HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trevor Lewis signs ATO with Monarchs; Hogeboom to Reading

Old
04-03-2007, 07:23 PM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
So Roussin/Lukacevic/Taylor, Tverdovsky and our 1st to Edmonton(don't know if that's them or not) for future considerations?

<----------

Last edited by King Blazer: 04-03-2007 at 07:30 PM.
King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 07:33 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
As much as they might want to clean house here, they still have to ice a competitive team with some veteran leadership
Now where have I heard that before???

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
biginthewest

Lewis is actually 20 not 19. I am pretty sure that he is done with juniors and will not be returning to anywhere but Manchester or LA for the 07-08 season. Seems like there is either some serious Quack fans or a Bobby Ryan follower posting on this thread. Saw every game of the playoffs that the Owen Sound Attack played this year and Lewis looked really good it was just a shame that they did not have the goal tending nor the coaching capabilities to go past the first round. This by the way was the second year in a row The Attack were pulverized in the playoffs.

biginthewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 08:54 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Thanks for the above info

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
Hopefully Lewis gets a chance to redeem himself for his brutal OHL playoff series against London. He stunk it up!
3pts in 4gms isn't brutal or stinking. That was one more point than team leader and 2nd-overall pick, Bobby Ryan, who let his team down far more than Lewis. Besides, the entire Attack team wasn't good, getting swept, I believe.

Keep in mind that Lewis captained his USHL team to a championship. I think that that proves that he's not one to crumble when it comes to the playoffs.

Last edited by Osprey: 04-03-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
<----------
Why?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:34 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Why?
Git-R-Done!!!!

Was pretty much a joke...

Old
04-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
3pts in 4gms isn't brutal or stinking. That was one more point than team leader and 2nd-overall pick, Bobby Ryan, who let his team down far more than Lewis. Besides, the entire Attack team wasn't good, getting swept, I believe.
A team worst -9 in four games, however, is brutal.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
That's a stat that I wasn't aware of when I posted earlier. Still, though, it's hard to fault him much for failing to shut down Kostitsyn, Kane and Gagner, IMO.

Last edited by Osprey: 04-03-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old
04-04-2007, 02:04 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Rob Blake's -26 and Dustin Brown's -22 team worsts are pretty brutal, as well, not to mention Anze Kopitar's -12 being pretty high up there (or low down there?).

By the way, what do you think of Derek Armstrong's team BEST +13?

+/- is one of the most retarded stats that offers absolutely no evidence of a player's defensive ability.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 06:33 PM
King Blazer

Lewis is making his professional debut tonight with the Monarchs. They are playing in Worcester (Sharks). He's playing on a line with Gauthier and Moulson. He's taken a couple of faceoffs and saw some PP time during the Monarchs only PP so far. He's had a couple of shots. No idea how he "looks" because I'm listening to the game on the radio. Monarchs are ahead 1-0 with about 5-mins left in the first period on a Matt Ryan goal. Monarchs going on their second PP...

the URL for the game is: mms://63.211.192.202/monarchs

Old
04-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Rob Blake's -26 and Dustin Brown's -22 team worsts are pretty brutal, as well, not to mention Anze Kopitar's -12 being pretty high up there (or low down there?).

By the way, what do you think of Derek Armstrong's team BEST +13?

+/- is one of the most retarded stats that offers absolutely no evidence of a player's defensive ability.
I agree that plus-minus can be and often is a misleading statistic. Players like Kopitar and Blake get their poor plus-minus more from playing with lesser teammates and going against the top players on the opposition. However, plus-minus is usually a statistic that accumulates as the season goes on as opposed to that sharp a drop, IMO. For comparison's sake, I'd expect the worst four game stretch for Brown or Blake to be a -5 or a -6, -7 at the worst.

I'm not concerned about Lewis' defensive game based my viewings at the rookie tournament and the WJC. His failure to step it up at the biggest games this season (playoffs and WJC) is a bit concerning, though.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 01:20 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
In a best of 7 playoff series, when you're team gets swept in four games and you're -9, you've had a brutal series. That's pretty much a guarantee. Sorry... the truth hurts. This isn't an overall indictment of Trevor Lewis as a hockey player, but it's a fact that he saved his worst for the playoffs this season.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
This isn't an overall indictment of Trevor Lewis as a hockey player, but it's a fact that he saved his worst for the playoffs this season.
That goes without saying, I agree... though almost the whole team did so, as well.