HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Other games around the league (2006-07) -- Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2007, 02:53 AM
  #101
Horsehouse
Registered User
 
Horsehouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Colorado Springs
Country: United States
Posts: 2,252
vCash: 500
I saw the highlights of the CGY/SJ game on tsn.ca

man Phaneuf has been acting like a little diving ***** lately. he ran Clowe or Bernier (can't remember who exactly) into the boards and then he gets back up gives a whack to the back of Phaneuf's leg. of course, what else happens?

Phanny folds faster than Superman on laundry day and get his Flames on the PP. He's going to be owing a good amount of money to the league for all these dives if the NHL actually does what they say and fine these guys for diving

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 02:59 AM
  #102
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn
 
USF Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DC Area
Country: United States
Posts: 20,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse house View Post
I saw the highlights of the CGY/SJ game on tsn.ca

man Phaneuf has been acting like a little diving ***** lately. he ran Clowe or Bernier (can't remember who exactly) into the boards and then he gets back up gives a whack to the back of Phaneuf's leg. of course, what else happens?

Phanny folds faster than Superman on laundry day and get his Flames on the PP. He's going to be owing a good amount of money to the league for all these dives if the NHL actually does what they say and fine these guys for diving
It was Pavelski.....

and then later in the game Clowe wanted to drop the gloves with him and they turned to face each other as if ready to go so Clowe drops his gloves and what does Dion do? Turns and skates away........

Go get em Colorado so we can have people shut up about Dion being the greatest thing on earth.

__________________
"I hate books; they only teach us to talk about things we know nothing about."
-Jean Jacques Rousseau
USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
  #103
Krieger99
Registered User
 
Krieger99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Ron Wilson View Post
It was Pavelski.....

and then later in the game Clowe wanted to drop the gloves with him and they turned to face each other as if ready to go so Clowe drops his gloves and what does Dion do? Turns and skates away........

Go get em Colorado so we can have people shut up about Dion being the greatest thing on earth.
He dropped the gloves because both Regehr and Warrener were injured, and he didn't want to put the Flames down to three defensemen for five minutes.

Krieger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 04:05 PM
  #104
BladesOfTeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Davis, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieger99 View Post
He dropped the gloves because both Regehr and Warrener were injured, and he didn't want to put the Flames down to three defensemen for five minutes.
Haha, that didn't stop him from trying to run Clowe away from the puck later that same play, resulting in an interference penalty.

Turns away from a fight then hits the guy that wants to fight away from the puck? Yeah, he's thinking team all the way...

BladesOfTeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 06:07 PM
  #105
Krieger99
Registered User
 
Krieger99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady_Milkman72 View Post
Haha, that didn't stop him from trying to run Clowe away from the puck later that same play, resulting in an interference penalty.

Turns away from a fight then hits the guy that wants to fight away from the puck? Yeah, he's thinking team all the way...
Clowe punched him in the face, FFS.

Krieger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:28 PM
  #106
Weltall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 1,226
vCash: 500
hey the sharks did their part in helping the avs, now your team has to return the favor by beating the preds in regulation!

let's goooooo avs

Weltall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 12:16 PM
  #107
medwards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Portland, ME
Country: United States
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
Flames vs. Oilers

* The Flames are 5-2-0 this season against Edmonton (31-43-7)
* The Flames have an NHL-best 30 home victories
* Calgary has won the last four meetings with Edmonton, including 3 at Pengrowth.

* Edmonton lost 3-0 to Minnesota for the second straight game Thursday.
* The Oilers have been outscored 21-6 and shut out three times during a six game skid.
*Edmonton hasn't scored since Raffi Torres scored in the first period of a 2-1 L to Chicago on Sunday.
*Edmonton is 1-17-1 since trading away Smyth, and has only 21 goals in the last 19 games.
*The Oilers haven't won in regulation since a 4-0 victory at Columbus on 2/22.

So, the odds are against us apparently. Reading these points on nhl.com gave me a sinking feeling in my gut. However, fortune favors the bold. I hope Edmonton can find a way tonight, and that the Avs continue to demonstrate their resiliency.

It's go time!

medwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 01:03 PM
  #108
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,826
vCash: 665
lol, these odds are just ridiculous. Whatever, upset in the making!!!

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 01:14 PM
  #109
Beetmaster General
 
Beetmaster General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Beetmaster General
all we have to do is show up and we should win...

i'm still kind of scared tho

Beetmaster General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 01:17 PM
  #110
Osstrayan
Registered User
 
Osstrayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Florida
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Osstrayan Send a message via MSN to Osstrayan
why do we have a GDT thread for this, and not one for our own game?

Osstrayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 01:24 PM
  #111
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy
 
expatriated_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 7,223
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xalcyx View Post
why do we have a GDT thread for this, and not one for our own game?
Because no one wants to be responsible for making the GDT that might also eliminate us from playoff contention?

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 01:43 PM
  #112
Horsehouse
Registered User
 
Horsehouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Colorado Springs
Country: United States
Posts: 2,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
I'll move this into the "other games" thread. That's where it should go. Though you guys are welcome to discuss this game in the Avs game day thread or the "other games" thread. I'll be at Pepsi Center tonight.
ok yeah thanks 4 bragging

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 01:45 PM
  #113
Jori
Registered User
 
Jori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 20,174
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse house View Post
ok yeah thanks 4 bragging

__________________
Colorado Avalanche Prospects-- News and updates on the future of the Colorado Avalanche!
Colorado's Future -- Team * Manning * Landeskog * Tulowitzki
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 05:12 PM
  #114
NHL33*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 500
Poor Leaf fans. Their playoff status to be determined by the shootout.

One hell of a goal at the end though.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 05:21 PM
  #115
NHL33*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 500
And the New York Islanders clinch in the SO. Congratulations to them. Though I expect they'll be swept more or less, with DiPietro out and all, a step in the right direction for the organization.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 05:26 PM
  #116
Jori
Registered User
 
Jori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 20,174
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Big congrats to Wade Dubielewicz....former DU Pioneer

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.