HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tuk gets his 2nd ticket to LA

Old
04-03-2007, 12:50 PM
kingsfan25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
and it's a very bad "rap" not "rep" Rep is "reputation" and he's not getting a bad reputation around here... his reputation is that he works hard, but he has two bum knees. Not his fault.
I don't know...to listen to some people talk, you'd think he was Craig Johnson.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Talk all the crap you want about Craig Johnson, but he played his butt off every night and gave 100%. Too bad he sucked. He was a good character guy. His only problem was handing out with Jamie Storr.

I'm just saying, if Storr wasn't around, Johnson would have been a superstar.

Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 01:48 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
Talk all the crap you want about Craig Johnson, but he played his butt off every night and gave 100%. Too bad he sucked. He was a good character guy. His only problem was handing out with Jamie Storr.

I'm just saying, if Storr wasn't around, Johnson would have been a superstar.
I'm not sure how much of that is to be taken at face value...but I, personally, have no serious disdain for Johnson. He was just another mediocre whipping boy who came to bear the sins of his team...I was using the general perception of him more than his performance as a player as a reference point for how some people feel about McCauley.

Old
04-03-2007, 01:49 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
McCauley is getting a very bad rep around here. He is an excellent player when used properly.

Tukonen should get #9 since Pushkarev isn't using it.
I don't think anyone is dogging MacCauley as much as they dog ownership for signing him. Under his circumstances he in no way shoukd have got a contract. He didnt even take a physical on his knees becasue he had just has surgery. You dont throw money without knowing you are going to get something back.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 01:57 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
I don't know...to listen to some people talk, you'd think he was Craig Johnson.
If we have to endure Alyn McCauley for another 434 NHL games in a Kings uniform, there may be a reason for comparison... but McCauley's knees and the fans patience won't hold out that long.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 02:07 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
If we have to endure Alyn McCauley for another 434 NHL games in a Kings uniform, there may be a reason for comparison...
If he isn't ready for next season, maybe there will be. However, for right now, I've noticed that people tend to take the general sense of negativity that surrounds the McCauley situation (whether those people recognize the initial source of such negativity I don't know) and focus it directly on McCauley himself as opposed to leaving it to rest upon the poor decision of management in signing him; McCauley, then, in the eyes of many, doesn't just become a bad financial call but, by association, a bad player.

Old
04-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally posted by kingsfan25
I'm not sure how much of that is to be taken at face value...but I, personally, have no serious disdain for Johnson. He was just another mediocre whipping boy who came to bear the sins of his team...I was using the general perception of him more than his performance as a player as a reference point for how some people feel about McCauley.
I know. But there was some mean spirited comments directed at him and he did not deserve any of it. If people wanted to say negative things about his play, fine, but don't personally insult the guy. He did everything that was asked of him.

Storr deserved everything he got. The guy was a real richard.

Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Fat Elvis

Thought Tuk played decent given the lack of ice he had. Back checked well and played the body some. Had a scoring opp with Frolov, but it would have been a heck of a deflection to score. Overall he played well, I just hope he gets another 5 minutes a game and some special teams action to see a little more from him.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Fat Elvis

Why did they recall the kid to play 5 minutes? I thought they wanted to get a good look? Guess they were not impressed.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote