HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Ian White Cut From World Junior Team

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 05:38 AM
nordique

vCash:
Ian White Cut From World Junior Team

Link

Basically he hasn't been able to play, and Durocher didn't want to take the chance that his ankle would hamper him in Finland.

Disappointing, but understandable.

Old
12-16-2003, 05:43 AM
russ4king

vCash: 500
What a bummer! Usually I am always very excited to watch the WJC, but this year with only one prospect (Steen) I do not have the same enthusiasm.

It is very understandable that he was cut, but other than watching Crosby this team has no real appeal to me. other than the fact that they are a Canadian team. I sure wish Williams was on the squad!

Old
12-16-2003, 06:11 AM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ4king
What a bummer! Usually I am always very excited to watch the WJC, but this year with only one prospect (Steen) I do not have the same enthusiasm.

It is very understandable that he was cut, but other than watching Crosby this team has no real appeal to me. other than the fact that they are a Canadian team. I sure wish Williams was on the squad!
If Corey Perry didn't make it, I'm not sure Jeremy Williams would have made it...

Old
12-16-2003, 06:15 AM
Doug Evinou

Quote:
martin sagat will be playing for the slovakian entry as well.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:16 AM
DutchLeafsfan

Send a message via ICQ to DutchLeafsfan Send a message via MSN to DutchLeafsfan
Quote:
Martin Sagat will play for Slovakia...

Old
12-16-2003, 08:00 AM
RiellyGood

I feel real bad for Ian because I know how much it meant to him to get to play in the tourney last year and I'm sure he's devastated but what can you do? I think Williams is actually better than some of the players that made the final roster (i.e Colliton, Dixon...) but its ok, I thought Correy Perry should have made the team too but I think his skating held him back

Old
12-16-2003, 10:00 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberFan
I feel real bad for Ian because I know how much it meant to him to get to play in the tourney last year and I'm sure he's devastated but what can you do? I think Williams is actually better than some of the players that made the final roster (i.e Colliton, Dixon...) but its ok, I thought Correy Perry should have made the team too but I think his skating held him back
Too bad for White ... He worked real hard with the toronto medical team to try to get ready... but you can't really blame the selection committee and the Team Canada defense is mainly made up of 1st round NHL drafted dman last year WHO are Healthy.. No less..

Closed Thread