HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sullivan done for the year ?

Old
03-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

vCash: 500
Sullivan done for the year ?

http://boards.nashvillepredators.com...howtopic=5731#

Yeah yeah I know ... its the nashville predators main board ... but bigreid07 is one of the most respectable posters when it comes to inside information on "THAT" board

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 12:38 PM
DocMcKay

Honestly, Sully being gone for the year wouldn't surprise me. He been out what 16 straight games!

Something must really really be wrong for him to be out this long. Plus there has been little to no update on his situation which is rediculous.

The article in the Tennessean today didn't make me feel much better either.

I know, I know....consider the sources....

At the same time, the predators say he's healing just not very quickly. They give him the same prognosis, song, and dance to us before every game.

Sully's back is seriously **** up folks.... Until the Sully or the Preds tell me otherwise. I expect he could be done for the year.

DocMcKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 12:54 PM
xEx

I think the time is coming for the coaching staff/team to just wipe out any talk of players with the long term injuries (Sully & Erat). We don't need excuses or players with the mind set of "don't worry, help is coming". Although I'm sure the team is handling this and the expectation is who ever is healthy will be in the line up and will be expected to win games.

Getting Sully & Erat back should be considered a bonus. The role of "Playoff Hero" for Nashville is wide open and hopefully there will be a new star everynight.

Hopefully our avatar folks will be busy creating "Playoff Beard" edetion avatars in late May.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

That would be a big blow for Nashville. I'm hoping you guys go all the way!

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Jarnberg

Sullivan becomes an UFA in the 09/10 season. This could easily be a contract that bites us in the butt.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 04:14 PM
xEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Sullivan becomes an UFA in the 09/10 season. This could easily be a contract that bites us in the butt.
How so?

If he goes on Long Term Injury (LTI) wouldn't insurance cover the actual salary and the Predators would be allowed to spend over the cap by Sully's cap $$ value. Even though it's doubtful Nashville would spend upto the Cap.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEx View Post
How so?

If he goes on Long Term Injury (LTI) wouldn't insurance cover the actual salary and the Predators would be allowed to spend over the cap by Sully's cap $$ value. Even though it's doubtful Nashville would spend upto the Cap.
He'll play again but if history keeps repeating himself, we might keep losing him for long stretches of the season. Given his age and injuries, it might be hard to trade him if we had to go that route.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Now we just need Zidlicky to get injured to continue our annual playoff injury binge/duo. These guys are paid to be go-to players, and while they have been in the regular season (Zidlicky excluded this year), neither have done anything in the playoffs........and its looking like it will continue for a third straight year. The reason - well.......injuries, injuries, injuries.

03-30-2007, 05:28 PM
irisheyes555

have some faith guys. can't the glass be half full? i know we are suffering under injuries to key offensive players, but isn't it possible to get them back in time for the playoffs(POs).

if it is one thing i learned from lurking on the pens board is to think positive. look what that has done for them. gone from out of the POs and possibly going to KC to having a new stadium and a top 3 seed.

sully will play if he can. it's not as if he is zetterburg and responsible for a majority of our pts. we need to worry about kariya and the rest of the disappearing offense when we face PO teams. we can't win scoring 2 or less against good teams. harts should help some and toots/nichol will spell some of the upper line guys(hopefully giving them fresher legs).

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 06:27 PM
tulsytrid1

With the way they are talking, it looks like Sully won't be back for the season. Poor guy has to be hurting pretty bad to miss 16 games. Skates one day...bedrest the next from being so sore from the skating drills. Doesn't look good folks. Like xex said, I think we should get out of this mentality that "help is on the way" could lead to a first round exit again this year if the team heads into the playoffs with that type of attitude.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:10 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
have some faith guys. can't the glass be half full? i know we are suffering under injuries to key offensive players, but isn't it possible to get them back in time for the playoffs(POs).

if it is one thing i learned from lurking on the pens board is to think positive. look what that has done for them. gone from out of the POs and possibly going to KC to having a new stadium and a top 3 seed.

sully will play if he can. it's not as if he is zetterburg and responsible for a majority of our pts. we need to worry about kariya and the rest of the disappearing offense when we face PO teams. we can't win scoring 2 or less against good teams. harts should help some and toots/nichol will spell some of the upper line guys(hopefully giving them fresher legs).
Sullivan may not be responsible for most of the points, but I think he's the true LEADER of the team, and I've said all along there's probably no one player we could afford to lose less.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Sullivan may not be responsible for most of the points, but I think he's the true LEADER of the team, and I've said all along there's probably no one player we could afford to lose less.
Agreed!

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:24 PM
PeterAngelo

Not only is he the true leader but he takes the heat off our top forwards as well, is much easier to matchup on Kariya and Forsberg when you have no Sullivan, Erat or Hartnell to worry about but Peverley, Smithson and Abid instead.

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 01:46 PM
FissionFire

The biggest thing is you lose a TON of speed without him, which really changes the way teams play against you. Kariya/Sullivan would be good for at least one breakaway every time against Detroit. Without him you only have 1 speedster that can do that (and no Legwand isn't the same).

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote