ticket holders not showing up.
People still enjoy going to games, and it helps that most of the tickets are already sold, and then game day, you can get them from cheap at ticket box in rexall.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 03:48 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
People still enjoy going to games, and it helps that most of the tickets are already sold, and then game day, you can get them from cheap at ticket box in rexall.
I've always loved the Oilers, partly for their style of play, but also partly for the quality of fans. You guys are seriously great, and deserved much better than you got from your team this season. Hopefully Lowe can find some kind of magic to get you guys back to the playoffs next year.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Heavy Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
There are ticket re-sellers like TNT and others who buy up tickets and put them back up for sale for a profit. They make out like bandits on a Messier retirement or Chris Pronger's return last Novemeber, but they are probably losing their shirts right now.

Heavy Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 10:54 AM
hockeyaddict101

The fans are excellent here.

The building was near full, if not full before the game and the fans supported the Oilers throughout this run.

As long as the fans saw effort they continued to cheer.

I can't think of a building in the NHL where the fans would continue to come in the situation the Oilers were in.

No doubt in my mind that Oiler fans are the best in the NHL.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 11:05 AM
edmonton_ice

Oiler Fan Forever!

I will be an Oiler Fan until I die. There is no jumping off the band wagon. A true fan sticks it out during the rough times. That's what makes Oiler Fans so special because they stuck with the team through all the trades and bad times.

edmonton_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
We're going through bad time but good times will come...

When the sun sets, it always rises after.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 05:22 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

I have been really impressed with how people are still going to the games and supporting this team. Like other posters have said, I will be an Oilers fan till I die. It has been a tough year on so many levels, but the support from the fans has been fantastic. I see a lot of good things for this team in the future, just look at our current stable of prospects, finally an AHL team to develop them, and most of all I applaud the EIG for putting more money on the table.
On a sidenote, I keep hoping maybe somehow we might be able to sign Heatley next year.
Anyways, way to go Oilers fans, I applaud all of you even the most critical.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote