Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Moving to Saskatoon this fall

Old
03-26-2007, 08:46 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

vCash: 500

And I'm really looking forward to getting back into following a Major Junior team. I'm a London Knights fan, but since I can no longer follow them the way I once did, I will do my best to become a solid supporter of my new favourite team, the Saskatoon Blades.

Just curious how hard it's going to be to get tickets to watch them. Do they sell out every game, or am I going to be able to walk up and get tickets on game night? The last few years I spent in London, it became almost impossible to watch them play, because of how popular they became.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 10:20 PM
GBG BLEED BLUE

Send a message via MSN to GBG BLEED BLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafErikson View Post
And I'm really looking forward to getting back into following a Major Junior team. I'm a London Knights fan, but since I can no longer follow them the way I once did, I will do my best to become a solid supporter of my new favourite team, the Saskatoon Blades.

Just curious how hard it's going to be to get tickets to watch them. Do they sell out every game, or am I going to be able to walk up and get tickets on game night? The last few years I spent in London, it became almost impossible to watch them play, because of how popular they became.
Welcome aboard my new friend I am a Saskatoon Blades Season Ticket Holder and no it is not difficult to get tickets because the Credit Union Centre(A.K.A The CUC) does not sell out because the arena holds 11,310 seats,so tickets are not a problem,so far. This is awesome a fellow Leaf fan moving to Saskatoon,get ready to BLEED BLUE!!!!!!! If you have any other questions/concerns about the city/team or whatever feel free to PM me or post your questions in this thread. Oh another good WHL message board is www.whlfans.ca (So if you want you can join myself and alot of other WHL fans and talk hockey.)

Also here is a thread(started by me)

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=244550&page=11

that talks all about the Saskatoon Blades,so please feel free to pop on by there and ask questions.

Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE: 03-26-2007 at 10:32 PM.
GBG BLEED BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 10:33 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE View Post
Welcome aboard my new friend I am a Saskatoon Blades Season Ticket Holder and no it is not difficult to get tickets because the Credit Union Centre(A.K.A The CUC) does not sell out because the arena holds 11,310 seats,so tickets are not a problem,so far. This is awesome a fellow Leaf fan moving to Saskatoon,get ready to BLEED BLUE!!!!!!! If you have any other questions/concerns about the city/team or whatever feel free to PM me or post your questions in this thread. Oh another good WHL message board is www.whlfans.ca (So if you want you can join myself and alot of other WHL fans and talk hockey.)

Also here is a thread(started by me)

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=244550&page=11

that talks all about the Saskatoon Blades,so please feel free to pop on by there and ask questions.
Sweet deal, what can you tell me about Colton Gillies?

Old
03-26-2007, 10:42 PM
GBG BLEED BLUE

Quote:
Sweet deal, what can you tell me about Colton Gillies?
Yes I sure can: if you want to see his player profile go to www.saskatoonblades.com and then look on the left hand side,you will see roster,click it and find his name. Ok I am not sure exactly what you want to know but I will try my best now and you can ask me more questions about him. He is 6'4 and skates pretty well but does not really have the scoring touch,but is awesome in the shootout,and he was suspended for a hit from behind during the second last game(sadly he hits guys from behind often,I hope he stops) it is 50-50 as to wheather the hit was clean,because of the players turning there back to him. Sorry for rambling on. I am sure there are more specific things you want to know about him so like I said ask away.

Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE: 03-26-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old
03-26-2007, 11:29 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE View Post
Yes I sure can: if you want to see his player profile go to www.saskatoonblades.com and then look on the left hand side,you will see roster,click it and find his name. Ok I am not sure exactly what you want to know but I will try my best now and you can ask me more questions about him. He is 6'4 and skates pretty well but does not really have the scoring touch,but is awesome in the shootout,and he was suspended for a hit from behind during the second last game(sadly he hits guys from behind often,I hope he stops) it is 50-50 as to wheather the hit was clean,because of the players turning there back to him. Sorry for rambling on. I am sure there are more specific things you want to know about him so like I said ask away.
Ya, thanks. I was thinking of him more as a possibility for the Leafs as their first round draft pick this summer. He's ranked near, or around where they'd be picking.

I guess I'm thinking more overall potential, what do you see him contributing to a NHL team, if he ever makes it.

Old
03-27-2007, 04:51 PM
GBG BLEED BLUE

Quote:
Ya, thanks. I was thinking of him more as a possibility for the Leafs as their first round draft pick this summer. He's ranked near, or around where they'd be picking.

I guess I'm thinking more overall potential, what do you see him contributing to a NHL team, if he ever makes it.
I would like to see the Leafs draft him too,but only if he stops hitting from behind,because if he doesnt that may make the Leafs steer clear of him,or even if they have their eye on him,because in the past the Leafs have not drafted too many players from the WHL or even Canadian Hockey League. I see him as 3rd or 2nd liner at best,he has played defence and was kinda converted into one when the Blades had tons of injuries on D,so that could be both a positive and negative for him. Hopefully for his sake he starts to develop more of a scoring touch and produces more points and lives up to the expectations of everyone who watches him(I know this can be extremely difficult and will add pressure as well) I hope he can overcome this adversity and show everyone his true potential.

I see that you have made your way over to www.whlfans.ca now all of your WHL,Blades questions can be answered as there are very knowledgable posters like myself over there.

Also if you don't mind me asking when in the fall do you plan on moving to Saskatoon? The reason why I ask is because the Blades have an annual Ice Breaker Tournament,in September(usually it is the first or second weekend) and some Pre season games after that.

Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE: 03-27-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old
04-02-2007, 09:50 PM
saskatoonman

hello

i live in saskatoon too i am twelve and i have cheered for the blades for my whole life but now i might have to change bacause the blades are just not consitent. I will still cheer for them but not as hard as my new team the london knights and the vancouver giants.

saskatoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 12:38 AM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
My condolences.

CCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Round John

Quote:

Firstly welcome to Saskatoon, good luck with the move, hopefully all the dishes get here in one piece.

On Gillies... he is possibly the biggest lightning rod prospect in the draft. Just mention him and 'bam' you get all kinds of divergent opinions.

Gillies is the best and fastest skating big man I have ever seen at the junior level. He will have no problem with the speed of the pro game. He is a responsible player in his own end, carries the puck well, and is a leader.

He seems to look to pass more often than shoot. This is where my concerns begin. Does he not have a shot? Will offense be a problem? He hits a lot, and hits hard, unfortunately he has a tendancy for hitting from behind.

If the offensive concern is just a matter of development, and it comes along, he will be a first or second line NHLer. If the offensive side of the game does not develope he will be a third or fourth line NHLer.

Round John is offline   Reply With Quote