HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC signs contract with NHL

Old
03-26-2007, 11:07 AM
canadave

vCash: 500
CBC signs contract with NHL

Hockey Night in Canada will be on CBC for another six years beyond the 2007-2008 season:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...in-canada.html

I, for one, am absolutely thrilled--seriously. Like them or hate them, CBC and Canadian hockey are an institution.

canadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 11:10 AM
dravid*

an institution catering exclusively to the eastern market...

dravid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Injektilo

Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
awesome.

Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 11:12 AM
canadave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dravid View Post
Well, not *exclusively*, although I know what you mean. But even so, it's a national institution and part of our history.

Old
03-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Injektilo

wait, what does this mean?

"Also, effective immediately, a multimedia package including live and on-demand video streaming of all CBC's hockey broadcasts will be available online at CBC.ca."

Probably canada only huh....

Old
03-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Oilersyul89

Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
I wonder if they will ever have double header HDs broadcasts or even Regional HD broadcasts? Last I heard was that CBC had only 1 HD production truck available for HD broadcasts per Saturday night! Our tax dollars paying for the Maple Laughs in HD!!

Oilersyul89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

"Also, effective immediately, a multimedia package including live and on-demand video streaming of all CBC's hockey broadcasts will be available online at CBC.ca."

Does this mean that from next season the games would be online too? That would be great!!!

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Injektilo

They'll have second HD truck for the western games starting next year, if i recall correctly.

Old
03-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Oilersyul89

Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Injektilo View Post
They'll have second HD truck for the western games starting next year, if i recall correctly.
well that is a start.

Oilersyul89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Digger12
Gold Fever

So we have another 6 years of Bob Cole regaling us with bleats of "THE LEAFS NEED A GOAL!!" at random intervals whenever he's doing the occasional Oiler game?

Sweet.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 11:24 AM
canadave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Oil13 View Post

Does this mean that from next season the games would be online too? That would be great!!!
Yeah, I was a little confused about that too. However, I'd think that if it's "effective immediately", we should see some evidence of whatever they're talking about pretty soon, like within a few days at most.

Old
03-26-2007, 12:05 PM
shawnmullin

Send a message via AIM to shawnmullin Send a message via MSN to shawnmullin
Terrific, I'm really glad to hear that. All the talk of Hockey Night in Canada moving disturbed me.

shawnmullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:07 PM
OntOilFan

Quote:
By far the biggest market in the country.

CBC televises a very decent number of Oiler games during the year. What do you have to complain about? They could pack it in if they wanted to. Then you'd have something to ***** about.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injektilo View Post
wait, what does this mean?

Probably canada only huh....
Can't click on link, is taht free you think? So you think maybe instead of watching leafs games, we can watch regional Sens games? That would be awesome

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

I won't blame CBC for showing Leaf games every single Saturday night.....I will say that it's ridiculous that they do nothing with some Saturday games involving other Canadian teams(like the Flames and Oilers a week ago). Either let the teams broadcast them for PPV's or let Sportsnet have them, or send a freakin crew to do them!!! I have Centre Ice so it doesn't affect me, but unless you have Express Vu you can't even get that so it affect's a ton of people. Anyways, yeah HNIC is truely a Canadian thing, but they seriously need to sink some dollars into it. Namely on the broadcasting end of things. I really like Jim Hughson, but Cuthbert being fired was the worst thing that station has ever done. He is the best play by play man in the business. Bob Cole AND Harry Neale are too old to keep going, and I could stand watching the Leaf games more if they didn't have two COMPLETE HOMERS doing there games. It's a national freakin broadcast boys, be professional!!! The worst is when they do the Sens/Leafs games and listening to Cole's disgusting attempt to be fair to both sides.

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
True overall but remember back before they started the whole double header thing? Muuuch worse than what we have today IMO. I am not so sure if CTV or whoever had gotten it that it would be run that much differently anyway.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:25 PM
metallicat

Meh, whatever. As long as TSN expands the hockey they show, preferably taking away the rights from Sportsnet, one of the worst channels on Canadian television.

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Digger12
Gold Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post

CBC televises a very decent number of Oiler games during the year. What do you have to complain about? They could pack it in if they wanted to. Then you'd have something to ***** about.
You don't really think no other network would swoop in to fill the void, do you?

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:30 PM
McThome
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to McThome
**** !

Was hoping CTV could get it. The CBC is a joke. The whole ****ing network...

03-26-2007, 12:30 PM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Meh, whatever. As long as TSN expands the hockey they show, preferably taking away the rights from Sportsnet, one of the worst channels on Canadian television.
I'm still shocked they had Eklund for thier Deadline day show, what the hell??

McOilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Sayuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
I won't blame CBC for showing Leaf games every single Saturday night.....I will say that it's ridiculous that they do nothing with some Saturday games involving other Canadian teams(like the Flames and Oilers a week ago). Either let the teams broadcast them for PPV's or let Sportsnet have them, or send a freakin crew to do them!!! I have Centre Ice so it doesn't affect me, but unless you have Express Vu you can't even get that so it affect's a ton of people. Anyways, yeah HNIC is truely a Canadian thing, but they seriously need to sink some dollars into it. Namely on the broadcasting end of things. I really like Jim Hughson, but Cuthbert being fired was the worst thing that station has ever done. He is the best play by play man in the business. Bob Cole AND Harry Neale are too old to keep going, and I could stand watching the Leaf games more if they didn't have two COMPLETE HOMERS doing there games. It's a national freakin broadcast boys, be professional!!! The worst is when they do the Sens/Leafs games and listening to Cole's disgusting attempt to be fair to both sides.
I also don't blame them for this, the one thing that bothers me is that the NHL schedule is dictated by the fact that the Leaf's have to play every Saturday Night. There are lots of Saturdays where other teams don't play. It wouldn't bother me at all if there were some Saturday's where the first game was Ottawa or Montreal playing somebody other than Toronto and then a Western game on later. I understand if Toronto is playing on Saturday they should show it, but would it really be that terrible if the Leafs didn't have games on a couple Saturdays?

Sayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 12:33 PM
dravid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post

give it a rest. *ignore*

dravid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 01:47 PM
McJadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
if that happens though, we're just get hit over the head with more toronto and montreal games.... sportsnet production might not be all that great, but at least we get to see the games.... .ill take bad production and watching oiler games over great production and watching eastern games any day of the week thanks

McJadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 01:50 PM
McJadeddog

has anybody heard what the numbers are like? im guessing CBC had to really shell out the dough as TSN was reportedly willing to pay a very steep price

McJadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 01:56 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Personally, I'd rather another network got it. The quality of the broadcasts has been absolute garbage. It's embarrasing.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote