HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mara

Old
03-25-2007, 05:37 PM
hockeyfan99

vCash: 500
Mara

How you guyes thing Mara future with rangers.

I think he make ranger defence better when ward, but i'm can wrong becasue most of my opinion base on reading and resultat after he was aquired and nto watchign him play a lot.

So is he keeper or just place holder(like Malik, Rachuck, Pock...) until our young d will be ready

hockeyfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

I owuld say keeper, most likely he has been very good and steady, I wouldnt mind see'ing a deal for 2 or 3 years be reached.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 06:01 PM
stuart

He is playing well

no need to do anything with his contract he is under contract thru next yr..
\

he has been way better then ward but let's wait and see, the rangers have alot of good yound d men; sauer, staal, liffiton, baranka, etc..

they need top 6 scorers, then again everyon except Buffalo needs that also......

stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Onion Boy

Mara is under contract next season so I think he stays for the time being. We can reevaluate his situation in 2008.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 03-25-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 07:31 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Judging from his posts, English is not his first language. Go easy on him guys.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 07:36 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Judging from his posts, English is not his first language. Go easy on him guys.
Orr maibee stil seleberating sumthingk

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

mara's been steady and quiet IMO. and he adds a dimension being able to pinch in front of the net and along the boards while getting back in time.

Old
03-25-2007, 07:46 PM
NYROrtsFan

I just love the shot... He has a good, hard shot from the point and he's not bad defensively like Rachunek.

Guys like Mara are good to have. Typically you get an offensive guy that is clueless defensively but maybe Boston throwing him in that defensive defenseman role helps us.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 07:53 PM
eco's bones

For the most part he's fit in well. I would like to see more offense out of him. The Rangers first option on point pwp is still Roszival who doesn't shoot enough. Paul seems to have a better shot but maybe doesn't move the puck as well. That might be just speculation on my part as I'd like to see a pointman with a cannon shot--and who is willing to use it. The team at the moment seems to be focused more on defense than on offense and since it's working we're better off staying on track with that. I'm hoping that Mara comes back next year and takes more of an offensive role--then we'll see about signing him again--and we do have other d-men coming along.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Mara is a Pimp in the Rangers Defensive Nation

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Balej20*

We'll see how he does next year, but I think he should probably be a part of this teams future.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 09:19 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I've always liked Mara. Loved the trade. And I really like what he has added to this team. He's +5 as a Ranger.

03-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Choice

Yeah between Avery, Mara and Bourret the Rangers really cleaned up at the deadline. Mara really brings a new look to the blueline group, namely he has a strong shot and he usually seems like hes looking to get it off. We were desperate for a guy like that. And like earlier posters said, hes far from a liability on defense.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Mara vs Ward

I was worried when they traded for Mara at the deadline. Personally I was a big Ward fan, but I guess he fell out of his good standings with the capt, and Renney. At the time I thought that Ward was the better defenseman. I thought he was more physical(even though Mara has and will drop the mitts more) but I thought that Ward would have really turned his game up a notch for the playoff run with some bigtime physical play...like he did in Carolina during the cup run. Anyway, I couldn't get past Mara's plus/minus disasters. As decieving a stat as they are, you would think that he would have finished at least once on the plus side of that statistic, but I don't think he ever has. So my fear would be that he woul be caught out of position a few times, and the Garden crowd would be all over the guy.

Looks like I was wrong so far, as Mara seems to fit in quite well. His shot is a huge addition, and he seems to be reliable in his own zone. Glad he has elevated his play for the stretch and hope he keeps it up.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 10:38 PM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I was worried when they traded for Mara at the deadline. Personally I was a big Ward fan, but I guess he fell out of his good standings with the capt, and Renney. At the time I thought that Ward was the better defenseman. I thought he was more physical(even though Mara has and will drop the mitts more) but I thought that Ward would have really turned his game up a notch for the playoff run with some bigtime physical play...like he did in Carolina during the cup run. Anyway, I couldn't get past Mara's plus/minus disasters. As decieving a stat as they are, you would think that he would have finished at least once on the plus side of that statistic, but I don't think he ever has. So my fear would be that he woul be caught out of position a few times, and the Garden crowd would be all over the guy.

Looks like I was wrong so far, as Mara seems to fit in quite well. His shot is a huge addition, and he seems to be reliable in his own zone. Glad he has elevated his play for the stretch and hope he keeps it up.
i was thinking the same way when we first made the trade, not that i was in love with ward or his play at any point this season.. he was pretty brutal for the most part.. i think mara stays..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Edge

It's funny, he hasn't put up as many points as I expected but he's been far better defensivly.

If we could play like this, eat up the minutes he does AND get into the 50-60 point range I think we've really got something.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Draft Guru

Mara's exceeded my expectations thus far. I'm definitely pleased with the trade. Anybody else think it's a coincidence that we've been on a roll since Ward was dealt?

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 11:59 PM
The Thomas J.*

I have no prolbem with Mars on this team, I liked the trade when it happened, Marra plays both sides of the puck & his shot his hard and accurate.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:01 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I've always liked Mara. Loved the trade. And I really like what he has added to this team. He's +5 as a Ranger.
agreed, imagine if we sign a defensive dman like Cory Sarich who is an UFA this summer. Mara and Sarich were a good pair for the Bolts a few years ago.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Forever Blue

I wasn't expecting much out of him, maybe to be equal to Ward, but he has certainly exceeded the level of play I was hoping for. Put him with a stay-at-home type defenseman, and he could continue to grow, to become a very good offensive dman for us.

Forever Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 08:24 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save By Richter View Post
I wasn't expecting much out of him, maybe to be equal to Ward, but he has certainly exceeded the level of play I was hoping for. Put him with a stay-at-home type defenseman, and he could continue to grow, to become a very good offensive dman for us.
Agreed. I imagine that when and if Staal arrives next season, he'd be an ideal fit to be paired with Mara.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 08:40 AM
VIL8BUBBLE

One thing I love about Mara, is that as a defensman, he seems to jump in and try the backdoor play at least once every game. At least once a game, when Nylander or Jagr do that dam 360 that they do once they skate in the zone, he is headed to the net, looking for that backdoor goal. And if it's not there he is headed right back to the point instead of getting caught deep like an Ozolinsh would. Its just another added dimension I think is a goof thing to have.

VIL8BUBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 08:54 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
agreed, imagine if we sign a defensive dman like Cory Sarich who is an UFA this summer. Mara and Sarich were a good pair for the Bolts a few years ago.
I don't think the Rangers sign a defenseman this offseason.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 09:02 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't think the Rangers sign a defenseman this offseason.

I don't either. Unless a deal for a good young player falls into their lap, where thye can move some prospects out in the process, I'm not sure I see the Rangers being all that busy this off-season.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 09:04 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I don't either. Unless a deal for a good young player falls into their lap, where thye can move some prospects out in the process, I'm not sure I see the Rangers being all that busy this off-season.
I think they try and get a center.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote