HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other games around the league (2006-07) -- Part 2

Old
03-31-2007, 11:32 PM
Jori

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
3:54 remaining

Old
03-31-2007, 11:34 PM
SB

Canucks are teasing us.

SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:35 PM
NHL33*

Two minutes left.

Edit: Empty net.

SIXTY SECONDS.

Edit Edit: THIRTY.

Edit Edit Edit: TEN.

Kipper makes the save. 6.7 left.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Jori

Flames hold on

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:39 PM
NHL33*

Calgary wins, 3-2.

Old
03-31-2007, 11:41 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
So...for the Avs to get in, they have to win their remaining 4 games, while the Flames can't get more than 1 point in their remaining 4...right?

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Mules
Waiting for hockey

So, are we going to get eliminated on Tuesday?

Either way, we have a blast for the last month. I never know this team can play so well, for so long.

Hopedfully it will bode well for the next season.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
So...for the Avs to get in, they have to win their remaining 4 games, while the Flames can't get more than 1 point in their remaining 4...right?
Correct

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mules
Waiting for hockey

Quote:
Calgary just need one more win.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:42 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
That comeback by the Nucks kinda resembles our season. Too little, too late. Give credit to the Flames though. They played amizing defesne after that 2nd Vancouver goal was scored. They couldn't even break into the zone with the puck, and I think only had one shot that whole last 3 minutes. Avs need to take a look at how much they pressured the puck carrier to keep them from setting anything up, when they think about holding their leads.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Roman Tanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Tanner View Post
Just feels like the Flames will win again....I have zero faith in Vancouver.....feel free to quote me in 3 hours....
I hate being right.

Roman Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 12:39 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
In other words... it's been a great season folks.

My hats off to the team for giving 200% this past month, but Calgary isn't letting up I hate to say.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 01:11 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LS9 View Post
In other words... it's been a great season folks.

My hats off to the team for giving 200% this past month, but Calgary isn't letting up I hate to say.
While that is most likely correct, I won't give up until it is mathematically impossible for the Avs to make the PO's...

Old
04-01-2007, 01:14 AM
NHL33*

Same here.

I'm proud of what the Avs did at the end. We need to make sure we're not put in this same situation next season, of course, but they really salvaged what was left of the year and showed great hope for us Avs fans for next season.

Last edited by NHL33*: 04-01-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old
04-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Regardless of whether or not the Avs can get to the playoffs now, I still wish to see them play with the same intensity they've shown for over the last month. They made a mediocre/bad season something memorable, and for that I'm grateful.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 01:55 AM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Sucks to see the Flames win tonight guys. Watched the game on CBC and was pulling for the Cancuks so things would be interesting going into the final week of the season. Now it's really over and one win in the final 4 games for the Flames will be no problem.
Av's made a great run and put everything they had into it, you should all be proud and look forward to next season

Just wondering to all the Av's fans .....gonna be following *(not cheering , but following)* any other team in the playoffs?

The_Heat_Is_On_15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 02:05 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Frakking Canucks.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 02:16 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

I'm just wondering what actually kick-started this streak for the Avs, other than the possibility of playing in the Playoffs, but rather, did something that Coach Q had been saying FINALLY go through...

What got into them? Remember when they were 10+ points out of a PO spot...and many of us were already looking forward to next season? I'll admit, I was one of them, how could I not be? They were playing like utter *****.

Old
04-01-2007, 02:18 AM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Heat_Is_On_15 View Post
Sucks to see the Flames win tonight guys. Watched the game on CBC and was pulling for the Cancuks so things would be interesting going into the final week of the season. Now it's really over and one win in the final 4 games for the Flames will be no problem.
Av's made a great run and put everything they had into it, you should all be proud and look forward to next season

Just wondering to all the Av's fans .....gonna be following *(not cheering , but following)* any other team in the playoffs?
Thanks a lot for those kind words.

There's a topic on the board titled "Who to cheer for?"
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=362788

I'm basically just rooting for Drury/Forsberg and after that rooting against Detroit/Vancouver. I'd like Ottawa to do well, though, on a related note. Their fans have had some tough times...so any success post-season by them would be great.

Quote:
I'm just wondering what actually kick-started this streak for the Avs, other than the possibility of playing in the Playoffs, but rather, did something that Coach Q had been saying FINALLY go through...

What got into them? Remember when they were 10+ points out of a PO spot...and many of us were already looking forward to next season? I'll admit, I was one of them, how could I not be? They were playing like utter *****.
Maybe breathing easier at the lack of major changes. Maybe finally buying into the system. Maybe realizing the pressure of not making it into the playoffs. Maybe line-up stability (especially goaltending). Maybe a combination of the previous.

Old
04-01-2007, 02:38 AM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Thanks a lot for those kind words.

There's a topic on the board titled "Who to cheer for?"
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=362788

I'm basically just rooting for Drury/Forsberg and after that rooting against Detroit/Vancouver. I'd like Ottawa to do well, though, on a related note. Their fans have had some tough times...so any success post-season by them would be great.

Maybe breathing easier at the lack of major changes. Maybe finally buying into the system. Maybe realizing the pressure of not making it into the playoffs. Maybe line-up stability (especially goaltending). Maybe a combination of the previous.

Yah I would have said cheering for Forsberg and Nashville was an obvious choice. Taungay too but that would be kinda hard since Calgary beat you guys out for the last spot. Cheering for Drury and Ottawa would be kinda hard as they would eventually meet.

Thanks for some support for Ottawa. You are right , us fans have been through alot and paid our dues and alot of fans are reall getting impatient. It's our 10th straight year in the playoffs and we NEED some sucess.

Also you guys going to watch the final games...or is it just not the same lol

The_Heat_Is_On_15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 02:44 AM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
Either way, anybody think that Boods should be number one next year? He holds on when it matters.. unlike some other young goaltender in the league that folds under pressure ( Tim Thomas come to mind).
Tim Thomas is over 30 years old. Thats not young.

12# Peter Bondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 02:52 AM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Heat_Is_On_15 View Post
Yah I would have said cheering for Forsberg and Nashville was an obvious choice. Tanguay too but that would be kinda hard since Calgary beat you guys out for the last spot. Cheering for Drury and Ottawa would be kinda hard as they would eventually meet.

Thanks for some support for Ottawa. You are right , us fans have been through alot and paid our dues and alot of fans are reall getting impatient. It's our 10th straight year in the playoffs and we NEED some sucess.

Also you guys going to watch the final games...or is it just not the same lol
No love lost between us and Tanguay. He's under the assumption we didn't want him here...which is false; we simply didn't have the cap room. Yelle is on the Flames, so good luck to him. I don't dislike Calgary, and I don't know if others here do either, but it's more of a divisional thing than anything else. There's no one really that I dislike save Vancouver in the division. (Nobody else has a big rivalry with the Avs.) Minnesota after those two home losses to Calgary recently maybe and for being Avs killers in general, but even then it's nothing personal.

Buffalo has been brutal in that regard too. Super Bowls... Close to the Stanley Cup... A lot of their fans seem superstitious (more so than the average fan), but understandable given their circumstances... But Ottawa has had just an awful stretch so hopefully they succeed.

I would hope any hockey fan would watch the playoffs. Even when your team is not in the playoffs, it's just too good of a sport not to watch. Hell, I watch every playoffs in every sport save basketball regardless of whether my team gets in. I'll definitely watch for one.

I only speak on behalf of myself, however, of course.

Old
04-01-2007, 03:09 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Just wanted to say, it was a great run you guys put on, and it forced the Flames to up their game. I was really worried there for a bit. But next year should be even tighter than this year! You guys should be proud of your team, everyone else in the league has taken notice
Knock on wood because it is not official yet

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 07:45 AM
chiavsfan

Add Vancouver to the list of teams I hope chokes on it in the first round. Just like Monnesota and Detroit...when we need em most, they decided not to play, figures

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 08:33 AM
boz
Altitude Fan

eh i dont hold a grudge against any of the teams..jus shows that you have to do own favours..cant rely on others to do it. im jus happy after so long we finally broke out of the win- lose sequence that was driving me crazy until this last month.. its bittersweet but hopefully they carry it on to next season.

boz is offline   Reply With Quote