HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT : Comrie Traded to Philly

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 10:26 AM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
OT : Comrie Traded to Philly

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/1341.asp

It probably would have cost us something like Komisarek + 1st. Probably worth it, but oh well.

Last edited by gohabsgo2010: 12-16-2003 at 10:29 AM.
Old
12-16-2003, 10:27 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
OMFG. Why philly... why!!!!

Old
12-16-2003, 10:45 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:

It probably would have cost us something like Komisarek + 1st. Probably worth it, but oh well.
Your crazy man! I prefer having a big bruising dman with a lot of upside in Komisarek then a 1 time 30 goal scorer crying midget...
But hey, that just my crazy idea...

Old
12-16-2003, 10:46 AM
smnhppu

Quote:

Worth it?!? Not on your life. We need Komi more than we do a whining primadonna center who hasn't proven a thing.

And you gotta admit Philly has this habit of overpaying for everything except when dealing with the Habs. (Remember Oates?)

I'd say Lowe got a great deal.

Old
12-16-2003, 10:59 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Guys, I like the deal for both teams.

Mike Comrie is a fast, talented player. If he did not come wiith the attitude and baggage that's attatched to him, I would deal Komisarek, god love him, and our 1st Round Pick for him any day of the week.

Comrie scored 31 goals as a 22-year-old (that's proven, isn't it?), he will be a HUGE star, bigger (hehe, no pun intended ) star than Mike Komisarek will ever be. Trading two unproven commodities for a 23-year-old superstar would be alright by me. Of course, though, the fact that he is a headcase somewhat nulifies that, but who's to say he couldn't become a good boy here.

Anyways, what's done is done. We're happy with Komi, but let's see how he does facing Comrie, Gagne, and Williams for times a year for the next decade. :p

Old
12-16-2003, 11:08 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Komi >>>> Woywitka

period

Old
12-16-2003, 11:26 AM
smnhppu

Quote:
Guys, I like the deal for both teams.

Mike Comrie is a fast, talented player. If he did not come wiith the attitude and baggage that's attatched to him, I would deal Komisarek, god love him, and our 1st Round Pick for him any day of the week.

Comrie scored 31 goals as a 22-year-old (that's proven, isn't it?), he will be a HUGE star, bigger (hehe, no pun intended ) star than Mike Komisarek will ever be. Trading two unproven commodities for a 23-year-old superstar would be alright by me. Of course, though, the fact that he is a headcase somewhat nulifies that, but who's to say he couldn't become a good boy here.

Anyways, what's done is done. We're happy with Komi, but let's see how he does facing Comrie, Gagne, and Williams for times a year for the next decade. :p
I still disagree somewhat with you for a few reasons.
1. D-men are more important than forwards (due to the rarity of a truly good one)
2. I'll take Koivu, Zed, hell even Ribs before Comrie.
3. For all his flash, I don't think he's ever brought Edmonton to the next level - something a true 1st line center should do.

Old
12-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
Komi >>>> Woywitka

period
And for what I read from both player:
Woywitka >>>> Comrie

A lot a people seem to underestimated the importance of a good state of mind for a player. For exemple (forget the money part) would you take Theo Fleury in place of Steve Begin? Most (sane) of the people will say no, Fleury have more talent but he is a nutcase! Perhaps Comrie is a good player (note the "good", not the superstar like some people seem to see him...) but he is a headcase and could lead to serious trouble if not handle with care. Philadelphia have the luxury to take a chance with him, not us...

Old
12-16-2003, 12:14 PM
Cayouche5

Good for Both cause Philly needs offensive talent and Edmonton nedds defense.
Philly have one of the best young d-men in the all league in Pitkanen this guy is a stud for many years.
Edmonton have York Hemsky Pouliot Torres in offense.
Oilers probably wanted Komi and 1rst same value but not same reward. We NEED gritty player who can Destroy the other team with big Hit not another ( Very Telented but still ) small center.

Old
12-16-2003, 12:45 PM
smnhppu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
A true first liner should do? wtf, he's 23 years old!
Fair enough, but then doesn't that also reinforce the argument that he's still unproven? Look at Gaborik carrying Min through the playoffs. I'm not comparing Min to Edm, the differences ar way to huge to compare - but the fact of the matter is, for all his highlight reel goals, where was Mike Comrie when Edmonton made a push for the playoffs?

There is no doubt in my mind that Comrie has a great upside, but Komi is projected as one of the great D-men in the leagu in years to come, and I doubt that Comrie will be one of the great forwards of the league. His impact will be less than that of Komi.

Old
12-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
[url]It probably would have cost us something like Komisarek + 1st.
Hmmm... Komisarek's a better prospect than Woywitka who's got a good all around game but does nothing particularly well (I'm afraid to mention that everything I've read about him sounds exactly how Rivet was being described when drafted; ie, somwhat physical, good 2-way game, not very gifted offensively but can chip in at times, ok shot but nothing spectacular, usually solid in his own end with the occasional mental blunder, etc.).

Also a Montreal's 1st pick is much better than a Philly's 1st rounder which will amount to an early second with the way things are shaping up for them.

So this to me says that Komisarek or Hainsey alone (+ maybe a 2nd) could have probably get Comrie. If BG didn't go for it, he must have had his reasons.

Old
12-16-2003, 01:03 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
comrie is a crying midget !
Edmonton just stole the flyers !
Woywitka is a REAL NICE D
+ 1st pick
+3rd pick

(but If i was edmonton i'll have asked for Carter instead of the 1st and woywitka)
anyway comrie is more a head case than a good player !
good job to K.Lowe on this one !

Old
12-16-2003, 02:20 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Edmonton just stole the flyers? i'd say the opposite, everything the oilers got is unproven, picks, and the prospect, and even if the picks do pan out, do you really think they will be better then Comrie at his age? Comrie is a spectacular young hockey player and Philly is VERY lucky to have landed him.
I agree, I think Philly came out ontop here. Considering they have guys like Johnsson and Pitkanen on D, what do they need with another "solid" d-man? The first round pick will be a 25-30th pick and the 3rd round pick will be 85-90.

Obviously Philly is taking a run at the cup and they don't hurt themselves much in the long run anyway. They just got Comrie for nothing if you ask me.

Also, Woywitka had 6 assists in 29 games in the AHL...not exactly stellar.

Cap

Old
12-16-2003, 02:27 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Edmonton just stole the flyers? i'd say the opposite, everything the oilers got is unproven, picks, and the prospect, and even if the picks do pan out, do you really think they will be better then Comrie at his age? Comrie is a spectacular young hockey player and Philly is VERY lucky to have landed him.
Great trade for Philly....Clarke handcuffed Lowe

Old
12-16-2003, 08:37 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
The Flyers have and impressive D depth with 2 future regular NHLer ( Dennis Seidenberg, Jim Vandermeer )and a future no1-2 guy in Pitkanen . Woyitka was defintly expendable along with a 25 to 30 overall pick for an offensive weapon like Comrie who give them more firepower along with Roenick plus 2 world class defensive center in Handzus and Primeau .

Good deal for both team cuz the Oils really needed a prenium product to develop on D and they will also add depth with the 2 picks .

Closed Thread