HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EDM/ANA deal dead?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-15-2003, 06:29 PM
  #1
Chayos
Registered User
 
Chayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Posts: 2,688
vCash: 500
EDM/ANA deal dead?

I think the oiler ana deal must be dead. I think Murray will not pay more than he offered and Comrie will not pony up the cash. I suspect Comrie is pissed, but who cares as long as we get fair value.

Chayos is offline  
Old
12-15-2003, 06:40 PM
  #2
streetballer03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
I'll pray that it is. Perry is garbage for Comrie and the 1st is a HUGE gamble since we seem to use our first rounders on raw unknown talents/character guys that end up being on the 3rd/4th line.

They should either trade Mike to Long Island for Peca/Niinimaa/Jonsson, To Philly for Gagne, to Atlanta for Stefan and Coburn or Florida for Weiss and Krajicek

streetballer03 is offline  
Old
12-15-2003, 06:56 PM
  #3
Habitant
Registered User
 
Habitant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetballer03
I'll pray that it is. Perry is garbage for Comrie and the 1st is a HUGE gamble since we seem to use our first rounders on raw unknown talents/character guys that end up being on the 3rd/4th line.

They should either trade Mike to Long Island for Peca/Niinimaa/Jonsson, To Philly for Gagne, to Atlanta for Stefan and Coburn or Florida for Weiss and Krajicek
Why not trade him to Calgary for Iginla, or to L.A. for Palffy? I hear Datsyuk, Fisher, and Lidstrom might be available in Detroit. Come on, if Lowe agreed to this deal its because nobody was offering better. You say Perry is garbage for Comrie, but Comrie is garbage for the guys you listed.

I agree that the Anaheim offer is bad but I still think the player that best meets the Oilers needs is...Mike Comrie. If he won't play, let him rot until he grows up and sees he has no other option.

Habitant is offline  
Old
12-15-2003, 07:10 PM
  #4
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,540
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetballer03
They should either trade Mike to Long Island for Peca/Niinimaa/Jonsson, To Philly for Gagne, to Atlanta for Stefan and Coburn or Florida for Weiss and Krajicek
Nope. It's pretty obvious now that Comrie won't bring anything close to that kind of return.

As for the deal, I can't help but think it's dead too. Murray said he would wait as long as it takes, but it doesn't look like he's going to pony up either the money or more value in terms of players/picks (which is probably all he has to do to get the deal done). Lowe apparently still wants to do the deal, but, of course, not without the money. I doubt Comrie will end up paying anything.

Seachd is offline  
Old
12-15-2003, 07:19 PM
  #5
streetballer03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant
Why not trade him to Calgary for Iginla, or to L.A. for Palffy? I hear Datsyuk, Fisher, and Lidstrom might be available in Detroit. Come on, if Lowe agreed to this deal its because nobody was offering better. You say Perry is garbage for Comrie, but Comrie is garbage for the guys you listed.

I agree that the Anaheim offer is bad but I still think the player that best meets the Oilers needs is...Mike Comrie. If he won't play, let him rot until he grows up and sees he has no other option.
condescending piece of scrotum

go away if you think mike is garbage. thats the least i can say for the whole montreal roster. Mike can and will bring back quality. my fingers are crossed.

streetballer03 is offline  
Old
12-15-2003, 07:41 PM
  #6
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I think the oiler ana deal must be dead. I think Murray will not pay more than he offered and Comrie will not pony up the cash. I suspect Comrie is pissed, but who cares as long as we get fair value.
Can't be true. On the Rumours/Trade Proposal Board on Friday or Saturday Mizral said the deal would be done Monday morning. I have been sitting at my computer all day waiting. . . . .

theoil is offline  
Old
12-15-2003, 07:47 PM
  #7
barto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetballer03
condescending piece of scrotum

go away if you think mike is garbage. thats the least i can say for the whole montreal roster. Mike can and will bring back quality. my fingers are crossed.
Now, now, we can play nice... you don't have to be a Habs fan to be condescending! I'm sure many Oilers fans would also think your trade proposals are extremely optimistic as well.

M.C. SHOULD bring back quality, but I think the best chance of that was for him to sign a one-year deal with a low base salary and play his butt off to show that he IS a quality player, instead of leaving other GMs to wonder if they'd be getting the 30-goal Mike Comrie who scored some great clutch goals, or the 20-ish-goal Mike who was a severely-minus player and didn't seem to do much most of the season (esp. compared to the one before). A little risky for other GMs to give up too much, and now Comrie seems to have been labelled as a bit of a trouble-maker, and which GM would want to pay a lot for that??

Bart

barto is offline  
Old
12-15-2003, 07:48 PM
  #8
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,125
vCash: 500
I heard that Vishnevsky asked to be added to that deal so that he won't have to play against Raffi Torres anymore

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
12-15-2003, 07:51 PM
  #9
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I heard that Vishnevsky asked to be added to that deal so that he won't have to play against Raffi Torres anymore
It was like a bug hitting Raffi's windshield.

Digger12 is offline  
Old
12-15-2003, 10:53 PM
  #10
Chayos
Registered User
 
Chayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Posts: 2,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
It was like a bug hitting Raffi's windshield.
Ibet if Murray added Vishnevski to perry and the 1st this would be a done deal!

Chayos is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.