HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interview with Cornell assistant coach

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2003, 04:52 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Interview with Cornell assistant coach

I did a small interview with the assistant coach of Cornell University, Brent Brekke who handles the defensemen on the team. We talked about Ryan O'Byrne and his translation to the NCAA so far.

I should get a chance to interview Ryan later this week, if all goes as planned.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Old
12-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I did a small interview with the assistant coach of Cornell University, Brent Brekke who handles the defensemen on the team. We talked about Ryan O'Byrne and his translation to the NCAA so far.

I should get a chance to interview Ryan later this week, if all goes as planned.

Thanks! Seems like we don't hear all that much about O'Byrne around here...

Old
12-15-2003, 06:19 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal

Thanks Dan. Excellent work as always. I must say, one of the things I like about your articles is that you take the time to keep us informed with regards to not only our top prospects (ie. Higgins et al) but also take the time and effort to keep up on the "lesser lights" which, for the most part are of the most interest to me. The reason is, in the end, I think it will be the success of lesser lights (early mid to late round picks) that will assure long term stability and strength for the Habs, or any team for that matter. I think that returning the Habs to their former glory is largely going to depend on the Habs quite simply outdrafting the other 29 teams on a consistent basis. As such, I'm as much interested in the 3rd to 9th round picks as in the 1st and 2nd rounders, but that's just me.

Anyway, just wanted you to know that your efforts in getting info to us on these more obscure prospects is much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Rick

Old
12-15-2003, 07:05 AM
Démon Blond

Thanks Dan, as usual a quality article

Old
12-15-2003, 01:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing
Thanks Dan. Excellent work as always. I must say, one of the things I like about your articles is that you take the time to keep us informed with regards to not only our top prospects (ie. Higgins et al) but also take the time and effort to keep up on the "lesser lights" which, for the most part are of the most interest to me. The reason is, in the end, I think it will be the success of lesser lights (early mid to late round picks) that will assure long term stability and strength for the Habs, or any team for that matter. I think that returning the Habs to their former glory is largely going to depend on the Habs quite simply outdrafting the other 29 teams on a consistent basis. As such, I'm as much interested in the 3rd to 9th round picks as in the 1st and 2nd rounders, but that's just me.

Anyway, just wanted you to know that your efforts in getting info to us on these more obscure prospects is much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Rick

Rick, thanks a lot and I'm glad you and others enjoyed the article/'s. This is the reason why I take the time, so others that are interested can get a little info/insight. I also agree that the mid to late picks are an important part of the teams long term stability and strength. Guys like Ryder and Markov are just two recent examples of later picks stepping in and playing well. I try and follow all the picks, but of course that can't be done effectively, but that's just the way it is.

Old
12-15-2003, 03:50 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Thanks for doing this Dan. Very appreciated as always (and very well done as well). Can't wait to hear this guy in an interview. I always get my first impression of players and if they stand a chance of going all the way from their interviews (and personalities). I was sold on Ryder a long time ago for that reason. Character and a strong level-headed mind should be the #1 concern when drafting, especially this late.

I think O'Byrne and Korpikari could end up being very good ones. Actually, I'm higer on our lower level D prospects than I am on the forwards for some reason (Archer, Korpikari, O'Byrne, Beauchemin and Korneev mainly).

Old
12-15-2003, 06:00 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Démon Blond
Thanks Dan, as usual a quality article
thanks Dan , very well done once again .

Closed Thread