HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton host of 2008 CHL top prospects game

Old
03-26-2007, 03:13 PM
40oz

vCash: 500
Edmonton host of 2008 CHL top prospects game

http://www.oilkings.ca/hm/
Quote:
In September 2007, once again the Western Hockey League will return to Edmonton, giving hockey fans a glimpse at the future of the NHL. However, six months before the Edmonton Oil Kings first puck drop, the franchise has already scored a major victory with the announcement that the Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game will be held at Rexall Place in January of 2008.

The 2008 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game is the annual showcase of the top draft eligible players from the Western Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League, and Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, and features the next wave of future NHL stars from across the Canadian Hockey League. The two-day event will feature the annual Top Prospects game, as well as a thrilling skills competition where players can show-off their individual abilities for fans and scouts alike.

”The Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game allows the top draft eligible players in the CHL to showcase their skills and talents in front of the management and scouting staffs of every NHL team. This event is something that our players strive for the opportunity to compete in and as a result the game itself is a showcase of some of the most dedicated and driven young men our league has to offer. We are very thankful to have the tremendous support from the NHL, along with Home Hardware and our many other sponsors who make this a great event" added Branch.

“The Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game is not your typical All-Star game, as these players are all competing to improve their NHL Draft Position,” said Nick Wilson, Vice President of Business Operations for the Edmonton Oil Kings. “Given the magnitude of this event in the hockey world, and the support of hockey fans throughout northern Alberta, there will be a great demand for tickets.”

Home Hardware, a title sponsor since 2000, continues as the title partner of the Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game this year.

The long list of NHL stars that have participated in the Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game includes Dion Phaneuf, Roberto Luongo, Patrick Marleau, Gilbert Brule, Scott Gomez, and Marc-Andre Fleury. Edmonton Oilers Joffrey Lupul, Marc Antoine Pouliot, and J.F Jacques also played in the game.

“The Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game is one of the premiere events for the National Hockey League scouts to see all the top level NHL Draft eligible players in Major Junior Hockey”, said NHL Central Scouting’s E.J. McGuire. This is a great opportunity and a much anticipated showcase for all the scouting staffs across the National Hockey League to see these players in the same environment, added McGuire.
cool

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Raoul Duke*

I'm there. I saw it when it was in Calgary and looking back now to have watched Spezza, Hamhuis, Hemsky, Tootoo among countless other NHLers now at once was pretty sick.

Here in Edmonton we can show how it's done. And 2008 will bring John Tavares along with it.

Raoul Duke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 03:53 PM
dravid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
I'm there. I saw it when it was in Calgary and looking back now to have watched Spezza, Hamhuis, Hemsky, Tootoo among countless other NHLers now at once was pretty sick.

Here in Edmonton we can show how it's done. And 2008 will bring John Tavares along with it.
hemsky wasn't there... he got injured before and missed it

dravid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 04:46 PM
hfboardsuser

That's going to be an absolutely stacked game.

Possible invites:

Forwards

John Tavares (OHL)
Cody Lindsay (OHL)
Philip McRae (OHL)
Nathan Moon (OHL)
Nazem Kadri (OHL)
Jared Staal (OHL)
James Livingston (OHL)
Steve Stamkos (OHL)
Cody Hodgson (OHL)
Thomas Frazee (WHL)
Luke Schenn (WHL)
Zach Boychuk (WHL)
Jordan Eberle (WHL)
Mitch Wahl (WHL)
Dale Hunt (WHL)
Kyle Beach (WHL)
Cassidy Mappin (WHL)
Patrice Cormier (QMJHL)
Kelsey Tessier (QMJHL)
Philippe Cornet (QMJHL)
Chris Doyle (QMJHL)
Luke Adam (QMJHL)
Maxime Sauve (QMJHL)
Joel Champagne (QMJHL)
Maxime Legault (QMJHL)

Defense

Luke Schenn (WHL)
Tyler Myers (WHL)
Tyler Schmidt (WHL)
Eric Mestery (WHL)
Colton Teubert (WHL)
Drew Doughty (OHL)
Michael Del Zotto (OHL)
Alex Pietrangelo (OHL)
Tyler Cuma (OHL)
Yann Sauve (QMJHL)
Alexandre Neron (QMJHL)
Steven Delisle (QMJHL)
Pascal Amyot (QMJHL)

Goal

Peter Delmas (QMJHL)
Kevin Poulin (QMJHL)
Thomas McCollum (OHL)
Dustin Tokarski (WHL)
Braden Holtby (WHL)
Chet Pickard (WHL)

Last edited by hfboardsuser: 03-27-2007 at 01:34 PM.
hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 06:27 PM
hockeyaddict101

I knew it was coming as a friend of mine got Oil King tickets and they are already selling those tickets to season ticket holders.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Oilman72

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
I knew it was coming as a friend of mine got Oil King tickets and they are already selling those tickets to season ticket holders.
That's just what I just did. Got some gold seats for the Oil Kings and they offered them at like $40 per. I jumped at it.

Oilman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Louiss

Tavares won't be in it... He is only eligible for 2009

Louiss is offline   Reply With Quote