HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rumor Lindros/Jagr ???

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 02:15 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

vCash: 500
Rumor Lindros/Jagr ???

hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone heard of this one... i read it in another forum that Lindros doesn't like playing for the rangers anymore and there have been talks to do a Lindros/Jagr trade. Person on the forum states he heard it from espn..

EDIT: this is what was posted

Quote:

Just heard this on ESPN news, they were saying Lindros is having "troubles" with ranger management (what else is new), and a deal may be made to send him to the Caps for Jagr. Whaddya think???

Old
12-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Marshall
Too right, man.

I haven't seen anything like that in the D.C. media.

As for the deal, I'd be a bit surprised. While not stating it overtly, the thought is that McPhee is not a fan of Londros' percieved "me-first, me-only" attitude (Rangers fans might have insight or contradictory info on this), and that he wants to keep the locker-room as cancer-free as possible (see: Cassidy firing). OTOH, there are contract implications.

This is all 3rd or 4th hand info, so take it with a shaker of salt. (Boy, that'd make a great lyric ot a song, hunh...)

Old
12-16-2003, 03:10 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall
I haven't seen anything like that in the D.C. media.

As for the deal, I'd be a bit surprised. While not stating it overtly, the thought is that McPhee is not a fan of Londros' percieved "me-first, me-only" attitude (Rangers fans might have insight or contradictory info on this), and that he wants to keep the locker-room as cancer-free as possible (see: Cassidy firing). OTOH, there are contract implications.

This is all 3rd or 4th hand info, so take it with a shaker of salt. (Boy, that'd make a great lyric ot a song, hunh...)
wait.. isn't there a song alread.. no.. no .. it's shake it like a salt shaker...
yeah, that's why i posted it here to people who probably have more info then they would.. thanks..

Old
12-16-2003, 04:37 PM
stanley

Rumor control has arrived.

Al Morganti was on ESPN News for a short hockey-talk segment, and one of the topics was Lindros and Sather. According to Morganti, Sather made a few comments regarding the play of Lindros. I don't know that he did; I didn't care enough to look for the article(s). Anywho, the comments reportedly criticized Lindros and a few other Rangers for lack of emotional, physical play. Morganti suggested that Sather wants Lindros to play physically, which is when he is most effective. However, that's easier said than done because of the concussion problems and all, and Morganti claimed that Lindros isn't the type of player that responds to motivational comments issued through the media (ten points for Al for finally getting one right, but he had a first-hand view of Lindros-gate in Philadelphia). He then made an inductive leap (and what would the world be without one of these?) and said the relationship won't last the year, and that Jagr and Lindros would switch locales for this year.

I can't put enough caution warnings on an Al Morganti rumor.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:39 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Lindros does not have a problem with Ranger management. Sather, who has really treated Lindros badly, know has a problem with him (although there was some very creative back peddling by Sather today in the local rags). And Lindros has been very good since coming here. He has not been the bad guy that many posters would paint him to be or even the guy I thought he was when the Rangers acquired him. He has said all the right things, never complained, been good in the lockerroom, has been good with the younger player and has done everything that has been asked of him.

With that said, it's time for Sather to fish or cut bait with Eric.

12-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

It really is true: everything that's old becomes new again at some point.

This was first talked about over the summer (I give you 3 guesses who was the one who wrote about it the most--his initals are LB, hint, hint). Some people had Lindros going to Washington, there was also some spectulation about some sort of 3 way trade with Detroit involving Lindros, Jagr and Cujo.

As for Lindros' attitude and Sather's comments; Lindros has been jerked around all season. He's played all three forward positions, he's gone from centering the first line with Rucinsky and Kovalev to several games recently where he played on the 4th line with linemates named Scott, Ortmeyer and LaCouture. And when asked about the way he's been used he's replied that he will do anything to help the team win. And just for the record, there has been NOT a peep out of his parents for the whole time Lindros has been here. Sather has been very selective about who he complains about in the press and there have been plenty of veterans who've gotten a free ride when they've been horrible and taken stupid penalties. Lindros has done no worse them and in many cases been a whole lot better--there was no good reason to single out Lindros.

I was against the Lindros trade, I could care less whether he's back next year with the Rangers. But, his attitude has been fine since he's been in New York. He's damaged goods, but just everyone knew that when Sather made the trade for him. And it only took Sather 2+ seasons to make the same discovery himself. No wonder why people in the business think he is a Hockey God.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:07 PM
slyc

I think Wash would trade Lindros for Jagr anytime. Just to get rid of that ridiculous contract.

Closed Thread