HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2-0 Did I scare ya?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2007, 08:31 AM
  #1
Laudrup1
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
2-0 Did I scare ya?

Hi Guys,

I saw this picture on someones avatar today



What's the story behind it?

Is it to do with a specific game or just The Rangers being 2-0 up and permanently on the verge of blowing it with heart attacks all round when it goes 2-1?

Thing is that I support Rangers football team here in Scotland and my mates and I all have the same joke about our team as we regularly let in goals when we're 2-0 up in a game. We call it the "3-0 comfort zone"

Suppose it was the name and the colours that drew me to The Rangers hockey team as they all match my football team.

On a side note, do any of you guys remember a player called Tony Hand from Scotland? He was the best player our countries produced and had trials for the NHL a couple of times but never quite made it.

edit to say apparently he played for the Oilers for a spell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hand


Last edited by Laudrup1: 03-30-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Laudrup1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 08:44 AM
  #2
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,519
vCash: 500
Basically the Rangers have blown 10 games (lost in regulation/OT) this season when they were winning 2-0 the most recent being Tuesday against Montreal.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 08:46 AM
  #3
SPG
Registered User
 
SPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup1 View Post
Hi Guys,

I saw this picture on someones avatar today



What's the story behind it?

Is it to do with a specific game or just The Rangers being 2-0 up and permanently on the verge of blowing it with heart attacks all round when it goes 2-1?

Thing is that I support Rangers football team here in Scotland and my mates and I all have the same joke about our team as we regularly let in goals when we're 2-0 up in a game. We call it the "3-0 comfort zone"

Suppose it was the name and the colours that drew me to The Rangers hockey team as they all match my football team.

On a side note, do any of you guys remember a player called Tony Hand from Scotland? He was the best player our countries produced and had trials for the NHL a couple of times but never quite made it.

edit to say apparently he played for the Oilers for a spell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hand
Don't ask

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:52 AM
  #4
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,890
vCash: 500
Balej - you did it this time.




HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:33 AM
  #5
Kodiak
Registered User
 
Kodiak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ranger fan in Philly
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
This isn't easy, but I have some time to kill before class...

2/5/07 - DET @ NYR
Rangers jump out to a 2-0 lead just 2:31 into the 1st period, but lose 4-3 in regulation.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020800.HTM

2/22/07 - NJ @ NYR
Rangers take a 2-0 lead at 9:20 of the 2nd, but lose in a shootout.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020909.HTM

2/24/07 - CLB @ NYR
Rangers take a 2-0 lead 5:11 into the 1st, but lose 3-2 in regulation. They give up 2 shorthanded goals.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020926.HTM

3/1/07 - PIT @ NYR
Rangers take a 2-0 lead late in the second period. They give up 3 goals (2 shorthanded) in the 3rd and lose in OT.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020959.HTM

3/10/07 - NYR @ PIT
Rangers take a 2-0 lead early in the 2nd, and lose in OT.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS021021.HTM

3/13/07 - OTT @ NYR
Rangers have a 2-0 lead after 1, but lose 3-2 in regulation.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS021040.HTM

3/27/07 - NYR @ MTL
Rangers have a 2-0 lead after 1, but give up 5 goals in the 2nd to lose 6-4.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS021137.HTM

Now you know our pain.

Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:42 AM
  #6
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,519
vCash: 500
I think you're missing 3 from earlier in the season, not sure though

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:46 AM
  #7
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
yeah I believe there's more than that too but still...even that list is nauseating. What an absolute joke. This team is so frustrating. Ah, but I love them.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:57 AM
  #8
Kodiak
Registered User
 
Kodiak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ranger fan in Philly
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
I only went back to the All Star break, and I left out our blow out wins even though we held a 2-0 lead at one point in those games. I'm sure there's more, but we didn't blow them quite so often back then.

Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:05 AM
  #9
dave4
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
This isn't easy, but I have some time to kill before class...

2/5/07 - DET @ NYR
Rangers jump out to a 2-0 lead just 2:31 into the 1st period, but lose 4-3 in regulation.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020800.HTM

2/22/07 - NJ @ NYR
Rangers take a 2-0 lead at 9:20 of the 2nd, but lose in a shootout.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020909.HTM

2/24/07 - CLB @ NYR
Rangers take a 2-0 lead 5:11 into the 1st, but lose 3-2 in regulation. They give up 2 shorthanded goals.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020926.HTM

3/1/07 - PIT @ NYR
Rangers take a 2-0 lead late in the second period. They give up 3 goals (2 shorthanded) in the 3rd and lose in OT.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020959.HTM

3/10/07 - NYR @ PIT
Rangers take a 2-0 lead early in the 2nd, and lose in OT.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS021021.HTM

3/13/07 - OTT @ NYR
Rangers have a 2-0 lead after 1, but lose 3-2 in regulation.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS021040.HTM

3/27/07 - NYR @ MTL
Rangers have a 2-0 lead after 1, but give up 5 goals in the 2nd to lose 6-4.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS021137.HTM

Now you know our pain.
Man. I think there are a couple more, but we've gotten 3 of a possible 14 points in games we were leading 2-0 since February 5. What do you think the league average is, probably 10-11 points for every seven games where a team is leading 2-0?

Another 7 points in the standings would look pretty good right now.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:34 AM
  #10
2Leetch_94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Tampa had Dan Boyle get the weakest hat trick you ever want to see to come back 2-0, and I believe the Panthers came back once. I think we lost both in regulation.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:39 AM
  #11
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94 View Post
Tampa had Dan Boyle get the weakest hat trick you ever want to see to come back 2-0, and I believe the Panthers came back once. I think we lost both in regulation.
The Panters/Lightning were back to back games. 2-0 going to the third and lost to Florida 3-2 in regulation I believe. And then Tampa we were up 3-0 going to the third and gave up 4 goals in the first 10 minutes of the period and lost 4-3......what an awful back to back that was...should've been 4 points...instead it was 0.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:59 AM
  #12
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
The Panters/Lightning were back to back games. 2-0 going to the third and lost to Florida 3-2 in regulation I believe. And then Tampa we were up 3-0 going to the third and gave up 4 goals in the first 10 minutes of the period and lost 4-3......what an awful back to back that was...should've been 4 points...instead it was 0.
Yup, I flew down to Florida to see both of those games. Talk about finding a way to do worse than blowing a 2 goal lead over the Panthers in the third...that Saturday night was one of the most painful I can remember. They have one rediculously loud horn in Tampa, and boy did it sound often that final period.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 01:13 PM
  #13
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,561
vCash: 500
Hey Laudrup, do you got any inside info on Lars Eller?

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 01:23 PM
  #14
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,658
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Hey Laudrup, do you got any inside info on Lars Eller?
It seems the poster is from Scotland. Lars Eller obviously doesn't play there.

Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 02:47 PM
  #15
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=298396

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 02:49 PM
  #16
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Hi guys

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 02:52 PM
  #17
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,028
vCash: 500
Run! The evil one has arrived!

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 05:53 PM
  #18
DaBadGuy7
Registered User
 
DaBadGuy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Newark,NJ
Posts: 721
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DaBadGuy7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
This isn't easy, but I have some time to kill before class...

2/5/07 - DET @ NYR
Rangers jump out to a 2-0 lead just 2:31 into the 1st period, but lose 4-3 in regulation.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020800.HTM

2/22/07 - NJ @ NYR
Rangers take a 2-0 lead at 9:20 of the 2nd, but lose in a shootout.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020909.HTM

2/24/07 - CLB @ NYR
Rangers take a 2-0 lead 5:11 into the 1st, but lose 3-2 in regulation. They give up 2 shorthanded goals.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020926.HTM

3/1/07 - PIT @ NYR
Rangers take a 2-0 lead late in the second period. They give up 3 goals (2 shorthanded) in the 3rd and lose in OT.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020959.HTM

3/10/07 - NYR @ PIT
Rangers take a 2-0 lead early in the 2nd, and lose in OT.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS021021.HTM

3/13/07 - OTT @ NYR
Rangers have a 2-0 lead after 1, but lose 3-2 in regulation.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS021040.HTM

3/27/07 - NYR @ MTL
Rangers have a 2-0 lead after 1, but give up 5 goals in the 2nd to lose 6-4.
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS021137.HTM

Now you know our pain.
Man if the Rangers win more than half these games they would fighting for the Atlantic divison

DaBadGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 06:30 PM
  #19
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBadGuy7 View Post
Man if the Rangers win more than half these games they would fighting for the Atlantic divison
If the Queen had balls...

I'm sure just about every team can look back over an 80 game season and point to at least a half dozen games they let slip away. We're no different.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 04:02 AM
  #20
Laudrup1
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Hi guys
That's the very one Balej.

Thanks for all the info guys. It must be a "Rangers" thing right enough

Thanks to Kodiak for all the stats

Ola, sorry I don't know anythin about Eller.

Good luck tonight for the Flyers game. My mate picked the Flyers as his team so there will be a bit or freindly banter going on here.

Cheers.

Laudrup1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 11:20 PM
  #21
TheRedressor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,705
vCash: 500
hahahaha check this out

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=298396

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 11:37 PM
  #22
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
lol yea, i saw that earlier tonight. I was expecting to see my name somewhere in the article.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.