HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parrish's trade value is dropping

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 02:27 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto80
cant even humour me with a proposal? :p
Well, I guess I don't see a fit there. I think Toronto is in a similar situation prospect-wise as the Isles. Toronto has a very good forward prospects, a nice young defense prospect, and a GM who (wisely) does not like to move youngsters.

Old
12-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillson2Berge2Weinie
I'd take the better Sedin straight up, yet again why F up a team that seems to be turning it around. Do we want another Weimer is let go and we lose 9 of 11 situation on our hands again...

I absolutely, positively, 100% agree with you. They're playing so well now. Parrish may have done nothing this year, but he is still well-liked and moving him could have a lousy impact on team chemistry. I hope they stand pat.

Old
12-16-2003, 04:53 PM
Trottier
Very Random

I agree to a point about the chemistry issue. Here's why I differ a bit, and admittedly, this is Trottier playing dimestore team psychologist. :p

The Weimer deal was a "shock" received poorly by a fragile team, as they were just starting out the season and playing well. After that move, and the flurry of rumors that came after it, I do not think another deal would necessarily have the same effect.

From a talent standpoint, I agree that if it's not broken, don't fix it, however, we all know this team can be improved and with Hunter's emergence, Parrish is a clearly a more tradable commodity than before. (You'll never get Sedin for him, BTW.)

Not endorsing a deal, and agree that anything less than allen wouldn't do it for me from Vancouver. The other options, particularly King and Kesler were suggested with the implicit idea that a salary dump is the priority. I'm hopeful/wishful that even though NYI will not be adding $$$, they may also not be in a payroll cutting mode either.

Old
12-16-2003, 05:57 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Parrish is the type of player i'd like to see Ottawa grab. A good garbage goal scorer.
I can't see these teams trading, but it's a thought, pending that he can play left wing.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Jones23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov!
As much as I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Kings, I wonder if Parrish might head towards the Ducks now that they've missed out on getting Comrie from the Oilers.
That could very well be true!

A deal involving Parrish and Vishnevski has been talked about many times around here.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
If it's not broken why fix it...
For the same reason that the team with the best record in the league today acquired Mike Comrie. Again, not advocating a deal here, but if/when opportunity knocks...

Worth noting that a hypothetical Parrish deal (at least as discussed here) would bring back something in return. Yet another differentiation from "Weimergate," in which a player (albeit a role player) was simply let go to save $$$. Two toally different messages sent in those scenarios.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeca
That could very well be true!

A deal involving Parrish and Vishnevski has been talked about many times around here.
That is the basis of a sound deal, IMO. At the very least, disles1 would stop talking about the need to get a crease-clearer; and Warrener, Gauthier, and Jason Smith could sleep at night.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Tiki

Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = Dud
Objection..

Try watching a Stars game without yelling at the tele or falling a sleep.
Awwwwwwwwwww.. poor baby. Try going through that, and worse, for a decade!

Old
12-17-2003, 09:29 AM
disles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot55
That is the basis of a sound deal, IMO. At the very least, disles1 would stop talking about the need to get a crease-clearer; and Warrener, Gauthier, and Jason Smith could sleep at night.

You're right Sabot--I like that deal, actually any one of those 4 would do it for me--throw in Mckee as well
The isles top 4 are good but they all play the same way--we need a crease clearer---my opinion

Old
12-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Capt Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Gauthier or Vish would be nice, but I'm not sure either is available right now, nor do I think the Isles want a contract in return.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Parrish traded for a soild defense prospect. With Gervais' injury, the cupboard is bare.
I agree we probably would not want a contract in return, but if the Parrish move is one of several planned moves, as opposed to being the final trim of the payroll for the year, we might be looking to get a Gauthier or Vish back. For example, getting Gauthier or Vish might allow us to move Hammer (which I fear is a foregone conclusion given his impending raise in salary via RFA). We'd end up with a net savings if we moved Parrish for Gauthier or Vish, although not too much, but we'd save even more if Hammer were then moved for a blue chipper prospect a la Svitov. I think if we were to move Hammer without replacing him with a quality Dman somehow, our D would be quite weak, but replacing him with a Gauthier or Vish might even improve us by bringing in a physical element or at least would take some of the sting off.

(For what it's worth, I don't think Svitov is worth Hammer as Svitov's scoring is not a guarantee to develop, but he seems to be the latest big enigmatic and lazy Russian to catch win Milbury's heart.)

Old
12-17-2003, 10:06 AM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
actually Wang's decision is the important one.He's deciding payroll/trade issues.
bingo.

Parri still has plenty of value. He's about 2.4/yr, which is reasonable for a 20 goals scorer with grit. If he gets hot and rounds out his totals his value goes up.
I doubt he goes anywhere right now bc MM has no reason to trade him.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:13 AM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
I'd take the better Sedin straight up, yet again why F up a team that seems to be turning it around. Do we want another Weimer is let go and we lose 9 of 11 situation on our hands again...
hitting the nail on the head....

the only way MM trades Parri is if he can easily spin it in a positive way. that can only happen if we get something we need that would hurt another team to lose. as darth points out, parri may not have his value at a highpoint. however, i still think he's a great value to a lot of teams and know that plenty of gm's would love to have him. he's just getting into his prime. 28-33

Old
12-17-2003, 10:18 AM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C.
I agree we probably would not want a contract in return, but if the Parrish move is one of several planned moves, as opposed to being the final trim of the payroll for the year, we might be looking to get a Gauthier or Vish back. For example, getting Gauthier or Vish might allow us to move Hammer (which I fear is a foregone conclusion given his impending raise in salary via RFA). We'd end up with a net savings if we moved Parrish for Gauthier or Vish, although not too much, but we'd save even more if Hammer were then moved for a blue chipper prospect a la Svitov. I think if we were to move Hammer without replacing him with a quality Dman somehow, our D would be quite weak, but replacing him with a Gauthier or Vish might even improve us by bringing in a physical element or at least would take some of the sting off.

(For what it's worth, I don't think Svitov is worth Hammer as Svitov's scoring is not a guarantee to develop, but he seems to be the latest big enigmatic and lazy Russian to catch win Milbury's heart.)
You're pretty much the third poster to speak my mind on this thread so I don't need to be here.
I've thought of the above scenario often.

I wish we could afford to keep Hammer and Parri and add Gauthier or Vish anyway.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
I agree to a point about the chemistry issue. Here's why I differ a bit, and admittedly, this is Trottier playing dimestore team psychologist. :p

The Weimer deal was a "shock" received poorly by a fragile team, as they were just starting out the season and playing well. After that move, and the flurry of rumors that came after it, I do not think another deal would necessarily have the same effect.

From a talent standpoint, I agree that if it's not broken, don't fix it, however, we all know this team can be improved and with Hunter's emergence, Parrish is a clearly a more tradable commodity than before. (You'll never get Sedin for him, BTW.)

Not endorsing a deal, and agree that anything less than allen wouldn't do it for me from Vancouver. The other options, particularly King and Kesler were suggested with the implicit idea that a salary dump is the priority. I'm hopeful/wishful that even though NYI will not be adding $$$, they may also not be in a payroll cutting mode either.
i think you easily get a sedin if Vancouver feels they can win the cup this year. Mark's skill set would be invaluable to them in the playoffs. His grit would pay huge dividends around those players. Imagine the garbage opps on a team like Vancouver.

Old
12-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Starsdude

Stars could use size. What about Kapanen?

Old
12-17-2003, 01:18 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
Stars could use size. What about Kapanen?

Parrish is not particularly big. he is about 6 feet tall, maybe a little smaller.

Niko Kapanen wouldn't be of any interest anyway. Isles have no need for more smallish Euro-forwards.

Old
12-17-2003, 01:57 PM
Jamie-L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
To St. Louis: Parrish ($2.3M)

To NYI: Petr Cajanek ($800k)

St. Louis get a proven, 26 y/o 2nd line scoring winger.
NYI gets yet another potential linemate to click with the 10-year contract man. Cajanek is 28 y/o.

Cajanek is a vital cog in both our O and D, he is our best two way player, so the move would at best amount to a lateral move. Cajanek is playing great hockey and getting paid peanuts, no reason to move him.

Old
12-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-L
Cajanek is a vital cog in both our O and D, he is our best two way player, so the move would at best amount to a lateral move. Cajanek is playing great hockey and getting paid peanuts, no reason to move him.
Fair enough, just as long as you acknowledge that you are not going to get a proven 26 y/o, proven 20+ goal scorer for scraps. No pain, no gain.

Closed Thread