HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weird Stat

Old
04-02-2007, 03:30 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Weird Stat

Chris Clark has more goals than Jagr Nathan Horton has more goals than Jagr. Zach Parise has more goals than Jagr I wish we had him, oh wait we had that chance. I find it odd that Clark, Parise and Horton would have more goals than Jagr

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 03:57 AM
Thor God of Thunder

Well, Jagr hasn't really had the best year. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Thor God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 04:11 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor God of Thunder View Post
Well, Jagr hasn't really had the best year. This doesn't surprise me at all.
I know but come on Chris Clark of all people

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 05:35 AM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Chris Clark has more goals than Jagr Nathan Horton has more goals than Jagr. Zach Parise has more goals than Jagr I wish we had him, oh wait we had that chance. I find it odd that Clark, Parise and Horton would have more goals than Jagr

well, we all know the shoulder has for most of the season hindered jagr's shooting. and he's not having his best season as you 2 mentioned.

also though, like he himself said at some point last season i remember, jagr is not so much a goal scorer as he is a playmaker.

of course one goal away from 15 straight 30-goal seasons could lead one to say otherwise .

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Thats hockey, its really small marginals to score a goal. So many factors play a part, pure luck can probably mean +/- 5-6 goals in a season. I defenitly belives that luck can be the diffrence between scoring 20 goals and 30 goals.

I think allot of people where looking at Prucha and said, wow how can this kid have more goals then xxxxx. Now he is back to a more normal rate. Callahan seems to have taken over scoring thoose unexpected goals though.

I'll tell you one thing for sure, thoose names are perfect examples of why stats sucks in hockey, its pretty darn important to be able to lift your team in other aspects too. Jagr is allot better then Horton, Parise and Clarke.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote