HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parros

Old
04-04-2007, 02:05 PM
MightyAdam

vCash: 500
Parros

How do you all think Parros is playing as a Duck? Did you guys ever see him as a full-time enforcer when he was with you guys? What do you think of his fighting skills and him leading the league in fights?
Jack Johnson is a good pick-up for the kings. What do you all think of his skating line-mate from Michigan, Mark Mitera? Seen him play? What can you tell Ducks fans about him?

MightyAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 02:52 PM
jeffreyaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyAdam View Post
How do you all think Parros is playing as a Duck? Did you guys ever see him as a full-time enforcer when he was with you guys? What do you think of his fighting skills and him leading the league in fights?
Jack Johnson is a good pick-up for the kings. What do you all think of his skating line-mate from Michigan, Mark Mitera? Seen him play? What can you tell Ducks fans about him?
He's playing more of a straight goon role on the Ducks b/c you've got legitimate talent ahead of him on the depth chart that the Kings lacked while he was here. He skated often with Robitaille and Armstrong, so he was looked at to contribute more than just his fists; which he did decently. Doesn't surprise me he's leading the league in fights- he was always willing to throw down, even if he didn't always make out so well. I'm guessing working w/McSorley over the summer helped him with his during-fight balance, and the guy did go to Princeton so he's no dummy.

I've attended skating clinics where he was one of the instructors and I'll tell you he's one of the good guys out there, and I'll always cheer for the guy- but I think the straight goon role is going to become even more marginalized as the NHL moves forward. I don't expect he'll see much ice time in the playoffs.

jeffreyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 03:56 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Like Parros a lot. Don't think he'll ever be much more than he is now, but he doesn't hurt you on the ice defensively. He plays within his role and the Ducks seem happy to have him.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Parros will stick in the NHL until his body wears down from taking runs at people and fighting. He's smart enough that he'll know when it's time to go, and he's not a liability.

I would have never gave up a 2nd for him though.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 04:20 PM
no name

He is valuable for the Ducks if nothing else for his ability to excite the crowd. He certainly has been taken to well. It seems lately people have been getting the better of him though.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Osprey

Hardly any fan disliked him in L.A., but, for what it's worth, Lombardi must not have been his biggest fan, since he went and signed Ivanans last off-season. I'm guessing (and it's just a guess) that Dean wanted a goon who was more intimidating. Parros is a solid fighter, but he's not the type to wig out and clock you when you don't see him coming, so I have doubts about his ability to scare players on the ice and deter injury. I'm guessing that Lombardi may've felt the same way. Still, Parros is a decent player outside of fighting, and is a fan favorite, so he's not useless in the least, but that "teddy bear" quality of his may not be the best for a goon to have, and I think that Dean may've agreed.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 06:53 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Hardly any fan disliked him in L.A., but, for what it's worth, Lombardi must not have been his biggest fan, since he went and signed Ivanans last off-season. I'm guessing (and it's just a guess) that Dean wanted a goon who was more intimidating. Parros is a solid fighter, but he's not the type to wig out and clock you when you don't see him coming, so I have doubts about his ability to scare players on the ice and deter injury. I'm guessing that Lombardi mauve felt the same way. Still, Parros is a decent player outside of fighting, and is a fan favorite, so he's not useless in the least, but that "teddy bear" quality of his may not be the best for a goon to have, and I think that Dean may've agreed.
I defanitely agree. Parros the "goon good guy" equals a guy who will 'go', but doesn't intimidate. I think DL prefers the likes of Scott Thornton, who for all of his lack of skill, can skate into a coalescing scrum and just simply stare down the Matt Cookes of the world into the fetal position. Much more of a deterrent than George's "baby deer on skates meets Magnum PI" thing.

I'll take my enforcers at 260+ w/ an outside chance at 5 goals.

And besides, anyone with a > 100:1 pims to points ratio doesn't belong in the NHL anyway.

George Parros GP G A Pts PIM
Year to date: 34..1..0..1..102

multiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 06:54 PM
lakings41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
Like Parros a lot. Don't think he'll ever be much more than he is now, but he doesn't hurt you on the ice defensively. He plays within his role and the Ducks seem happy to have him.
So can I ask you why you wanted no part of Ivanans next season?
I know you think I pick on you but you've haven't really held back when it comes to Ivanans but he's better in every dept that Georgie is in. I'm confused.

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 03:50 AM
Moberman

"Andy Murray saw George as a hockey player; Ducks coach Brian Burke sees George as a fighter only". Quote from one of Parros' close relatives. With that Parros isn't given the chance to score. He loves playing hockey and is willing to do whatever it takes to stay in the league.

Moberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Johnny Utah

George is a really good guy, up there with one of the nicest players I've met.

That quote is right on, he purely a fighter on the Ducks, for a while they had him with Getzlaf and Perry. Then Carlyle moved Penner to that line.

This has been Parros' breakout year, he has fought everyone from Brashear to King.

I just think with his education and the role he's playing now, he might decide to take a job in managment sooner than later. Why fight dudes for a living when you have a Princeton education.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote