HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EDM/ANA deal dead?

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 06:29 PM
Chayos

vCash: 500
EDM/ANA deal dead?

I think the oiler ana deal must be dead. I think Murray will not pay more than he offered and Comrie will not pony up the cash. I suspect Comrie is pissed, but who cares as long as we get fair value.

Old
12-15-2003, 06:40 PM
streetballer03

I'll pray that it is. Perry is garbage for Comrie and the 1st is a HUGE gamble since we seem to use our first rounders on raw unknown talents/character guys that end up being on the 3rd/4th line.

They should either trade Mike to Long Island for Peca/Niinimaa/Jonsson, To Philly for Gagne, to Atlanta for Stefan and Coburn or Florida for Weiss and Krajicek

Old
12-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetballer03
I'll pray that it is. Perry is garbage for Comrie and the 1st is a HUGE gamble since we seem to use our first rounders on raw unknown talents/character guys that end up being on the 3rd/4th line.

They should either trade Mike to Long Island for Peca/Niinimaa/Jonsson, To Philly for Gagne, to Atlanta for Stefan and Coburn or Florida for Weiss and Krajicek
Why not trade him to Calgary for Iginla, or to L.A. for Palffy? I hear Datsyuk, Fisher, and Lidstrom might be available in Detroit. Come on, if Lowe agreed to this deal its because nobody was offering better. You say Perry is garbage for Comrie, but Comrie is garbage for the guys you listed.

I agree that the Anaheim offer is bad but I still think the player that best meets the Oilers needs is...Mike Comrie. If he won't play, let him rot until he grows up and sees he has no other option.

Old
12-15-2003, 07:10 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Nope. It's pretty obvious now that Comrie won't bring anything close to that kind of return.

As for the deal, I can't help but think it's dead too. Murray said he would wait as long as it takes, but it doesn't look like he's going to pony up either the money or more value in terms of players/picks (which is probably all he has to do to get the deal done). Lowe apparently still wants to do the deal, but, of course, not without the money. I doubt Comrie will end up paying anything.

Old
12-15-2003, 07:19 PM
streetballer03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant
Why not trade him to Calgary for Iginla, or to L.A. for Palffy? I hear Datsyuk, Fisher, and Lidstrom might be available in Detroit. Come on, if Lowe agreed to this deal its because nobody was offering better. You say Perry is garbage for Comrie, but Comrie is garbage for the guys you listed.

I agree that the Anaheim offer is bad but I still think the player that best meets the Oilers needs is...Mike Comrie. If he won't play, let him rot until he grows up and sees he has no other option.
condescending piece of scrotum

go away if you think mike is garbage. thats the least i can say for the whole montreal roster. Mike can and will bring back quality. my fingers are crossed.

Old
12-15-2003, 07:41 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I think the oiler ana deal must be dead. I think Murray will not pay more than he offered and Comrie will not pony up the cash. I suspect Comrie is pissed, but who cares as long as we get fair value.
Can't be true. On the Rumours/Trade Proposal Board on Friday or Saturday Mizral said the deal would be done Monday morning. I have been sitting at my computer all day waiting. . . . .

Old
12-15-2003, 07:47 PM
barto

Quote:
condescending piece of scrotum

go away if you think mike is garbage. thats the least i can say for the whole montreal roster. Mike can and will bring back quality. my fingers are crossed.
Now, now, we can play nice... you don't have to be a Habs fan to be condescending! I'm sure many Oilers fans would also think your trade proposals are extremely optimistic as well.

M.C. SHOULD bring back quality, but I think the best chance of that was for him to sign a one-year deal with a low base salary and play his butt off to show that he IS a quality player, instead of leaving other GMs to wonder if they'd be getting the 30-goal Mike Comrie who scored some great clutch goals, or the 20-ish-goal Mike who was a severely-minus player and didn't seem to do much most of the season (esp. compared to the one before). A little risky for other GMs to give up too much, and now Comrie seems to have been labelled as a bit of a trouble-maker, and which GM would want to pay a lot for that??

Bart

Old
12-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Oi'll say!

I heard that Vishnevsky asked to be added to that deal so that he won't have to play against Raffi Torres anymore

Old
12-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I heard that Vishnevsky asked to be added to that deal so that he won't have to play against Raffi Torres anymore
It was like a bug hitting Raffi's windshield.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:53 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
It was like a bug hitting Raffi's windshield.
Ibet if Murray added Vishnevski to perry and the 1st this would be a done deal!

Closed Thread