HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Stars @ Predators - 3.31.07

Old
03-31-2007, 10:08 PM
NickHanson

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NickHanson
Those people in the "between the benches" seats really looked interested in the game.

Ok, seriously, they looked like they were about to fall asleep.

NickHanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:16 PM
AdsSabresRule

We seem completely lost out there...Geez!

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:18 PM
canadianpredsfan97

What more is there to say about this team right now? I won't go as far as Gnashville has lately but I'm still disappointed by our lack of effort out there right now.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:20 PM
oz615

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianpredsfan97 View Post
I'm still disappointed by our lack of effort out there right now.
I wouldn't say that,but it's just a simple choke job IMO now that i think about it.

oz615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Difference tonight...

Turco's controlling his rebounds. Vokoun isn't.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:32 PM
AdsSabresRule

Well Tootoo's dumb penalty cost us...way to go!

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdsSabresRule View Post
Well Tootoo's dumb penalty cost us...way to go!
It's the nail in the coffin, but this game was over when the Stars went up 4-2.

Old
03-31-2007, 10:35 PM
canadianpredsfan97

Maybe having the time off before Tuesday, will give this team some time to regroup. I won't know how to feel positive going into April 11th if we have this same performance come Tuesday against the lonely Hawks.

Old
03-31-2007, 10:36 PM
oz615

God I Hate ******* Dallas

Old
03-31-2007, 10:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Maybe having the time off before Tuesday, will give this team some time to regroup. I won't know how to feel positive going into April 11th if we have this same performance come Tuesday against the lonely Hawks.

Nah, we'll beat the Hawks, and everyone will say, "See, we're still good!", like we did after the Oilers games

Old
03-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Gravypan

Nice to see the focus back on actual hockey tonight. And that tensions weren't escalated. Not that I expected them to be this close to the post-season. Neither team could afford to the risk of losing a key player to a suspension in the playoffs.

Gravypan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
How about a team-building event? Something to take the guys minds off of awful hockey.

Sunderland's team building put on by Sunderland's coach, former Ireland and Man United midfielder Roy Keane. These events have been done on off days, during the season - they are now 2nd in the league after starting of near the bottom of the pack.

Last edited by Basher: 03-31-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

five weeks Five weeks FIve weeks FIVe weeks FIVE weeks FIVE Weeks FIVE WEeks FIVE WEEks FIVE WEEKs FIVE WEEKS

was the last time we beat a good team

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:23 PM
canadianpredsfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
five weeks Five weeks FIve weeks FIVe weeks FIVE weeks FIVE Weeks FIVE WEeks FIVE WEEks FIVE WEEKs FIVE WEEKS

was the last time we beat a good team
The win over Dallas was on the 17th. I would consider Dallas a good team when we played them then.

Old
03-31-2007, 11:35 PM
irisheyes555

all i can say is if we don't play any better than we have the past 6 weeks we will be 1 and done again. since all of the injuries we have not been playing well against the top teams. 4-6-4 (2 of the 4 wins were in OT/SO as opposed to 4 losses in OT). it is mostly due to lack of offense. we have only scored more than 3 goals twice and we lost one of them versus allowing more than 3 goals 5 times. i think tonight is a good example that nobody is playing a complete game. either the defense has brain farts with bad give aways or poor positioning. vokoun giving up easy goals. our power plays lack of conversion(17th) which is complemented by our even strength lack of shooting and scoring. e.g. 32 goals in regulation in 14 games below = 2.28 g/game, dropping the Mtl and Cal games and that average goes to 1.75 g/games. yes i know we are missing some key guys, but there is no guarantee that any of them will return in time to have an effect in the POs. and right now nobody is stepping up to pull the load. personally unless kariya and forsberg turn on a switch in the POs i think they have played their way into free agency, because given their salaries i have been quite underwhelmed with the production during this stretch when the team needed them to step up. since March 4 Kariya and Foppa combined have exactly 1 more goal than sullivan and hartnell. the team is supposed to be peaking, not limping into the POs. i have tried to be patient, but i have seen no signs of improvement. after tonight we are closing in on a lower seed.

loss 4-1 vs MN
loss 6-5(SO) vs Mtl
win 4-3(OT) vs Det
win 4-3(SO) vs SJ
loss 3-2(SO) vs Anh
loss 3-2(SO) vs Det
win 6-3 vs Cal
loss 5-2 vs Det
loss 4-2 vs Det
win 3-2 vs Dal
loss 2-0 vs Van
loss 3-2(OT) vs Cal
loss 2-1 vs Det
loss 4-2 vs Dal

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:39 PM
canadianpredsfan97

Yeah the last comment you said there Irisheyes, was something else I was going say. If we're not careful here and win one or two more games, we won't even get home ice advantage in the first round. Who would have thunk that before this week?

Old
03-31-2007, 11:42 PM
oz615

Quote:
Yeah the last comment you said there Irisheyes, was something else I was going say. If we're not careful here and win one or two more games, we won't even get home ice advantage in the first round. Who would have thunk that before this week?
Yeah,especially when they're outsiders that that is looking for any excuse to get us the hell out of the NHL.Which makes this even more frustrating for me personally.

Old
03-31-2007, 11:45 PM
canadianpredsfan97

Even though Tuesday should basically be a gimmie, IMO, the players need to have some sort of meeting before game time. There's no signs of gelling that I can see get turned on by April 11th.

Old
03-31-2007, 11:47 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
The only thing that helps me keep my head up, is the fact that the StL Cardinals "limped" into the playoffs last year, with no real signs of breaking out. They had guys step up time and time again, and got it done. We have the players to do it, but do we have the heart?

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:51 PM
canadianpredsfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
The only thing that helps me keep my head up, is the fact that the StL Cardinals "limped" into the playoffs last year, with no real signs of breaking out. They had guys step up time and time again, and got it done. We have the players to do it, but do we have the heart?
Good point. I hope they do. BTW, anybody going to get up with me tomorrow and root for Columbus on NBC? (I'm not giving up on the division until it's officially over.)

Old
03-31-2007, 11:51 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
our heart is on IR

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:56 PM
canadianpredsfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
our heart is on IR
Yeah Sully and Hartnell, come back soon please.

Old
04-01-2007, 12:10 AM
FissionFire

Quote:
Ya, but are you gonna count on the teams you play missing the equivalent of a gamebreaker (Pedro Martinez) and an impact player (Orlando Hernandez) to allow you to squeak by in 7 games? Or another team essentially scoring half the goals on themselves (50% of the run scored because of errors)?

I'd prefer following the Tigers model.....dominate the competition. Just don't implode in the final round.

FissionFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 12:25 AM
PeterAngelo
In Elliott We Trust

game by game my confidence for what this team might achieve in the postseason is dwindling. Too late to play columbus in the first round?

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
OK, I know most are going to disagree, but I don't care...I am not an apologist either, but...

For those of you that think we came out flat, I disagree. I think we came out too hyped up on emotion and played right into the hands of Dallas because we lost 72% of the faceoffs through two periods giving them the puck to start the play 3/4 of the time and then on top of it...in the first period we were running around like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off.

We constantly saw the forwards either collapse way off their points to chase the puck aimlessly or fly the zone on any loose puck and again leave the Dallas defensemen wide open. I thought this was a key contribution to our lack of ability to breakout the puck in the first period and in turn lead to a lot of turnovers and easy shots from the points in the early going. I thought we adjusted to that after the first intermission, but still weren't working hard enough along the boards to get the puck out.

I think that Dallas came into tonight telling themselves that they were the tired team having played a big game last night in Detroit and getting into Nashville late. They couldn't afford to waste any of their energy trying to entact revenge for Robidas/Modano/Lites or get into any of the hysteria surrounding the meeting. They used their energy effectively to get an early lead and then drop into their defensive shell, protect the lead, and capitalize off of turnovers. Nashville did the exact opposite and came out too high-strung and wound up looking like fools because they couldn't win a faceoff and spent the entire opening 20 minutes chasing the puck.

Another observation, every time I watch Dallas it's the same thing. They love to have a forward camp out in the high slot for redirections. Most teams you watch have their forwards just outside the crease trying to deflect shots/screen the goalie...Dallas has a high forward tipping shots and the two wingers crashing the net. We need to make sure that our centers and defensemen tie up player's sticks out in this area just as they would if they were standing at the top of the crease. I thought that Stu Barnes and Brendan Morrow in particular did a good job of this all night long and created several scoring chances and a couple of goals off of these deflections.

Geez, I cringed when Radulov crawled off the ice in the third period. I was so happy to see him back skating at full strength on his next shift. That would have been devastating if we had lost him.

Lastly, the refs totally had it out for Tootoo tonight. I honestly didn't see anything on his first roughing penalty, didn't see any dive on that penalty, and don't really think that he "roughed" Norstrom so badly that Mattias went flying into the net (although that was at the other end and I will have to check it - I withhold judgement). All night long the linesmen skated immediately to Tootoo at every whistle and shadowed him until the drop of the puck and this was so lovely demonstrated at the end of the game when the linesmen fell after skating into Tootoo chasing him from center ice into the opposite corner...across the rink.

Didn't like the fact that O'Halloran was upset when Weber slapped at the puck in the first period on a high stick and then lectured him about it during the TV timeout. Didn't like the fact that Van Massenhoven skated over to lecture Arnott about shooting the puck into the corner (which is a penalty) and then only called a minor penalty on him when he didn't like Arnott's response. And overall I didn't like the flamboyant standoffish attitude displayed by both O'Halloran and Van Massenhoven tonight that we have seen all too much of the past three games.

Congrats to Dallas, they came into the night off of a come from behind victory at Detroit last night and stuck to their game plan early and jumped out to a 2 goal lead that the Predators simply never recovered from. Dallas certainly appears to be peaking at the right time of the year.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote