HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I can't wait for next season.

Old
04-10-2007, 07:05 AM
213 Sentinel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
It should be noted I am dangling my toes in the murky waters of the deep end ... 'round about this time of year the Siren's song seems awfully tempting.
So...you're into sirens, eh?

On Topic: Next year can actually take it's sweet time, this time 'round. This year left a really bitter taste in my mouth.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 07:06 AM
mossylog
Go jackets

i can't believe 30.5 % of jacket money is taken up by feds and foote!!! that's too much for not much in return. if our defense was stopping everything or feds was setting up assist after assist or scoring 40+ goals then ok pay them. but that money needs to be spent on substance and we need goal scorers fast. doug needs to think about the contract situation. cannons!!!!!

mossylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Matt Foley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213 Sentinel View Post
On Topic: Next year can actually take it's sweet time, this time 'round. This year left a really bitter taste in my mouth.
Same here; in the past, usually it's kind of sad for me when the season is over. When the final horn sounded this past Saturday evening, the thought that ran through my brain was, "Thank God that it's over". The losing got to me this season and really dampened my enthusiasm for the team.

Matt Foley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 08:29 AM
cbjfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg8 View Post
Wow, next year we have 8 more games to lose to Nashville
why did you have to remind us...its bad enough the dispatch article today reminded me...that rivalry sure is over if we cant compete whatsoever....

cbjfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Handyy

I was a double-loser this season. Jackets missed playoffs as well as my hometown team in Finnish Elite League. Still I'm pumped already for next season about both teams. I have a very good chance to see Jackets play live again next season (flight tickets already booked) and now I pray for a good schedule!

Now let's hope for a good draft position, important FA signings, and most importantly a good off-season for physical & mental stamina and skill improvements. I have every reason to believe that with the current crew it is possible.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 08:56 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Great to hear you'll be coming our way, again, Handyy! I'll be looking forward to the chance to buy you a drink at the RBar. Try to set it up so you don't have to drive all night after the game, this time!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Skraut

Handyy, yes let us know when you're coming to town again, I'll make sure you get a DVD.

As far as the topic, while I'm excited about next year, the experience of this past season is keeping a lot of the enthusiasm I had last season at this time in check. Honestly, I'm more excited about 2 years from now.

Feds and Foote off the books
Brassard should be on the team by then,
Brule should have matured considerably
Z is either acting like a teammate or gone

Maybe I'm just getting old and more patient.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 09:29 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

I can't wait for next year, but I guess I'm gonna halfto, correct?

The Draft being in Columbus will help. Then there's Rookie Camp.
In between we have ridiculous arguments on HF about who Maclean should sign.
And if they cut Maclean loose, and trade Z, it will make the off-season seem a lot shorter.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 09:36 AM
raindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Same here; in the past, usually it's kind of sad for me when the season is over. When the final horn sounded this past Saturday evening, the thought that ran through my brain was, "Thank God that it's over". The losing got to me this season and really dampened my enthusiasm for the team.
Glad to hear I'm not alone here. Usually around the 10:00 mark of the second, I find myself getting a little down thinking that the last game of the season is already halfway over. Not this year. I'm actually really glad I have the summer to hopefully rebuild my excitement over this club. This year I need the time to recoup.

raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 09:49 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
And if they cut Maclean loose, and trade Z, it will make the off-season seem a lot shorter.

If either of those happen, let alone both, we'll have fodder for record length threads well into 2008! And, if Nikki comes back to haunt us, well into the next decade!

Old
04-10-2007, 10:19 AM
cbjfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender11 View Post
Glad to hear I'm not alone here. Usually around the 10:00 mark of the second, I find myself getting a little down thinking that the last game of the season is already halfway over. Not this year. I'm actually really glad I have the summer to hopefully rebuild my excitement over this club. This year I need the time to recoup.

completely agree...i was very sad when last season ended because i hate to see hockey go, and normally i get a little teary eyed (hey, i'm a girl, and a passionate one!) but this year...no tears...just "thank god thats over, lets move on..." although i would have liked for a win vs the ducks since we did come back and the crowd was getting into it towards the end.

Old
04-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
I'm not going to get my hopes up for next season, because I'll just end up disappointed again, I do the same thing with the Browns. I don't expect much so I'm never disappointed.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
I soo cant wait for next yr ..I was very sad when the season ended ... i have never been a fan of a team that i could go see in person on a regular basis.(other then my bros baseball team ) ... i think i spent sunday in mourning .. lord help me when we make the playoffs . i am geeked about next yr not just cause i know it will be a better season ..i have faith in hitch and these players to do what needs to be done this offseason ..... but because i have found something i love and enjoy going to do .. something to look forward to on a tuesday night in the middle of winter when i normaly wouldnt wanan step outside .. i cant wait to get back to the rbar hanging out with friends before the game and talk about why we should win & after the game to drown our sorrows or to cheer to success .. the nat .. even the chessy promos ... the feeling i get when they players take the ice .. practice's where you can see the personalities of the players more .. learning more about the game .. booing bad calls .. holding my breath on amazing saves .. jumping up too soon when we "think" we scored only to see it did go in ...cheering when someone hits the boards so hard you can feel it in your bones .. spending all day thinking about the game that night .. comming home and talking about the game with mom ( did you see that hit .. that save .. that sweet pass ) .... i could go on but i think i will stop... i am sure most of yall will say i will get over that but i dont think i will for 14 yrs i felt that way every time i stepped onto a ball field to watch my bro play ... SO HURRY UP OFF SEASON .. BRING ON MY JACKETS AND LOOK OUT CAUSE WE ARE SOO GUNNA SURPRISE ALOT OF PEOPLE !!!!!

Old
04-11-2007, 06:20 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Your enthusiasm, Tst, always makes me smile. I hope it never fades.

Old
04-11-2007, 06:35 AM
BZArcher

I think it all depends on what we do with the offseason.

Personally, I'm hoping that by no later than May 15th, we've had MacLean shown the door and a new GM in place who gets a good month to look at our draft options and trade possibilities, and gets on the same page as Hitch with where the team should go.

If we could get the "proven center" everyone talks about, that'd be a huge plus, especially since I think that even if we only rented him for a season or two, he would hopefully rub off enough on Platt that he could step up into the 1st line when the mystery guest leaves.

(I saw most of the home games where they had Nash-Platt-Vyborny as the 1st line in person, and the chemistry was obviously there - Platt just didn't quite have the skill to cash it in consistently.)

If we'd had Hitch the entire season, I think it's a decent chance that we'd have played .500 or a little better hockey all year, and I think this could (should!) be the year he pushes us up over the top. Even if we made it to the first round and got buzzed out, it'd be a big improvement.

BZArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 07:55 AM
X0ssbar

**NEW POSTER ALERT**

BZArcher!!

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Ar-too

vCash: 1695
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
I was a double-loser this season. Jackets missed playoffs as well as my hometown team in Finnish Elite League. Still I'm pumped already for next season about both teams. I have a very good chance to see Jackets play live again next season (flight tickets already booked) and now I pray for a good schedule!

Now let's hope for a good draft position, important FA signings, and most importantly a good off-season for physical & mental stamina and skill improvements. I have every reason to believe that with the current crew it is possible.
Missing Shelley that much eh?

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 09:38 AM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZArcher View Post
I think it all depends on what we do with the offseason.

Personally, I'm hoping that by no later than May 15th, we've had MacLean shown the door and a new GM in place who gets a good month to look at our draft options and trade possibilities, and gets on the same page as Hitch with where the team should go.

If we could get the "proven center" everyone talks about, that'd be a huge plus, especially since I think that even if we only rented him for a season or two, he would hopefully rub off enough on Platt that he could step up into the 1st line when the mystery guest leaves.

(I saw most of the home games where they had Nash-Platt-Vyborny as the 1st line in person, and the chemistry was obviously there - Platt just didn't quite have the skill to cash it in consistently.)

If we'd had Hitch the entire season, I think it's a decent chance that we'd have played .500 or a little better hockey all year, and I think this could (should!) be the year he pushes us up over the top. Even if we made it to the first round and got buzzed out, it'd be a big improvement.
Problem is if we keep MacLean, he will play Brassard or Brule over Platt just to save face with his draft picks. I know Hitch has some say but just look at the few times where Hitch said player X would be playing tonight/tomorrow and then MacLean would send them down.

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 10:03 AM
cbjfan97

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
**NEW POSTER ALERT**

BZArcher!!

hey..... ....i never got "new poster alert" and "welcome"...i'm no good

Old
04-11-2007, 10:35 AM
BZArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
**NEW POSTER ALERT**

welcome BZArcher!!
Whoops! I've been nabbed!

I'd been coming over hear to read threads linked by Army of the Ohio enough that I thought I should finally register and kibitz. :>

BZArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 10:36 AM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjfan97 View Post
Shelf usually hits everybody new with a hello. Im sure it was nothing personal at all.

Welcome!!!

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 10:48 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjfan97 View Post
Sorry..must have missed ya.....prolly to busy bashing Maclean and Z

soooo......

***NEW POSTER ALERT**

cbjfan97!

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 12:00 PM
cbjfan97

[QUOTE][QUOTE=Top Shelf;8870739]Sorry..must have missed ya.....prolly to busy bashing Maclean and Z
QUOTE]

haha yea that is what i have been doing!

THANKS!

Old
04-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
Missing Shelley that much eh?
Of course

Columbus is so wonderful city with very friendly people, I want to visit again for sure!

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 04:32 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-Lebowski View Post
Problem is if we keep MacLean, he will play Brassard or Brule over Platt just to save face with his draft picks. I know Hitch has some say but just look at the few times where Hitch said player X would be playing tonight/tomorrow and then MacLean would send them down.

Sorry, Pub, I just don't buy this. GMDM may want to exert control over who's on the ice, but I don't believe Hitch would roll over for that. He has had too much sucess in the past and he has too much support from up top to let that happen. HCH is no GG!