HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tie Domi on Leafs success

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Tie Domi on Leafs success

In any sport, you don’t want to be on too much of an emotional high less than halfway through the season, no matter how favourably you’re situated in the standings. That’s why the Leafs’ 44-point output shouldn’t have them thinking Stanley Cup just yet, with just 32 games under their belt. But they can’t help but notice that point total comes courtesy of the same bunch of guys who were with the club last year.

The difference this year, as Tie Domi explains, is that the guys all happen to like each other. “We went through tough times. We knew we had a good group because nobody was, you know, yelling and screaming and nobody was complaining and pointing fingers. We stuck through it together and I can honestly say we’re like a little family here right now. I don't think we had that before,” he proposes.

Old
12-18-2003, 01:04 PM
Verbal Kint*

You know, Corson and Green leaving may have been a blessing in disguise. Both were rumoured to be having locker-room troubles, and now that the leafs have brought in Nieuwendyk, a real team first guy, the whole dressing room seems to work together. Chemistry's great, a hug after every game. I think Domi just re-iterated what was becoming somewhat apparent to Leaf fans.

Old
12-18-2003, 02:27 PM
loveshack2

I can believe that.

The Leafs are filled with character guys. They added a huge lockerroom presence in Neiuwendyk this summer along with two guys who really wanted to play in Toronto (Marchment, Klee). From what scuttlebutt I hear Ken Klee and his family absolutely love it in Toronto and couldnt be happier. Corson is gone which is a good thing, and Green was rumoured to be one of Corson's best friends on the team. Berg is out from under Lumme's shadow finally which has been great for his development.

Closed Thread