HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: MLB / NFL / NBA Thread

Old
04-04-2007, 10:43 PM
danno2530

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Do the Yanks have a double-dip tomorrow due to the rained out game today?
I heard no make up date announced yet..just one game tomorrow. I'm kind of bummed since I had tickets for today and I wanted to see Andy's first start back..on the other hand, it rained just a little...I didnt want to sit through that

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 01:27 AM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Lets Go Mets!!

3-0!!

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 08:05 AM
True Blue

Oh, Edgeeeeee

come out, come out whereever you are. New season. You know perfectly well what debate is due for a revival.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 12:05 PM
xander

good god, must you subject the rest of us to this?

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 12:10 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
good god, must you subject the rest of us to this?
You actually remember it?

Old
04-06-2007, 06:17 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Deolis Guerra is throwing in the mid-nineties right now, and had a line of 5IP, 0H, 0ER, 0BB, 5K in his winning start last night. That's ******* impressive for a 17 year-old in Hi-A. Can't wait to follow him this season, while watching my Metsies mow through the NL .

Link to article on Guerra, mentions his significant increase in velocity: http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=124

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 07:01 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Sheesh..can the Yankees get some pitching? The Orioles have 4 runs off Moose in 2 innings so far

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 08:45 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Ollie P has just been nasty tonight...7 IP, 5H, 1R 6 Ks and still under 85 pitches.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:18 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Ollie P has just been nasty tonight...7 IP, 5H, 1R 6 Ks and still under 85 pitches.
Him and Maine and Duque look good. However, April has made lots of super stars. I just cannot buy that he suddenly fixed himself. This guy was not fit to pitch in a beer league as early as last year.

Old
04-06-2007, 09:23 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Him and Maine and Duque look good. However, April has made lots of super stars. I just cannot buy that he suddenly fixed himself. This guy was not fit to pitch in a beer league as early as last year.

TB, keep it coming...1st, it was "don't take anything out of the performance in Game 7"...then, it's only spring training...now it's only April. Sorry TB, but, we're talking young talent. When talented kids figure out how to be successful, (and you should know this from hockey), their games just take off. Perez has worked very hard with Peterson, and they've given the kid the road map to being successful. He's been sharp and cut down on his wildness. If he gets near his 2004 performance, the name "Scott Kazmir" will officially disappear from Met history.

Old
04-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Jagr68Lundqvist30

Mets are playing great. 3-0 and they are winning 11-1 right now!

Jagr68Lundqvist30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:28 PM
True Blue

Quote:
TB, keep it coming...1st, it was "don't take anything out of the performance in Game 7"...then, it's only spring training...now it's only April. Sorry TB, but, we're talking young talent. When talented kids figure out how to be successful, (and you should know this from hockey), their games just take off. Perez has worked very hard with Peterson, and they've given the kid the road map to being successful. He's been sharp and cut down on his wildness. If he gets near his 2004 performance, the name "Scott Kazmir" will officially disappear from Met history.
I neglected to put the next to my post. I know that it is early. 3 games in is far too early to tell.

Having said that, I cannot see him getting to Kazmir's level. Don't get me wrong. He's got the "stuff", the question becomes can he every put it together again and will he be able to recover from another month long beating, if it happens again.

Old
04-06-2007, 09:42 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I neglected to put the next to my post. I know that it is early. 3 games in is far too early to tell.

Having said that, I cannot see him getting to Kazmir's level. Don't get me wrong. He's got the "stuff", the question becomes can he every put it together again and will he be able to recover from another month long beating, if it happens again.
I think he's got a better chance than Kazmir to stay healthy. And, Randolph, Peterson and Guy Conti have really done wonders on his psyche.

Old
04-06-2007, 09:44 PM
ruckus*

31-3...need I say more? How are the Yanks doing? ha justttttttt kidding you guys. Glad the Metsies are coming out of the gates well though. That spring had me a little nervous.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:48 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Helluva night for the Mets again. I think they're trying to put the NL on notice early on here, that they were the best team last year and that no one has done anything to change that for this season. They've been absolutely dominant so far.

Old
04-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68Lundqvist30 View Post
Mets are playing great. 3-0 and they are winning 11-1 right now!
It's more like the Mets are playing perfect baseball, I don't want to jinx but you can't help but think of 1986 the way they are starting off the season.

That being said won't surprise me if they hit a bump tomorrow, if I recall Glavine never pitches well against his former team.

Last edited by Ronnie Bass: 04-06-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:53 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God View Post
It's more like the Mets are playing perfect baseball, I don't want to jinx but you can't help but think of 1986 the way they are starting off the season.

That being said won't surprise me if they hit a bump tomorrow, if I recall Glavine never pitches well against his former team.
Glavine was better last year. Apparently, someone forgot to tell this version of the Mets that Turner Field is supposed to be a house of horrors...6-3 last year there, and they were just scary tonight. Any time the Braves looked to have any life, Perez would throw a DP. He also struck out Smirky twice, and walked NOBODY!

Old
04-06-2007, 09:55 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Glavine was better last year. Apparently, someone forgot to tell this version of the Mets that Turner Field is supposed to be a house of horrors...6-3 last year there, and they were just scary tonight. Any time the Braves looked to have any life, Perez would throw a DP. He also struck out Smirky twice, and walked NOBODY!
If Ollie is going to throw 67% of his pitches for strikes, then the league is in serious trouble. His stuff, particularly that slider, is just filthy.

Old
04-06-2007, 10:01 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
If Ollie is going to throw 67% of his pitches for strikes, then the league is in serious trouble. His stuff, particularly that slider, is just filthy.
BINGO! One of his biggest problems was his control, which this spring, was not the case. If he doesn't have control problems, he's got such nasty stuff. Personally, I've believed all along that the "so-called experts" really undersold this starting staff. I personally believe that Maine, Perez and Pelfrey can combine for 40 + wins. And, the guy I worry most about is El Duque...just keep him ready come playoff time. Oh, and how many other teams have a Pedro Martinez possibly coming back in July?

Old
04-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
That's good to hear.

As far as DP's, how many have we turned so far? It's like we are getting 2-3 of them a game so far.

And I can't believe I'm using the word "we" with Ranger fans, blasphemy!

Old
04-06-2007, 10:08 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
That's good to hear.

As far as DP's, how many have we turned so far? It's like we are getting 2-3 of them a game so far.

And I can't believe I'm using the word "we" with Ranger fans, blasphemy!
I'll ignore your misplaced allgiance to THAT franchise to talk Mets.

BTW...9 DPs so far.

Old
04-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
I'll ignore your misplaced allgiance to THAT franchise to talk Mets.

BTW...9 DPs so far.

LOL!

And nine is a sick number in four games, I think we can probably thank Rick Peterson - who has faced my wrath, but not anymore -for this, he's got Maine pitching lower in the strike zone and Perez not looking to strike everyone out.

04-06-2007, 10:20 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
LOL!

And nine is a sick number in four games, I think we can probably thank Rick Peterson - who has faced my wrath, but not anymore -for this, he's got Maine pitching lower in the strike zone and Perez not looking to strike everyone out.
Yup...and it looks like they're easing Burgos in slowly...another 1-2-3 inning tonight. Oh, and Joe Smith could be the nastiest sidearmer I've seen in a long time. He threw a sick slider to strike out Woodward, after falling behind 3-1. And, unlike most sidearmers (i.e., ChadBrad, who, BTW struck out ARod in a big spot tonight for the O's), the kid hits 90 MPH.

One other note...Humber's debut in AAA...5IP...1 run...and Carlos Gomez runs very fast!!!!

Old
04-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Yup...and it looks like they're easing Burgos in slowly...another 1-2-3 inning tonight. Oh, and Joe Smith could be the nastiest sidearmer I've seen in a long time. He threw a sick slider to strike out Woodward, after falling behind 3-1. And, unlike most sidearmers (i.e., ChadBrad, who, BTW struck out ARod in a big spot tonight for the O's), the kid hits 90 MPH.

One other note...Humber's debut in AAA...5IP...1 run...and Carlos Gomez runs very fast!!!!
Watching Burgos pitch the last couple games I can now fully understand why Kansas City is a joke of an organization that they are. I mean fine he didn't pan out as a closer, but you just don't give up on a arm like his, I think Keith or Ron made that point the other night and they were 100% right.

But yeah, I'm loving this kid Smith, what a find he has been so far.

Old
04-06-2007, 11:28 PM
The Thomas J.*

Mets have started on fire!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote