HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best Wishes

Old
04-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Big#D

vCash: 500
Best Wishes

I am sorry to see that the Canes didn't make the playoffs. I was pulling for you guys. As a fan of a team that won the Cup one year and failed to make the playoffs the following year, I didn't want you to have to go through that.

Most importantly I want to wish you and the organization that you support all the best in the future. There are a lot of parallels between the New Jersey organization and the Carrolina organization in their past. Both were previous franchises in a strong market place for hockey (Dever, Hartford) before they moved for business reasons. Both have very good general managers (Lou, JR) that have built a strong team from within the organization with some timely moves to win a championship.

I hope that the future of the Carolina organization is as fortunate as the one we have had to support in New Jersey and have the chance to win 3 Cups over a span of 8 years.

Good luck and best wishes.

Big#D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 08:31 AM
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer

Thanks for the kind words, best of luck to your team in the playoffs.

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 08:42 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
I am sorry to see that the Canes didn't make the playoffs. I was pulling for you guys. As a fan of a team that won the Cup one year and failed to make the playoffs the following year, I didn't want you to have to go through that.

Most importantly I want to wish you and the organization that you support all the best in the future. There are a lot of parallels between the New Jersey organization and the Carrolina organization in their past. Both were previous franchises in a strong market place for hockey (Dever, Hartford) before they moved for business reasons. Both have very good general managers (Lou, JR) that have built a strong team from within the organization with some timely moves to win a championship.

I hope that the future of the Carolina organization is as fortunate as the one we have had to support in New Jersey and have the chance to win 3 Cups over a span of 8 years.

Good luck and best wishes.
Thanks.

Although with what happened last night there's not much left to console in a lot of the fanbase, the Canes are in some great company right now in the historical scope of things. The 70s Habs and the Devils of the past decade are the only other teams that have missed after winning the cup the prior season since expansion. I'm prety optomistic this team will indeed rebound for next year, do a little bit of retooling and be right back in the mix next season. Good luck in the playoffs, I'd include in the long term too but you guys don't seem to have much to worry about there with the scouting staff you have in place.

Last edited by DaveG: 04-04-2007 at 08:58 AM.
DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 08:54 AM
wolfofthesteppes
HFBoards Sponsor

Thanks. Hopefully the Canes can mirror the success of the other 2 teams who missed the playoffs after winning the Cup. Good luck in the postseason.

04-04-2007, 09:28 AM
kingmoore

At least we aren't Edmonton.

They lost it to us last year, and look where they are now.

kingmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 09:31 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmoore View Post
At least we aren't Edmonton.

They lost it to us last year, and look where they are now.
*cough*samethinghappenedtous*cough*

04-04-2007, 09:33 AM
kingmoore

Huh? edmonton has one of the worst records in the NHL.

Old
04-04-2007, 09:34 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmoore View Post
Huh? edmonton has one of the worst records in the NHL.
And the year after we went to the cup final we finished bad enough to nab Staal.

Like bad enough that we finished last. In the NHL.

caniacgirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 09:37 AM
kingmoore

Yeah that's right. That cup run was really weird. Like... we just weren't that good... but a combination of the trap, hot goalie(s), and things going right for us and bam we're in the finals

But i'm still glad that's not us this year. I think this team is still good, and with a solid offseason should be back making noise next year.

PLUS no one can ever take the memories of last year's playoffs away from us. Game 7 will always be one of the best memories of my life.

Old
04-04-2007, 09:40 AM
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer

Indeed, '02-'03 was not a great year for the 'Canes. 22 wins on the season that year, only one team has less than that currently in the NHL (Philadelphia).

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Symphony X

[QUOTE=Big#D;8762109]I am sorry to see that the Canes didn't make the playoffs. I was pulling for you guys. As a fan of a team that won the Cup one year and failed to make the playoffs the following year, I didn't want you to have to go through that.

Yeah guys, gotta second that emotion. The Canes were my team last year after the Bolts got knocked out. Gotta have the SE teams support each other for the playoffs, nobody else will. I predict three teams from the SE in the playoffs next year, Bolts and Canes as two of them.

Symphony X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Fan of The Game

Send a message via MSN to Fan of The Game
Thanks for the kind words. Best of luck in the playoffs.

Fan of The Game is offline   Reply With Quote