HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

07 draft prospects potential

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2007, 12:50 PM
  #1
Scorvo
Registered User
 
Scorvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Knightdale, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
07 draft prospects potential

Hey guys, I was wondering if we could get a thread going about the top and bottom potential of the top prospects in this draft. Ex: Angelo Esposito top: Alexei Yashin bottom:Alexander Daigle(I don't know how accurate that is, but you get the picture)

Thanks everyone!

Scorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 04:19 PM
  #2
weaponomega
Registered User
 
weaponomega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,015
vCash: 500
huh?

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 05:07 PM
  #3
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,947
vCash: 500
I think he's trying to ask for the topend and the downside of the top 2007 draft prospects. Ex. Voracek... (topend)=Hossa (Downside)=Vasicek Something along those lines. I'm especially curious about Kane. Seeing as I'm a yotes fan and will likely be getting a shot at him.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 05:12 PM
  #4
rt
Powers Gold Label
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: County Cork
Country: Ireland
Posts: 53,084
vCash: 500
Before someone comes in with the obligatory "every prospect's upside is the Hall of Fame legend and every prospects downside is a heroin shooting, toilet scrubber, out on parole", why don't we clear something up; The original poster is looking for realistic higher expectation comparisons and realistic lower expectation comparisons. My input isn't very valuable since I haven't seen a whole ot of any of these guys but I'll give Pat Kane a shot

Higher end: Paul Kariya
Lower end: Pierre-Marc Bouchard

Now I'm not very good at this but here is my reasoning; both Kariya and Bouchard, like Kane, were very highly touted, smallish, offensive dynamos. Kariya came into the league and immediately set the world on fire. Bouchard has taken longer to develop, and at 22, we still don't know what his upside is. Kane could take the Kariya route, or the Bouchard route. I also chose these two because they were high draft picks, like Kane should be, and good players, also like Kane should be. Like I said, I'm not very knowledgable about this year's crop, and I'm no good with comparisons, but I'm pretty sure that this is what the original poster had in mind. This is the type of thing I'd like to see, anyway.


Last edited by rt: 04-04-2007 at 05:23 PM.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 05:21 PM
  #5
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Sort of like...Kane - Kariya of his first six years
Kane - Amonte of the past 4 years

That should get some debate started.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 05:35 PM
  #6
Rubts Cube
Grrman
 
Rubts Cube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Manhattan Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 1,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
I think he's trying to ask for the topend and the downside of the top 2007 draft prospects. Ex. Voracek... (topend)=Hossa (Downside)=Vasicek Something along those lines. I'm especially curious about Kane. Seeing as I'm a yotes fan and will likely be getting a shot at him.
Oh, not so fast my friend. I think the Flyers will block that likely shot. Unless they lose the lottery, which is entirely possible, but not "likely".

Rubts Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 06:10 PM
  #7
bigsick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: yk
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Before someone comes in with the obligatory "every prospect's upside is the Hall of Fame legend and every prospects downside is a heroin shooting, toilet scrubber, out on parole", why don't we clear something up; The original poster is looking for realistic higher expectation comparisons and realistic lower expectation comparisons. My input isn't very valuable since I haven't seen a whole ot of any of these guys but I'll give Pat Kane a shot

Higher end: Paul Kariya
Lower end: Pierre-Marc Bouchard

Now I'm not very good at this but here is my reasoning; both Kariya and Bouchard, like Kane, were very highly touted, smallish, offensive dynamos. Kariya came into the league and immediately set the world on fire. Bouchard has taken longer to develop, and at 22, we still don't know what his upside is. Kane could take the Kariya route, or the Bouchard route. I also chose these two because they were high draft picks, like Kane should be, and good players, also like Kane should be. Like I said, I'm not very knowledgable about this year's crop, and I'm no good with comparisons, but I'm pretty sure that this is what the original poster had in mind. This is the type of thing I'd like to see, anyway.
Kariya and Bouchard are 2 different types of players.

bigsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 07:12 PM
  #8
rt
Powers Gold Label
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: County Cork
Country: Ireland
Posts: 53,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsick View Post
Kariya and Bouchard are 2 different types of players.
I know. I already said I wasn't good at this. I haven't seen enough of Pat Kane to actually do this, anyway. Making accurate comparisons was not the purpose of my post.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 07:24 PM
  #9
Dark Knight
Mitch.
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,291
vCash: 500
Billy Sweatt

High-end : Mike Fisher, with maybe a little more offense
Low : Mathieu Lombardi of the past few years, except this one where he's really been solid.

__________________
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l553/noiseboi/William_Nylander_siggy2.png
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 08:48 PM
  #10
slade
Registered User
 
slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 18 Winspear Ltd.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
kane:

high end- kovalev on the pens
low end- kovalev now

slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 12:56 AM
  #11
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarteRichards View Post
Oh, not so fast my friend. I think the Flyers will block that likely shot. Unless they lose the lottery, which is entirely possible, but not "likely".
That's alright I'd be happy with Voracek or Turris as well.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 01:05 AM
  #12
Rubts Cube
Grrman
 
Rubts Cube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Manhattan Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 1,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
That's alright I'd be happy with Voracek or Turris as well.
I hear ya', I feel the same way about the Flyers situation. Even if they lose the lottery, I'll be happy with one of those three.

Rubts Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 01:09 AM
  #13
hardice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
USA roster for World's U18 in Finland

2007 U.S. National Under-18 Team Roster

GOALTENDERS (2)
No Name Ht (cm) Wt (kg) Birthdate S/C Birthplace 2006-07 Team
29 Thomas McCollum 6-1 (185) 198 (90) 12/07/89 L Sanborn, N.Y. Guelph Storm (OHL)
31 Josh Unice 6-1 (185) 172 (78) 06/24/89 L Toledo, Ohio U.S. National Under-18 Team

DEFENSEMEN (7)
28 Ian Cole 6-1 (185) 211 (96) 02/21/89 L Ann Arbor, Mich. U.S. National Under-18 Team

25 Tommy Cross 6-3 (191) 205 (93) 09/12/89 L Simsbury, Conn. Westminster Academy
27 Cade Fairchild 5-10 (178) 184 (83) 01/15/89 L Duluth, Minn. U.S. National Under-18 Team
4 Ryan McDonagh 6-1 (185) 200 (91) 06/13/89 L Arden Hills, Minn. Cretin-Derham Hall High School
5 Teddy Ruth 6-1 (185) 200 (91) 02/14/89 R Naperville, Ill. U.S. National Under-18 Team
8 Kevin Shattenkirk 5-11 (180) 192 (87) 01/29/89 R New Rochelle, N.Y. U.S. National Under-18 Team

3 A.J. Sturges 6-4 (194) 192 (87) 04/06/89 L Madison, Wis. U.S. National Under-18 Team

FORWARDS (13)
15 John Albert 5-10 (178) 179 (81) 01/19/89 L Concord, Ohio U.S. National Under-18 Team
12 Jimmy Hayes 6-4 (194) 201 (91) 11/21/89 R Dorchester, Mass. U.S. National Under-18 Team
10 Ryan Hayes 5-9 (175) 176 (80) 06/04/89 R Syracuse, N.Y. U.S. National Under-18 Team
19 James O’Brien 6-2 (188) 184 (83) 01/29/89 R Maplewood, Minn. University of Minnesota (WCHA)
9 Matt Rust 5-10 (178) 188 (85) 03/23/89 L Bloomfield Hills, Mich. U.S. National Under-18 Team
74 Vinny Saponari 5-11 (180) 174 (79) 02/15/90 R Powder Springs, Ga. U.S. National Under-17 Team
79 Jordan Schroeder 5-8 (172) 168 (76) 09/29/90 R Lakeville, Minn. U.S. National Under-17 Team
20 C.J. Severyn 6-1 (185) 184 (83) 06/02/89 L Beaver, Pa. U.S. National Under-18 Team
21 James vanRiemsdyk 6-3 (191) 198 (90) 05/04/89 L Middletown, N.J. U.S. National Under-18 Team
26 Justin Vaive 6-6 (198) 205 (93) 07/08/89 L Buffalo, N.Y. U.S. National Under-18 Team
17 Brennan Vargas 6-1 (185) 208 (94) 06/15/89 R Coon Rapids, Minn. U.S. National Under-18 Team
6 Patrick White 6-1 (185) 186 (84) 01/20/89 R Grand Rapids, Minn. Grand Rapids, High School
22 Colin Wilson 6-1 (185) 208 (94) 10/20/89 L Greenwich, Conn. U.S. National Under-18 Team

hardice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 02:50 AM
  #14
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarteRichards View Post
I hear ya', I feel the same way about the Flyers situation. Even if they lose the lottery, I'll be happy with one of those three.
I'd be happy with one of the two guys you have in your name title..

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 04:33 AM
  #15
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
For Voracek, I've read that some scouts see him topping out at Peter Forsberg levels, and his lower end being (Insert favorite solid #3 here).

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 06:33 AM
  #16
LePalle
Registered User
 
LePalle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
For Voracek, I've read that some scouts see him topping out at Peter Forsberg levels, and his lower end being (Insert favorite solid #3 here).
They arent saying hes going to reach Forsberg level, theyre just saying he has Forsberg like qualities.

Noone in this draft has the potential to reach Forsberg's level.

LePalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.