HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dunham: Don't Blame Me

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 02:52 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Dunham: Don't Blame Me

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/43924.htm

Old
12-16-2003, 05:50 AM
Biggun35
Bender

We, Preds fans that is, heard that for 5 years. Can't believe it took him a year to start blaming everyone else.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:23 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

He sounds like that guy from the ESPN commercial, the one were he says it's everyone elses fault not his, even the fumble was his teammates fault because they didn't fall on it.

Ranger fans we are not piling on you guys, just Dunham, he was a cancer here and seems to be there as well. When he's on he's as good as any goalie in the league but when he's off he's awful and brings the team down with him. He seems to always be injured right around the time he gets cold, so expect that soon.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:29 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't really have a problem with Dunham blaming it on bad bounces even though it's pretty obvious he's not playing as well as he did earler in the year.

If he were to blame it on his teammates (even if it was their fault), I'd want him outta here ASAP.

Last edited by klingsor: 12-16-2003 at 06:41 AM.
Old
12-16-2003, 06:32 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

He will just wait, even in that article he says small things like "three of them were on bad bounces off one of our guys"

Old
12-16-2003, 06:32 AM
Fletch

I agree with Dunham..

there have been several goals that have been a result of bad bounces - one off Poti's stick on the backcheck and one that Leetch put in come to mind (there may've been a Ranger skate or two in there also). And Dunham's not blaming anybody. He's just saying that he feels good, he's seeing things well, and the Rangers have been the victim of some bad bounces at times.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:49 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
He will just wait, even in that article he says small things like "three of them were on bad bounces off one of our guys"
The absolute classic goalie casting blame
was Gump Worsley (loved that guy).

He played for some horrible Ranger teams and when asked by a reporter: "Which team gives you the most trouble?" he responded: "The Rangers".

Old
12-16-2003, 07:53 AM
Burberry Manning

[QUOTE=triggrman]He sounds like that guy from the ESPN commercial, the one were he says it's everyone elses fault not his, even the fumble was his teammates fault because they didn't fall on it.
QUOTE]
Budweisser commercial. God I love those commercials. There is no I in team. Well there aint no we either. Leon cant do it all

Old
12-16-2003, 09:27 AM
Fletch

I take that back...

I do blame Dunham. He gave this illusion that he can keep a helpless defensive team and often futile offensive team in every game with All-Star-caliber play. Now that he's a mere mortal who's had a couple bad games, the losses are his fault because he shouldn't have held this team together in the first place, giving the guys in front of him a false sense of security - a feeling that they didn't have to play very hard to win.

It's funny that this team couldn't win when he was turning away 94%+ of the shots he faced (and they were plenty) and averaging less than 2.20 goals given up per game. No wonder his groin gave out.

Heck, didn't Richter also have groin problems as a Ranger?

Closed Thread