Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Hungary Defeats Sweden

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2007, 08:20 AM
zamo86

vCash: 500
Does it matter? They all learned hockey in Slovakia. I am i right? If Sakic would live in Croatia i doubt he would have been a hockey player he is. Its a question if he would even be a hockey player.

Old
04-25-2007, 02:31 AM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J. Leafs View Post
Nagy had an interview in the Hungarian sport tv when he was on the Slovak team, IN HUNGARIAN! Satan told the Hungarian reporter, that they (they:the team) call Nagy "Hungarian".

Országh, Pálffy, Mészáros are Hungarian names, I'm pretty sure they have Hungarian origin, maybe they don't speak Hungarian anymore, maybe they parents or grandparents don't either, but a cuple of hundred years ago their families were Hungarian speaking Hungarians.
e.g. paul stastny speak slovak he was born in canada and plays for usa...
we don't make drama about that... what exactly is your point...

Old
04-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Kiraly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J. Leafs View Post
Nagy had an interview in the Hungarian sport tv when he was on the Slovak team, IN HUNGARIAN! Satan told the Hungarian reporter, that they (they:the team) call Nagy "Hungarian".

Országh, Pálffy, Mészáros are Hungarian names, I'm pretty sure they have Hungarian origin, maybe they don't speak Hungarian anymore, maybe they parents or grandparents don't either, but a couple of hundred years ago their families were Hungarian speaking Hungarians.
I don’t know if any of them speak Hungarian, but I’d hazard a guess and say their grandparents did.

A Slovak friend of mine has a wife (from Bratislava) whose grandparents were Hungarian, but she can’t speak a word of the language. Hungarian wasn’t exactly encouraged in these parts – especially in the capital. My wife’s family all speak Hungarian, but then the town they live in is only a few kilometres from the border.

Old
05-11-2007, 11:56 PM
jeanmsm

know this arguement is old but Hungarian names doesn't mean they're born or from Hungary. Like the one poster stated, maybe the grandparents, etc. were Hungarian. And there are people who don't have Hungarian sounding names that come from Hungary.

Do the names Selman, Baumgartner, Feigl, Maroci or Kubina sound hungarian? They're names in my family who lived in Hungary for at least 200 years before settling in America.

For the record at least 3 of the above mentioned names are German.

Closed Thread