HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Red Wings @ Predators - 3.29.07

Old
03-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Higgy4

vCash: 500
This was a great game. Both teams generated good scoring chances all night long, and the Preds simply ran out of time. I was on the edge of my seat for the last 4 minutes of the game. Could have easily gone either way.

I also don't feel the refs were horrible in this game. Was their a bad call? A missed call? Sure...but you can count on 1 hand how many games do not have bad or missed calls throughout an entire NHL season. Each team had ticky tack penalties on them and each team got away with a few. Some of you mentioned that you never get a call at crucial moments against the Wings? Didn't Nashville go on the PP with 2:35 to go in a one goal game? Seems like a pretty crucial moment to me. And the coincidentals at the end were exactly that...coincidentals. The Pred interfered with Draper possibly breaking free, and then Draper hauled him down. That was one of the easiest calls of the game.

I love your team, and you guys should be very excited about your chances. But I just find it funny how many of you complained about the officiating in this one. There are games where the refs do effect the outcome...but this was not one of them.

Good game! And Good luck in the playoffs. Lets hope the Central teams can represent and stop all of that nonsense about easy schedules.

Higgy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Fugu

vCash:
One more comment from a Wings fan. I view Sully as your most important player when playing the Wings, so keep that in perspective. The odd man rushes he creates go a long way to break out of the system Detroit tries to clamp down on the Preds.

Also, you have a lot to look forward to at this point. The Wings are only one team, and you may not see them again after this... I was impressed with the way the Preds handled teams I consider to be pretty tough, like SJ, Vancouver, the Flames... not sure what the record is vs. the Duckies at this point, but your team has shown it can go up against the class of the West, even with key players injured. Don't put too much into the Wings rivalry. At this point, it seems psychological for both the team and fans, getting the monkey off your back kind of thing... However in the grand scheme of the playoffs and your chances for a Cup, it may not even be a factor. GL, I think you have a better team than some of you realize.

Old
03-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think it is quite clear that Trotz has been outcoached in this series. Our PP, PK, and arguably our talent are all on higher levels than the wings, yet we are continually dominated by their style of play. Any type of lead, has really lead to a win for the Wings, with the lone exception coming after the Forsberg trade/completely healthy team.

03-30-2007, 06:19 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I think it is quite clear that Trotz has been outcoached in this series. Our PP, PK, and arguably our talent are all on higher levels than the wings, yet we are continually dominated by their style of play. Any type of lead, has really lead to a win for the Wings, with the lone exception coming after the Forsberg trade/completely healthy team.
Kind of reminds me of the Playoff series against the Sharks last season. San Jose made changes to their game while we tried to do the same things over and over and over again.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 06:35 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4 View Post
This was a great game. Both teams generated good scoring chances all night long, and the Preds simply ran out of time. I was on the edge of my seat for the last 4 minutes of the game. Could have easily gone either way.

I also don't feel the refs were horrible in this game. Was their a bad call? A missed call? Sure...but you can count on 1 hand how many games do not have bad or missed calls throughout an entire NHL season. Each team had ticky tack penalties on them and each team got away with a few. Some of you mentioned that you never get a call at crucial moments against the Wings? Didn't Nashville go on the PP with 2:35 to go in a one goal game? Seems like a pretty crucial moment to me. And the coincidentals at the end were exactly that...coincidentals. The Pred interfered with Draper possibly breaking free, and then Draper hauled him down. That was one of the easiest calls of the game.

I love your team, and you guys should be very excited about your chances. But I just find it funny how many of you complained about the officiating in this one. There are games where the refs do effect the outcome...but this was not one of them.

Good game! And Good luck in the playoffs. Lets hope the Central teams can represent and stop all of that nonsense about easy schedules.
I agree here. There were some missed calls, but it didn't cost us the game. Not knowing how to break the trap was the reason. That and Osgood and your D played one heck of a game.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 09:35 AM
AdsSabresRule

Interesting quote - can you correlate to Preds v. Wings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Interesting quote from the Ads Claude Noel about our frustration with Iowa this season. I agree with him - I think maybe the Wings and Preds may be in the same situation (?) :

"It's not a psychological thing; sometimes teams just have your number," Admirals coach Claude Noel said of Iowa's mastery of his squad this season. "Like we have Chicago's number this year.

"When you don't play very well against them, like we did tonight, you don't help yourself. But certainly we don't go into the game thinking we can't beat them.":

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote