HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT 4/1 - Canes @ Panthers

Old
04-02-2007, 08:52 PM
CioCio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes4me View Post
LOL poor kid, doesn't look happy to be there. You know, I actually liked the Panthers and think they have a very good mix of youth and Vet leadership to really make another run at things in the future. Marty G is still one of my favorite ex-Canes and truth be told, I liked Sean H as well. This whole diving BS and the hate spewed from the incident has me rethinking it all.
I like the Panthers as well, and even with all this in mind, I'd probably pull for them in the playoffs as long we're not competing against them. Probably the only team in the southeast I can say that for. I think their uniform looks really nice, as well. Oh well

CioCio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 09:20 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

I never really hated the Panthers, being from Florida myself I. But I do now. I even use to like Jokinen. But I can't stand their entire organization now. If the roles were reversed, you'd never see Cam or Grahame doing what Belfour did or see Brind'Amour or Gleason make a comment like that in the paper.

And Sean Hill is with the Isles now.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sam View Post
I never really hated the Panthers, being from Florida myself I. But I do now. I even use to like Jokinen. But I can't stand their entire organization now. If the roles were reversed, you'd never see Cam or Grahame doing what Belfour did or see Brind'Amour or Gleason make a comment like that in the paper.

And Sean Hill is with the Isles now.
I agree. The fact that the fanbase backs these comments also shows a terrible state of disrepair in the organization when winning becomes secondary and their players and coaches making WWE like statements in the fishwrap takes precident and is cause to bring out the chest thumpers for bringing this "great injustice" to light. It's really quite sad.

I would be LIVID with Cam Ward if he took that selfish of a penalty in overtime and cost the Hurricanes even the slightest margin of hope that we might make the playoffs. I would be inconsolable. He took the game into his own hands and decided the fate of the game for the opposition.

I think the lack of discipline had a trickle down effect from the head coach. When your head coach starts making statements like that, your supposed "leaders" like Jokinen thinks they have the green light to make those kind of blanket statements as well. Florida fans are lauding the fact that it showed "leadership", but I can tell you what Rod Brind'Amour would have done and has done in situations like this. Shut his mouth in the press and let his play on the ice do the talking for him. Jokinen is no hero or leader for these comments. In fact, it makes him anything but a leader. He has put the idea into the heads of his teammates that losing is acceptable because the other team dove.

Just a very odd way to handle the situation and it's not hard to see why a winning pedigree hasn't set in when you're picking these meaningless battles to fight through the papers. Carolina has been quiet about this, which I am VERY thankful for. They're not going down to the level of Florida on this the same way they didn't go down to the level of Brodeur and his antics about running the goalie or Lindy Ruff spouting about, of all things, diving last year in the playoffs and Craig MacTavish spewing his nonsense about anything to anyone who would listen.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 09:56 PM
CioCio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever View Post
I agree. The fact that the fanbase backs these comments also shows a terrible state of disrepair in the organization when winning becomes secondary and their players and coaches making WWE like statements in the fishwrap takes precident and is cause to bring out the chest thumpers for bringing this "great injustice" to light. It's really quite sad.

I would be LIVID with Cam Ward if he took that selfish of a penalty in overtime and cost the Hurricanes even the slightest margin of hope that we might make the playoffs. I would be inconsolable. He took the game into his own hands and decided the fate of the game for the opposition.

I think the lack of discipline had a trickle down effect from the head coach. When your head coach starts making statements like that, your supposed "leaders" like Jokinen thinks they have the green light to make those kind of blanket statements as well. Florida fans are lauding the fact that it showed "leadership", but I can tell you what Rod Brind'Amour would have done and has done in situations like this. Shut his mouth in the press and let his play on the ice do the talking for him. Jokinen is no hero or leader for these comments. In fact, it makes him anything but a leader. He has put the idea into the heads of his teammates that losing is acceptable because the other team dove.

Just a very odd way to handle the situation and it's not hard to see why a winning pedigree hasn't set in when you're picking these meaningless battles to fight through the papers. Carolina has been quiet about this, which I am VERY thankful for. They're not going down to the level of Florida on this the same way they didn't go down to the level of Brodeur and his antics about running the goalie or Lindy Ruff spouting about, of all things, diving last year in the playoffs and Craig MacTavish spewing his nonsense about anything to anyone who would listen.
Nicely put

CioCio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 07:26 PM
AntonFromAppState
hockeytalkuncensored

http://belfourtheidioteagle.ytmnd.com/

AntonFromAppState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 08:08 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFromAppState View Post
Hilarious

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

You know, they probably won't admit it, but this has a lot more to do with the pwnage Carolina has had over FLA for some time now, than about diving or anything else. They're just frustrated out of their minds and this is a convenient recent topic to launch into. We have had their number for a long time now.

I've heard Denis Potvin many times lament how the Canes are inside the Panthers heads now, and that was several months ago when he first started saying that. Add to that the many perceived or real injustices they feel they have gotten from the officials in our games and you get this kind of boil over reaction.

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Fan of The Game

Send a message via MSN to Fan of The Game
I know it is against the Canes but you got to love Eddie.

Fan of The Game is offline   Reply With Quote