HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils vs. Isles Thread Tues. 7:00p.m.

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 04:23 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

vCash: 500
Awards:
Maybe Marty was tired after all........

Old
12-16-2003, 04:42 PM
JimEIV

That was F'in ugly.

Funny thing was how the Isles announcers thought that was an exciting game?!?

That was TERRIBLE execution on both sides.

That was SLOPPY turnovers on both sides.

That was forwards MISSING their checks on both sides.

The game mostly lacked physical play.

If that is what the league and the rest of the fans are interesting in seeing every night, I'm not interested.

Old
12-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV
That was F'in ugly.

Funny thing was how the Isles announcers thought that was an exciting game?!?

That was TERRIBLE execution on both sides.

That was SLOPPY turnovers on both sides.

That was forwards MISSING their checks on both sides.

The game mostly lacked physical play.

If that is what the league and the rest of the fans are interesting in seeing every night, I'm not interested.
I agree, especially on the first too. Marty did look like he was hurt though. They'll have their chance to get it back though. I'm more upset about the fact that they missed an opportunity to cut the space in between them and the Flyers.

Old
12-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Vanya

Holy ****!!!

I had a late meeting tonight and when I heard the final score on Boston sports radio I thought for sure Ahonen or Clemmenson started!

Sounds like this was a good one to miss.

Old
12-16-2003, 05:27 PM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vanya
...Sounds like this was a good one to miss...
...and how!
}:-(>
The worst part was that the Isles fourth goal should not have counted because Blake was off-side; it should have at least gone to OT.
The defense did not step up tonight, and they better not have another let-down against Atlanta.
I knew they were in trouble after the early 2-0 lead. They were being outshot until the third period.
Maybe Skrlac will start the next game...Assmuffin was pretty worthless...I just hope he's completely over his flu and it hasn't spread amongst the team.
The Flyers only gained one point tonight with an OT loss against Calgary.
The Devils had better be careful with Marty.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:28 PM
Vanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs430
Assmuffin was pretty worthless.

Bahahaha!!!!!

Old
12-16-2003, 06:53 PM
IslanderCountry

Good game Devils fans (well I doubt you think so) But it was an exciting game, even if the outcome wasn't what you would have liked.
I think both teams played hard...it could have went either way for the large part of the night, and any time you have a game like that it is usually a good game.

Valiant effort by the Devs, even in losing, they look good.

Looking forward to the next meeting.
Take care.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:43 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderCountry
Good game Devils fans (well I doubt you think so) But it was an exciting game, even if the outcome wasn't what you would have liked.
I think both teams played hard...it could have went either way for the large part of the night, and any time you have a game like that it is usually a good game.

Valiant effort by the Devs, even in losing, they look good.

Looking forward to the next meeting.
Take care.
Classy post. You guys have some great fans over in your forum. Always like reading whats going on with the Isles over there. Cheers.

Old
12-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
My hats off to the Devils for such an exciting game tonight. Although I was listening to it over the radio, I was caught up in the excitement as I probably would have been watching it on the TV. Funny how everyone considers the Devils boring, but the last two meetings between the Isles and Devs have been thrillers. Good game to all and I know I'll sure be looking foward to the next meeting in another 10 days

~TL

Old
12-16-2003, 10:39 PM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vanya
Holy ****!!!

I had a late meeting tonight and when I heard the final score on Boston sports radio I thought for sure Ahonen or Clemmenson started!

Sounds like this was a good one to miss.

Yeah, when I heard the score at work I was thinking "Oh well, at least Ahonen got some time in the big leagues.....I hope." Can't win em all tho...Burns will have them fired up for Thursday, but Atlanta lost 5-0 to Washington(!) tonight, so they won't be an easy opponent by any means.

Old
12-17-2003, 02:59 AM
PEli*

I only caught the end of the second period as I got home and went right back out to work. I saw that Madden goal. That was a pretty nice shot, glove side. Impressive corner picking.

Tough loss though. I'd have liked to take another two points from a division rival.

Old
12-17-2003, 03:30 AM
NJDevils#4
Since 2002, bishes

We lost because we didn't play our game. We were way too wide open. When we play "boring" hockey we are almost unstoppable. This was a wide open hockey game, and Brodeur just couldn't handle it. Martin was terrible on that 2-on-1 and I saw a lot of bad mistakes from Colin White, Nieds once or twice, and Stevens once. The offense played well, but we just weren't the Devils tonight. Smart hockey played by the Isles. Gotta wonder when Marty's gonna get a break.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:13 AM
Islanders4Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils#4
Gotta wonder when Marty's gonna get a break.
Has this ever been a topic of discussion? Without looking it up for myself, does Marty always play every night during the first half of the season? He looked spent and definitely hurting to me last night and the results showed. Even with the stellar defense and I know he has the reputation to be a battler and a warrior, but resting the guy every 6-7 games makes sense to keep him healthy. No?

... and I must add, that game was exciting last night as was the game in NJ last week. Both these games had me on the edge of my seat the entire game.

Old
12-17-2003, 08:02 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
How is the three stars determine, the sportswriter right? Is it the sportswriters covering the Islanders because how does Rupp not even get third star after scoring two goals???

Old
12-17-2003, 08:04 AM
Tom Liodice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
How is the three stars determine, the sportswriter right? Is it the sportswriters covering the Islanders because how does Rupp not even get third star after scoring two goals???
Actually the Islanders Radio Network determine the three stars in the Coliseum. I did not see the game, but in all honesty, with two goals, Rupp did at least deserve a star

Old
12-17-2003, 08:10 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Liodice
Actually the Islanders Radio Network determine the three stars in the Coliseum. I did not see the game, but in all honesty, with two goals, Rupp did at least deserve a star
Yeah neither did I see it, heard it on the radio, and I know it was a huge win the Islanders but to give them all three stars sounds like they were not to objective about it. Not really a big deal, I was just curious..........

Old
12-17-2003, 08:20 AM
JimEIV

exciting????????

Piss poor play on both sides is exciting? I guess it is exciting like watching two teams scramble and bump their heads for fumbled football is exciting........exciting in the same way 6 clowns at circus try to to get in one car is exciting.

Old
12-17-2003, 08:24 AM
Tom Liodice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV
exciting????????

Piss poor play on both sides is exciting? I guess it is exciting like watching two teams scramble and bump their heads for fumbled football is exciting........exciting in the same way 6 clowns at circus try to to get in one car is exciting.
Well, it's definitely a change from the Devils normal style of play. Whenever there's a high amount of scoring and an unpredictability surrouding what will happen next, that's what makes it exciting.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:04 AM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Whenever there's a high amount of...unpredictability surrouding what will happen next, that's what makes it exciting.
Sounds like my last job.
Now I am unemployed. Didn't see that one coming...but I didn't feel it was exciting.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:31 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Sounds like my last job.
Now I am unemployed. Didn't see that one coming...but I didn't feel it was exciting.
That sucks man. Sorry to hear it. Here's the only thing funny at all about being unemployed:

http://www.oddtodd.com/hw.html
http://www.oddtodd.com/index2.html

Old
12-17-2003, 10:48 AM
Tom Liodice

Quote:
Sounds like my last job.
Ohh damn. Very sorry to hear that. Makes you feel any better I'm unemployed too, so I know how you feel.

Old
12-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:

New New York Islanders' Janne Niinimaa, left, and New Jersey Devils' Mike Rupp crash into the boards in pursuit of the puck during the third period Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2003 in Uniondale, New York.
(AP Photo/Julie Jacobson)

New Jersey Devils' John Madden, left, and New York Islanders' Oleg Kvasha fight for the puck during the first period Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2003 in Uniondale, New York.

New Jersey Devils' Mike Rupp, left, celebrates with teammates David Hale, right, and Brian Rafalski after scoring his second goal of the first period against the New York Islanders Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2003 in Uniondale, N.Y..

Old
12-17-2003, 06:42 PM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
That sucks man. Sorry to hear it. Here's the only thing funny at all about being unemployed:
http://www.oddtodd.com/hw.html
http://www.oddtodd.com/index2.html
I appreciate the links, Unthinkable...funny
}:-)>
As Les Claypool once said: "Funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed...they don't mean quite so much - except you get to hang out with your workin' friends."
Quote:
Ohh damn. Very sorry to hear that. Makes you feel any better I'm unemployed too, so I know how you feel.
Actually, that doesn't make me feel any better...it makes me feel worse.
Good luck, I hope you can find something soon. I think the market should open up after the first of the new year.

Closed Thread