Interesting. I had handicapped at 40/60 today based on the positive factors:
1. Tie goes to Preds, which means the Preds need one less loss over the remaining games.
2. Wings get Dallas on the back end of Wings back-to-back nights with emotional first game.
3. Preds get Dallas on the back end of Dallas back-to-back nights with emotional first game.
4. Home and home series I think (no statistical evidence) are a bit harder to sweep than the win-loss record might lead you to believe.
5. CBJ is playing reasonably well.
6. One more game in that short stretch for the Wings.
7. Wings game in hand is an away game.
There are plenty of contrary reasons (more in fact) to think the Wings will prevail so I'm not trying to paint a rosey scenario but it is far from impossible. If the Wings beat the Stars tonight, though, I think the percentage has to drop substantially.
LOL, thanks. Not to be an ingrate but why didnt you do it in regulation? Just joking that was a very exciting finish, it was wonderful to see the Wings melt down LOL
I just wish the Wings didn't own us, they have won like 4 games in their last 10, 3 of which was against us
Tonight's game should be fun.
You think they own the Preds? Let's just say there's a reason Smith got the start last night; Turco's like 1-15 all time vs. Detroit or something like that. Just brutal. Last night's win avoided the season sweep, and kept Dallas in its own division race.
And yeah, tonight's game should be pretty cool, hopefully it doesn't get (too) out of hand!
Turco has never beaten Detroit in regulation. His only career win was in a shootout.
And Detroit didn't "meltdown" anymore than they did earlier this season against San Jose. They played on the road the right before and lost a top 4 Dman 30 seconds into the game. What I saw was a team that stopped skating. That usually equates to fatigue. Really, I'm suprised we were even up 3-0 considering the Stars had two clear breakaways and two posts (and another after it was 3-3). Nothing about last night really worried me. Can't say the same about the other Wings alarmists though lol