HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ot: Gta 4

Old
03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
RightKinger

vCash: 500
Ot: Gta 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPxj7iU7QI

Wow. The lighting is amazing and the city looks great. GTA: Liberty City was my favorite GTA so I'm not dissapointed that it is in New York again. I don't think my wallet will survive the holiday season because of all the good games (Halo 3, GTA 4, Assasins Creed, etc.) coming out this fall. Anyone else interested in this game? Are any of you 360 owners going to upgrade to the "Elite"?

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2007, 08:22 PM
dabeechman

GTA4 looks great. I was never much into them, I was always into the FPS games like Gears and Halo. When Halo 3 comes out im sure that is the only game I'll need to buy for at least 2 years...lol

The beta should be out in the next couple weeks, so that is something to look forward to.

As far as the "elite," I don't think i'll be buying the unit. But I will buy the 120gig HD. The HDMI output is also nice for 1080p, so who knows...

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I'll probably get the 120 GB HD, but I don't need the HDMI output since I don't plan on upgrading my projector any time soon (no HDMI input). 1080i @ 106" is just fine.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Osprey

More realistic-looking "coffee"... just what the kids need.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2007, 09:10 PM
ExplosionsintheGine

Looks pretty sick

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2007, 09:18 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
More realistic-looking "coffee"... just what the kids need.
Blame the parents, not the children. The game is rated Mature for a reason. Are you talking about the hot coffee thing? I doubt that happens again after all the media attention and all the money Rock* lost.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 02:46 PM
took420s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPxj7iU7QI

Wow. The lighting is amazing and the city looks great. GTA: Liberty City was my favorite GTA so I'm not dissapointed that it is in New York again. I don't think my wallet will survive the holiday season because of all the good games (Halo 3, GTA 4, Assasins Creed, etc.) coming out this fall. Anyone else interested in this game? Are any of you 360 owners going to upgrade to the "Elite"?

I love my 360 but unless it conks out (been running strong for over a year) I'm happy with what I have.

The 120GB drive might be nice...but not for $189 or whatever it is.

GTA FTW

took420s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 03:03 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

You guys have to remember that these were rendered shots and not in game. I will say, it looks like some of the environment is in game and just rendered out at a higher resolution with different lighting, but the game won't look this good. The player character looked pretty good though, and that does look like an in model character.

Not going to upgrade the 360. Mine just conked out on me last night. I have the extra fans on it, the actual system didn't overheat it was the actual huge powerbox. Make sure you guys have yours in an area it can get some breathing room. They recommend to not even have it on the carpet. Luckily, it turned on this morning. Sad that I have a few generations later, and the thing still overheats.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I'm yet to get a 360. It will surely be purchased when this game comes out, and the chilluns will not be watching.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 03:15 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

I'm still using a PS2, will never buy an xbox 360, maybe ill look into ps3 when the price drops in a few years.

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 04:19 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisnovskyFan View Post
You guys have to remember that these were rendered shots and not in game. I will say, it looks like some of the environment is in game and just rendered out at a higher resolution with different lighting, but the game won't look this good. The player character looked pretty good though, and that does look like an in model character.

Not going to upgrade the 360. Mine just conked out on me last night. I have the extra fans on it, the actual system didn't overheat it was the actual huge powerbox. Make sure you guys have yours in an area it can get some breathing room. They recommend to not even have it on the carpet. Luckily, it turned on this morning. Sad that I have a few generations later, and the thing still overheats.
The fan addition causes the powerbox to melt actually. The system wasn't designed to handle the extra power needed to run the fans, so the extra power strain it puts on the PS causes it to overheat.

Old
03-30-2007, 05:35 PM
took420s

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
I'm still using a PS2, will never buy an xbox 360, maybe ill look into ps3 when the price drops in a few years.
<In my best Pee Wee Herman voice> I love that story!

Old
03-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s View Post
<In my best Pee Wee Herman voice> I love that story!
"You'll be sorry, PEE-WEE HERMAN!!!"

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
The fan addition causes the powerbox to melt actually. The system wasn't designed to handle the extra power needed to run the fans, so the extra power strain it puts on the PS causes it to overheat.
I've heard the same thing.

Chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 12:12 AM
Phousse

Quote:
That couldn't be further from the truth. With a little digging around on GTA-related websites, you'll be able to find that the trailer was most definitely of in-game models and the like using the new RAGE engine.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:44 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo-Nation View Post
That couldn't be further from the truth. With a little digging around on GTA-related websites, you'll be able to find that the trailer was most definitely of in-game models and the like using the new RAGE engine.
Wow, that's pretty impressive. I figured it was prerendered. Rockstar (the company who makes GTA) isn't known for amazing art assets. Looks like they have started to catch up in that aspect.

Thanks about the fan info everyone. I actually talked to a few people at work about it and they said the same thing. They're currently on their 3rd and 4th 360s. Pretty insane.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 12:38 PM
ExplosionsintheGine

Quote:
Wow, that's pretty impressive. I figured it was prerendered. Rockstar (the company who makes GTA) isn't known for amazing art assets. Looks like they have started to catch up in that aspect.

Thanks about the fan info everyone. I actually talked to a few people at work about it and they said the same thing. They're currently on their 3rd and 4th 360s. Pretty insane.
Hahahaha, dude my 360 just broke yesterday, 3 blinking red lights. I have a warranty though, always get a warranty on a game sytem. Im going to exchange it today and this would be my 3rd 360 since I originally bought it. Breaks about every year it seems, but I get a new one again for free.

Old
03-31-2007, 12:52 PM
took420s

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieJr.17 View Post
Hahahaha, dude my 360 just broke yesterday, 3 blinking red lights. I have a warranty though, always get a warranty on a game sytem. Im going to exchange it today and this would be my 3rd 360 since I originally bought it. Breaks about every year it seems, but I get a new one again for free.
The dreaded red rings of death

I hear the horror stories and am just waiting for mine to give up the ghost. I think my machine knows it has no warranty so its battling through the pain?

Old
03-31-2007, 01:43 PM
ExplosionsintheGine

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s View Post
The dreaded red rings of death

I hear the horror stories and am just waiting for mine to give up the ghost. I think my machine knows it has no warranty so its battling through the pain?
Lol dude, the funny thing is that the rings of death appeared on my friends 360 a day before mine and I laughed in his face.....

Old
03-31-2007, 01:46 PM
ExplosionsintheGine

If you ever see this......

RUN far away................

Old
03-31-2007, 02:10 PM
dabeechman

I got the 3 red lights also. MS fixed it for me, even though I didn't have a warranty though.

I'm on my 2nd box

Old
03-31-2007, 02:52 PM
ExplosionsintheGine

I just learned that placing the Xbox 360 in an upright position really helps the cooling process.

4 main causes for red lights

bad power brick (giving too much power to your system)

bad placement of system (with no ventilation causing the air inside to not flow well)

bad motherboard component manufacturing/application (cold solder joints, loose bga, etc)

bad quality thermal paste used on the heatsinks

The red lights are MS's way of saying, "internal hardware error"

Old
03-31-2007, 03:36 PM
dabeechman

red lights just mean you cooked the xbox.

Old
04-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Phousse

I got the 3 rings of death the other day, but all I did was switch the main power for the 360 off and when I switched it back on it was fine. I almost crapped my pants for a minute, though.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote