HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFAs hate washington?

Old
03-30-2007, 05:57 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
Longterm I totally agree....but I think it's difficult to throw the kid into the pressure cooker like that as a rookie. I believe (if he's the real deal like people would have us believe) that he'll likely be centering Ovy in the 2nd half of the season, IF....IF the Caps don't bring in an elite center like Datsyuk or Gomez (something along those lines).
The problem I have with this is that I'm not optimistic about NB's 2nd half. He'll be playing an NHL season roughly twice as long as what he's used to.

As others have said, for all intents and purposes, our top two lines are really 1 and 1a not 1 and 2. Yes he's going to feel pressure making a jump to the NHL and having expectations but that same pressure is going to alleviated by the strength of his linemates.

I really think he's AO's center (I think it's crystal clear to everyone that AO needs a playmaker more than AS) and the sooner he gets used to the position the better. Don't throw him into it after 40 games when his body is pretty much ready to take a few months off.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 04:18 PM
WashCapsfan4life8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heshootshescores View Post
All this shows is that 130 hockey players forgot that Washington has a hockey team. Probably all west coast players.

WashCapsfan4life8 is offline   Reply With Quote