HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Bob McKenzie's Team Canada World Jr.

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
slick call on Corey Perry being just outside...
I'm surprised that he was, as are a lot of people, judging from the comments after the TSN article on the cuts.

Old
12-16-2003, 09:50 PM
PecaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil
Deslauriers looked attrocious in the second intrasquad game, showing absolutely NO rebound control, and was lucky he didn't get lit up.
Ah yes, it's much better to look good while you're fishing the puck out of the net for the faceoff at centre ice, than to look odd while stopping everything.

This is the same stuff they used to throw at Hasek in Chicago. "He'll never be a #1. He's got no style. Always flopping. Looks weird. Trade him." (not saying Deslauriers is a future Hasek)

Old
12-17-2003, 03:07 AM
Egil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PecaFan
Ah yes, it's much better to look good while you're fishing the puck out of the net for the faceoff at centre ice, than to look odd while stopping everything.

This is the same stuff they used to throw at Hasek in Chicago. "He'll never be a #1. He's got no style. Always flopping. Looks weird. Trade him." (not saying Deslauriers is a future Hasek)

He a) wasn't stopping everything (he let in 3 goals I believe), and was giving the other team "bonus" chances due to the lack of rebound control. He looked fine making the saves, and he wasn't flopping. But he was giving up a JUICY rebound after almost EVERY shot. Something that Hasek DOESN'T do. He looks ackward, but most of his rebounds go to the sides, or stay within a foot of his pads, where it is virtually impossible for the opposition to lift the puck over the pad and into the net. The rebounds to the 5-10 ft area directly in front of the net are BAD, no matter what way you slice it.

Old
12-17-2003, 02:41 PM
PecaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil
He a) wasn't stopping everything (he let in 3 goals I believe), and was giving the other team "bonus" chances due to the lack of rebound control. He looked fine making the saves, and he wasn't flopping. But he was giving up a JUICY rebound after almost EVERY shot. Something that Hasek DOESN'T do. He looks ackward, but most of his rebounds go to the sides, or stay within a foot of his pads, where it is virtually impossible for the opposition to lift the puck over the pad and into the net. The rebounds to the 5-10 ft area directly in front of the net are BAD, no matter what way you slice it.
Three goals? Everything I've read says he allowed one goal on 31 shots in game 1, and zero on 7 shots in game 2. Which is fantastic, no matter how you cut it.

As for the rebounds, that's the Allaire system evidently. Put the rebound in the slot because that's where your defencemen are. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but he's just doing what he's been taught most likely.

Old
12-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Randall Graves*

Kinda disappointed Perry got left off although his skill set isn't great for international play,i'm anxious to see Crosby in the tournament as I have not seen him yet. no real surprises here.

Closed Thread