HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

GDT 4/3 - Canes @ Lightning

Old
04-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CioCio View Post
You're my new favorite Panthers fan! Thanks for helping to hold it down over there in that thread on the general board
, no worries. I hate seeing teams in the south not do their best. I mean, I want the Panthers to start winning and bring home the Cup, but when a southeast team wins it, I want to see them at least go back to the playoffs.

I'm cheering for the Preds, because the northerners hate them so much and I think they have best chance this year!

NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Disappointing end for you guys. The Hurricanes' Cup run last year was excellent, and I was expecting to see them back in the playoffs this year, but it wasn't in the cards for you this time around. There was just a strange vibe from this team during the season where you'd win a few good games but then lose to a bad team like Boston or something.

That being said, your team has a great core of players and I think with a little bit of adjustment, they'll be back in the playoffs in the East and probably at the top of their division again.

And they learned a valuable lesson about how hard it is to defend a Stanley Cup championship. Teams come hard at you night after night knowing that you're the measuring stick.

Although it must have been hard this year with the incessant complaining by the bitter Sabres and Devils fans who can't get over last year's playoffs.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by CioCio View Post
You're my new favorite Panthers fan! Thanks for helping to hold it down over there in that thread on the general board
I'll echo that. Though it's kind of odd since you seemed so against them in the Belfour thread =/

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:34 PM
CioCio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Disappointing end for you guys. The Hurricanes' Cup run last year was excellent, and I was expecting to see them back in the playoffs this year, but it wasn't in the cards for you this time around. There was just a strange vibe from this team during the season where you'd win a few good games but then lose to a bad team like Boston or something.

That being said, your team has a great core of players and I think with a little bit of adjustment, they'll be back in the playoffs in the East and probably at the top of their division again.

And they learned a valuable lesson about how hard it is to defend a Stanley Cup championship. Teams come hard at you night after night knowing that you're the measuring stick.

Although it must have been hard this year with the incessant complaining by the bitter Sabres and Devils fans who can't get over last year's playoffs.
Thanks for the kind words, man. Here's hoping you can get Cullen at least close to another Cup!

CioCio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sam View Post
I'll echo that. Though it's kind of odd since you seemed so against them in the Belfour thread =/
LOL, I was pissed, they eliminated my team that night, and I was mostly upset that they called a penalty at all after letting other stuff go...for both teams. I'm always pro-Panthers!

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Fan of The Game

Send a message via MSN to Fan of The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post

Thank you for that. Wish you the best of luck in the playoffs.

Fan of The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:40 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
LOL, I was pissed, they eliminated my team that night, and I was mostly upset that they called a penalty at all after letting other stuff go...for both teams. I'm always pro-Panthers!
It happens. I know I went off on my roomate immediatly after tonight's game ended. But that's cause he's a Gator's fan and gave me crap about UNC last night =/

Old
04-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Netminder35

Tough Break Canes,,You'll be Back. It Is Hard to repeat,you get everybodys best game Every Night. Bolts, Canes, games are pretty fast paced games,,Not much standing around going on,Fun games to watch.

Bolts are now going to see if we can keep the Cup in the southeast(Stranger things)

Maybe the Canes can avoid the injury bug next season.

Netminder35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 08:36 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Very intense game, that's for sure. Both of these games were. But I don't get that sour feeling when losing to the Bolts that I do when losing to the Leafs, Canadiens, Thrashers, Panthers (oh wait, that never happens =/)