HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: MLB / NFL / NBA Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2007, 10:43 PM
  #26
danno2530
 
danno2530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,453
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Do the Yanks have a double-dip tomorrow due to the rained out game today?
I heard no make up date announced yet..just one game tomorrow. I'm kind of bummed since I had tickets for today and I wanted to see Andy's first start back..on the other hand, it rained just a little...I didnt want to sit through that

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 01:27 AM
  #27
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway
 
peanutbuttacallytime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Israel
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Lets Go Mets!!

3-0!!

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 08:05 AM
  #28
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Oh, Edgeeeeee

come out, come out whereever you are. New season. You know perfectly well what debate is due for a revival.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 12:05 PM
  #29
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,081
vCash: 500
good god, must you subject the rest of us to this?

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 12:10 PM
  #30
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
good god, must you subject the rest of us to this?
You actually remember it?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 06:17 PM
  #31
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,096
vCash: 500
Awards:
Deolis Guerra is throwing in the mid-nineties right now, and had a line of 5IP, 0H, 0ER, 0BB, 5K in his winning start last night. That's ******* impressive for a 17 year-old in Hi-A. Can't wait to follow him this season, while watching my Metsies mow through the NL .

Link to article on Guerra, mentions his significant increase in velocity: http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=124

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 07:01 PM
  #32
danno2530
 
danno2530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,453
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Sheesh..can the Yankees get some pitching? The Orioles have 4 runs off Moose in 2 innings so far

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 08:45 PM
  #33
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Ollie P has just been nasty tonight...7 IP, 5H, 1R 6 Ks and still under 85 pitches.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:18 PM
  #34
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Ollie P has just been nasty tonight...7 IP, 5H, 1R 6 Ks and still under 85 pitches.
Him and Maine and Duque look good. However, April has made lots of super stars. I just cannot buy that he suddenly fixed himself. This guy was not fit to pitch in a beer league as early as last year.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:23 PM
  #35
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Him and Maine and Duque look good. However, April has made lots of super stars. I just cannot buy that he suddenly fixed himself. This guy was not fit to pitch in a beer league as early as last year.

TB, keep it coming...1st, it was "don't take anything out of the performance in Game 7"...then, it's only spring training...now it's only April. Sorry TB, but, we're talking young talent. When talented kids figure out how to be successful, (and you should know this from hockey), their games just take off. Perez has worked very hard with Peterson, and they've given the kid the road map to being successful. He's been sharp and cut down on his wildness. If he gets near his 2004 performance, the name "Scott Kazmir" will officially disappear from Met history.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:27 PM
  #36
Jagr68Lundqvist30
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Mets are playing great. 3-0 and they are winning 11-1 right now!

Jagr68Lundqvist30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:28 PM
  #37
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
TB, keep it coming...1st, it was "don't take anything out of the performance in Game 7"...then, it's only spring training...now it's only April. Sorry TB, but, we're talking young talent. When talented kids figure out how to be successful, (and you should know this from hockey), their games just take off. Perez has worked very hard with Peterson, and they've given the kid the road map to being successful. He's been sharp and cut down on his wildness. If he gets near his 2004 performance, the name "Scott Kazmir" will officially disappear from Met history.
I neglected to put the next to my post. I know that it is early. 3 games in is far too early to tell.

Having said that, I cannot see him getting to Kazmir's level. Don't get me wrong. He's got the "stuff", the question becomes can he every put it together again and will he be able to recover from another month long beating, if it happens again.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:42 PM
  #38
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I neglected to put the next to my post. I know that it is early. 3 games in is far too early to tell.

Having said that, I cannot see him getting to Kazmir's level. Don't get me wrong. He's got the "stuff", the question becomes can he every put it together again and will he be able to recover from another month long beating, if it happens again.
I think he's got a better chance than Kazmir to stay healthy. And, Randolph, Peterson and Guy Conti have really done wonders on his psyche.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:44 PM
  #39
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
31-3...need I say more? How are the Yanks doing? ha justttttttt kidding you guys. Glad the Metsies are coming out of the gates well though. That spring had me a little nervous.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:48 PM
  #40
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,096
vCash: 500
Awards:
Helluva night for the Mets again. I think they're trying to put the NL on notice early on here, that they were the best team last year and that no one has done anything to change that for this season. They've been absolutely dominant so far.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:49 PM
  #41
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 19,999
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68Lundqvist30 View Post
Mets are playing great. 3-0 and they are winning 11-1 right now!
It's more like the Mets are playing perfect baseball, I don't want to jinx but you can't help but think of 1986 the way they are starting off the season.

That being said won't surprise me if they hit a bump tomorrow, if I recall Glavine never pitches well against his former team.


Last edited by Ronnie Bass: 04-06-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:53 PM
  #42
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God View Post
It's more like the Mets are playing perfect baseball, I don't want to jinx but you can't help but think of 1986 the way they are starting off the season.

That being said won't surprise me if they hit a bump tomorrow, if I recall Glavine never pitches well against his former team.
Glavine was better last year. Apparently, someone forgot to tell this version of the Mets that Turner Field is supposed to be a house of horrors...6-3 last year there, and they were just scary tonight. Any time the Braves looked to have any life, Perez would throw a DP. He also struck out Smirky twice, and walked NOBODY!

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:55 PM
  #43
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,096
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Glavine was better last year. Apparently, someone forgot to tell this version of the Mets that Turner Field is supposed to be a house of horrors...6-3 last year there, and they were just scary tonight. Any time the Braves looked to have any life, Perez would throw a DP. He also struck out Smirky twice, and walked NOBODY!
If Ollie is going to throw 67% of his pitches for strikes, then the league is in serious trouble. His stuff, particularly that slider, is just filthy.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:01 PM
  #44
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
If Ollie is going to throw 67% of his pitches for strikes, then the league is in serious trouble. His stuff, particularly that slider, is just filthy.
BINGO! One of his biggest problems was his control, which this spring, was not the case. If he doesn't have control problems, he's got such nasty stuff. Personally, I've believed all along that the "so-called experts" really undersold this starting staff. I personally believe that Maine, Perez and Pelfrey can combine for 40 + wins. And, the guy I worry most about is El Duque...just keep him ready come playoff time. Oh, and how many other teams have a Pedro Martinez possibly coming back in July?

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:05 PM
  #45
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 19,999
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Glavine was better last year. Apparently, someone forgot to tell this version of the Mets that Turner Field is supposed to be a house of horrors...6-3 last year there, and they were just scary tonight. Any time the Braves looked to have any life, Perez would throw a DP. He also struck out Smirky twice, and walked NOBODY!
That's good to hear.

As far as DP's, how many have we turned so far? It's like we are getting 2-3 of them a game so far.

And I can't believe I'm using the word "we" with Ranger fans, blasphemy!

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:08 PM
  #46
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God View Post
That's good to hear.

As far as DP's, how many have we turned so far? It's like we are getting 2-3 of them a game so far.

And I can't believe I'm using the word "we" with Ranger fans, blasphemy!
I'll ignore your misplaced allgiance to THAT franchise to talk Mets.

BTW...9 DPs so far.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:11 PM
  #47
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 19,999
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I'll ignore your misplaced allgiance to THAT franchise to talk Mets.

BTW...9 DPs so far.

LOL!

And nine is a sick number in four games, I think we can probably thank Rick Peterson - who has faced my wrath, but not anymore -for this, he's got Maine pitching lower in the strike zone and Perez not looking to strike everyone out.

__________________
1995, 2000, 2003..........
Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:20 PM
  #48
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God View Post
LOL!

And nine is a sick number in four games, I think we can probably thank Rick Peterson - who has faced my wrath, but not anymore -for this, he's got Maine pitching lower in the strike zone and Perez not looking to strike everyone out.
Yup...and it looks like they're easing Burgos in slowly...another 1-2-3 inning tonight. Oh, and Joe Smith could be the nastiest sidearmer I've seen in a long time. He threw a sick slider to strike out Woodward, after falling behind 3-1. And, unlike most sidearmers (i.e., ChadBrad, who, BTW struck out ARod in a big spot tonight for the O's), the kid hits 90 MPH.

One other note...Humber's debut in AAA...5IP...1 run...and Carlos Gomez runs very fast!!!!

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:23 PM
  #49
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 19,999
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Yup...and it looks like they're easing Burgos in slowly...another 1-2-3 inning tonight. Oh, and Joe Smith could be the nastiest sidearmer I've seen in a long time. He threw a sick slider to strike out Woodward, after falling behind 3-1. And, unlike most sidearmers (i.e., ChadBrad, who, BTW struck out ARod in a big spot tonight for the O's), the kid hits 90 MPH.

One other note...Humber's debut in AAA...5IP...1 run...and Carlos Gomez runs very fast!!!!
Watching Burgos pitch the last couple games I can now fully understand why Kansas City is a joke of an organization that they are. I mean fine he didn't pan out as a closer, but you just don't give up on a arm like his, I think Keith or Ron made that point the other night and they were 100% right.

But yeah, I'm loving this kid Smith, what a find he has been so far.

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:28 PM
  #50
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Mets have started on fire!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.