HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hey Singin' (re: Toronto trolls)

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 08:35 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Hey Singin' (re: Toronto trolls)

We seem to be bombarded with Toronto trolls. Anything you can do about it?
I realize that the Canadian trolls must find their own teams so exciting that they just cannot wait to come on our boards to discuss our teams. I realize that their jelousy of everything New York extends to not only the Rangers (an admited joke) but to the Yankees (the greatest team in sports history). I realize that the Blue Jays generate so much excitement that their Toronto fans feel the exuberent need to come here (to a hockey board) to discuss them. I realize that due to the fact that most of the Toronto trolls were not alive the last time that there actually was a Stanley Cup game in their city, they have to come here.
So is there a way that every thread can be read without having a Toronto troll pipe in?

Old
12-15-2003, 08:39 AM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
We seem to be bombarded with Toronto trolls. Anything you can do about it?
I realize that the Canadian trolls must find their own teams so exciting that they just cannot wait to come on our boards to discuss our teams. I realize that their jelousy of everything New York extends to not only the Rangers (an admited joke) but to the Yankees (the greatest team in sports history). I realize that the Blue Jays generate so much excitement that their Toronto fans feel the exuberent need to come here (to a hockey board) to discuss them. I realize that due to the fact that most of the Toronto trolls were not alive the last time that there actually was a Stanley Cup game in their city, they have to come here.
So is there a way that every thread can be read without having a Toronto troll pipe in?
*pipes in*

Old
12-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Davisian

I'm quite sure we can handle them, without mod interference..

Many methods to do so, but I prefer to rely on two..

1. Ignore

2. Beat 'em at their own game.. Respond in kind to their posts, and expose the nitwit that lies beneath..

We've dealt with Isles, Flyers and Devils trolls before, and soon we separated the trolls from the interesting and contributing fans of those teams..

Now we have guys like Trottier, and John the FLyers fan stopping in and making good conversations..

Let's deal with them like a true New Yorker should.. Make 'em put up (with actual content) or shutup (by ignoring)..

Old
12-15-2003, 09:47 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeofWindsor
Yes, very jealous.. I only wish we could miss the playoffs 6 seasons in a row as well as you can.

Simply posting in the gameday thread, discussing the game (you know, the one you lost), is not trolling.

^ That is trolling. Making a comment just to piss off the members of the forum, then leaving. Posted in the Leafs Rangers gameday thread in the Leafs forum.
I made a comment about the game. You have all come here and pretty much rubbed the loss in our faces, and trashed everything about the Rangers, and the Yankees. (which i dont mind, go mets!!)

Old
12-15-2003, 09:50 AM
Fletch

I've chosen to ignore...

much like I do for all Davisian posts, except for the one time I thought he was aneirin

Old
12-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
much like I do for all Davisian posts, except for the one time I thought he was aneirin
See TB, how such a "wise one" can "overcome" us twits...

Old
12-15-2003, 10:37 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Yes, very jealous.. I only wish we could miss the playoffs 6 seasons in a row as well as you can.
Man, I wish that I was a fan of a great team like the 'Leafs. I think it is so great that all the trolls were not even a thought in their parents heads when the 'Leafs won the Cup.
Awwww....you 'Leafs fans are so cute. I could just reach through the computer and squeze you collective cheeks. The 'Leafs are simply AWESOME. Everyone should be a fan of a team that has not had a meaningfull victory in recent memory.
Now (patting your little head) run along, before your parents decide to send you to bed without supper.

Old
12-15-2003, 11:03 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Simply posting in the gameday thread, discussing the game (you know, the one you lost), is not trolling.

^ That is trolling. Making a comment just to piss off the members of the forum, then leaving. Posted in the Leafs Rangers gameday thread in the Leafs forum.

With your history of trolling, you will forgive me if I chose not to use your interpretation of what is and what is not trolling.

It's OK not to say anything some times.

As far as what goes on over on the Leaf board, sorry, not my area. I'm sure that Dutch and Rand are more than qualified to handle it. They are both excellent mods.

Thanks.