Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Chiefs vs. 'Tips

Old
03-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Chiefs vs. 'Tips

Last night's game 2 between the Spokane Chiefs and Everett Silvertips sounded like a great game, but being a loyal Chiefs fan, I must say that as soon as the winning goal was scored in OT, I immediately shut off my radio. However, logging on to the WHL website this morning, I was surprised to see that a rash of penalties occured at the same time the goal was scored, did anyone see/hear what happened?

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Kipper

Some fan.

Kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 03:33 PM
mikethompson

Send a message via MSN to mikethompson
well from what i heard on another site that i have a subscription on the Tips players came off the bench to celebrate the O.T goal but the Chiefs players must of thought they were going to jump someone from Spokane so the Chiefs players came off their bench. I believe the only fight that ensued was Campos and and Wahl and from what I hear even the goalies left their crease but nothing happened their unfortunately.

mikethompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 04:41 PM
shootforthe5hole

To say "bench brawl" is a bit overkill, but -- Hamill scored the winning goal, went to celebrate (somewhat in the faces of a couple of Chiefs players, which is why his misconduct penalty), Blackwater punched him, Beach retaliated, and by that point, both benches were pretty much emptied onto the ice. Lots of pushing and shoving, some rolling around on the ice (Haw on top of Smyke, who wasn't fighting back) the only real full-on fight was Campos and Wahl, although if one of the refs hadn't been in the way, Tokarski and Reekie probably would have gone at it. The series just got more interesting, for sure, with those end-of-game antics from all of them.

shootforthe5hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Some fan.
Is that your only input? Sad that you went out of your way to post that.

Thanks for clearing it up for me, we're looking forward to games 3+4 on our home ice. I really thought they had that game in their hands with a 5 on 3 in the OT period. Still a growing franchise though, 2 years from now we will be putting alot of teams to shame, paying them back for the last 2 seasons.

Old
03-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Kipper

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hILJb1bUNCk

Kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 08:33 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Here are the fines and suspensions handed down by the league for the post game transgressions:

03/26/07 Everett $2,500.00 fine for post-game incident vs Spokane on March 24.

03/26/07 Brandon Campos Everett Two game for post-game fight vs Spokane on March 24.

03/26/07 Kyle Beach Everett One game for post-game actions vs Spokane on March 24.

03/26/07 Spokane $2,500.00 fine for post-game incident at Everett on March 24.

03/26/07 Judd Blackwater Spokane Three games for post-game actions at Everett on March 24.

03/26/07 Mitch Wahl Spokane Two games for post-game fight at Everett on March 24.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 02:42 AM
Jimmypop316

the WHL fails to impress once again

Jimmypop316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

My only issue is that Hamill wasn't suspended. The Wahl/Campos thing was automatic, and Blackwater definately deserved the heavy-end of the suspensions. But Kyle Beach should have gotten more than a game, just from the run he took on Blackwater, and Hamill should have gotten at least a game for starting the whole mess.

And why not suspend Smyke for getting beat on so badly?

Old
03-31-2007, 05:43 PM
mikethompson

Send a message via MSN to mikethompson
i dont see y u would suspend Hamill for hotdogging after he scored an O.T winner in the playoffs. Its what all players do when and if they score a goal in O.T in the playoffs, ur just mad cause the chiefs got destroyed last night. But on the flipside the Giants sure would love it if the chiefs and t-birds could win their series.

mikethompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethompson View Post
i dont see y u would suspend Hamill for hotdogging after he scored an O.T winner in the playoffs. Its what all players do when and if they score a goal in O.T in the playoffs, ur just mad cause the chiefs got destroyed last night. But on the flipside the Giants sure would love it if the chiefs and t-birds could win their series.
Yeah, you're right, I'm really angry that we're going into game 6 of a playoff series against a team that was 31 points ahead of us in the regular season. Just upsetting, it really is.

Hamill should have been suspended because he taunted. In the NFL, if you taunt the other team, you get penalized, and I feel that this taunting was the reason for the entire brawl breaking out, and so does everyone else. I'm not upset, just disapointed that the WHL shows bias because it was the league's leading scorer, and it would look bad on them to suspend him.

Just wait until Kevin Constantine gets bored and moves on; then we will see where the 'Tips fans are...or were.

Old
04-04-2007, 02:48 PM
pdxshark
@jmbradd

beach got off the hook and I hate that. He's always involved in crap like this and the dub needs to send a message. Lets hope he tries to fight mclaren again.

pdxshark is offline   Reply With Quote