HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Here we go again?

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 01:51 AM
LondonFan

vCash: 500
Here we go again?

OK, I admit, I've only been a Ranger fan for...oh 5 years. So I've never been a fan of them when they have made the Playoffs. Now the team seems to be falling apart again, is anyone else experiencing severe deja v?

I know every team experiences its ups and downs, even the best teams. But this Ranger team seems to have a set pattern....a bit of hope and then it all goes downhill.

Dont really know what the point of this is, but at least its not another "OT" thread. I'm just on my break at work and annoyed at how useless Sather is really.

Old
12-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Believe me, I feel your pain. This has been about the worst I have ever seen this organization (and I've been following the Rangers on and off for over 30 years) and it's clearly completely lost about how to fix the problem. Someone has to get the guts to go to the Dolans and tell them that their Fearless Leader has lost it and it's time to rebuild the organization the right way--adding star after star hasn't worked for two GMs now--and convince them that it's the only way to reclaim the Ranger organization's reputation.

However, I ain't holding my breath. Although I occasionally hope that Sather will wake up one morning and decide that he doesn't need this headache anymore and walk away. Gotta dream....

Old
12-15-2003, 02:28 PM
NCalFan

I've got to agree

I think i have seen mmost of every game this season and the entire tieam seems to have simply died. I won't say quit cause deep down these guys are doing what they love. And that seems to be what it looks like. they look beaten down. There have been bright spots but this team is rudderless and much as I hate to agree with Brooks I think he made a point today reading between the lines.

I have seen two games, Toronto and Montreal that were broadcast by TSN East, both announced by Pierre McGuire and he was saying the same thing. It isn't a discipline thing but more that they just seem disinterested. They try for a while and then stop trying. Other than the Hartford kids there seems to be no enthusiasm and it shows in Holik. He looks like he wants to lead but then just gives in. Not up.

Old
12-15-2003, 02:41 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFan
I know every team experiences its ups and downs, even the best teams. But this Ranger team seems to have a set pattern....a bit of hope and then it all goes downhill.
Serves you right for having hope.

Old
12-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

ah it seems like only yesterday that people were getting so angry that i was bashing this team over patterns that have cotinued 30 games into this season.

it's only 5 games.....it's only 10 games they said.

this time of year where these boards always become eerily quiet.

Closed Thread