HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

atlanta loses

Old
04-18-2007, 10:25 PM
fan in oregon

vCash: 500
atlanta loses

Now that the Thrashers have been eliminated from the playoffs, what affect will this
have in the picking order?

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Ask us in about a month and a half, we'll give you the answer then.

04-19-2007, 06:29 AM
execwrite

from the Atlanta newspaper

“I want a Stanley Cup — and now we’re done,” said Keith Tkachuk, who cost the Thrashers three draft picks in trade and almost certainly won’t be back. “Obviously I’ll always cherish playing with a great bunch of guys. But we felt really good about our chances to win a Stanley Cup, and we got beat by a better team.”

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 10:57 AM
blueshead

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
from the Atlanta newspaper

“I want a Stanley Cup — and now we’re done,” said Keith Tkachuk, who cost the Thrashers three draft picks in trade and almost certainly won’t be back. “Obviously I’ll always cherish playing with a great bunch of guys. But we felt really good about our chances to win a Stanley Cup, and we got beat by a better team.”
No man is an island...but got to believe Tkachuk is starting to feel like one...I don't think he will be back with the Blues and wondering where he lands....

blueshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 02:54 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshead View Post
No man is an island...but got to believe Tkachuk is starting to feel like one...I don't think he will be back with the Blues and wondering where he lands....
Boston?

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 03:32 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Boston?

I tell you what...I have hated the Tkachuk trade since it went down in 2001.

I couldn't wait til we got rid of him. And what we got was a steal this year!

But for the first time in my life, I kind of want Keith Tkachoke to come back this summer. It sounds crazy...But Keith is a monster in the regular season...And we need to get back to the playoffs. It will be 4 years next spring.

I know he wants to come back to St Louis...so lets try and sign him to a MAX of 2 mill a year deal and a club option for the season beyond that...than he helps us get into the playoff hunt..and come next spring, we deal him to Boston (or someone else) for a 2nd rounder, just weeks before the playoffs start!!!

No, seriously, I think it would be in the Blues best interest. ONLY FOR THIS YEAR.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 04:11 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Well.
-The trade deadline is still gonna be early next year.
-I imagine Tkachuk's trade value is going to hinge HUGELY on how his next season is, but based on this playoff it is severely tarnished.
-Walt isn't going to sign a 1 year contract worth $2million. He's gonna want a long term deal. He's gonna want control over his fate (Can you say "No Movement Clause"?) or he's gonna want a big payday for a 1 year deal...which I don't think he would have any interest in. He's looking for his final contract (sounds familiar, didn't he say that last time)

Just highly unlikely.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 05:08 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
Well.
-The trade deadline is still gonna be early next year.
-I imagine Tkachuk's trade value is going to hinge HUGELY on how his next season is, but based on this playoff it is severely tarnished.
-Walt isn't going to sign a 1 year contract worth $2million. He's gonna want a long term deal. He's gonna want control over his fate (Can you say "No Movement Clause"?) or he's gonna want a big payday for a 1 year deal...which I don't think he would have any interest in. He's looking for his final contract (sounds familiar, didn't he say that last time)

Just highly unlikely.
Well if what you say is true and he doesn't want to repay the Blues for Keith "stealing" 11 Million one year and 10 Million another year to choke in the playoffs most years...than he can pack up his family and leave St Louis.

Your right, he might not do a one year contract...but I have a feeling he would do a 2 or 3 year contract at a very low price with the Blues.

I think the hang up will be the trade clause..something I don't want to give him, nor did I want Brewer to get his either.

Old
04-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
The trade deadline is going to be 40 days before the end of the season during this CBA, so it'll always be early.

Just say "no" to a multi-year deal for Tkachuk. If he wants a NTC, he can have it ... but only if he agrees to take a 1-year deal.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 06:28 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
The trade deadline is going to be 40 days before the end of the season during this CBA, so it'll always be early.

Just say "no" to a multi-year deal for Tkachuk. If he wants a NTC, he can have it ... but only if he agrees to take a 1-year deal.
Yeah, I think your right. A 1 year deal with a "no trade clause" is better than a 2 or 3 year deal.

With Oshie, Soderberg and Berglund possibly up here in Sept 2008...your right one year deal at best. (If we can't trade him and I want him benched in the playoffs so he doesn't bring down other players).

Old
04-20-2007, 11:43 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

We shouldn't overlook the kind act Walt did by agreeing to be traded to Atlanta. That being said, I believe he'll be wanting some sort of security for the remainder of his hockey career.

That or being in St. Louis for his family is more important he'll take the "hometown" discount.

1 Year contracts and that is all I hope we offer him. Because I'd rather not lock him down to 2-4 year contracts that lock him into a spot if any of our prospects need a spot. We are preparing for a team without him or Weight...I'd prefer to go without him so the reality of what this team will be will come sooner than later.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:11 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
I'm starting to think JD won't sign Tkachuk ( I hope not anyway) .. maybe Tkachuk will land in Boston.

coolhandluke2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:09 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
We shouldn't overlook the kind act Walt did by agreeing to be traded to Atlanta. That being said, I believe he'll be wanting some sort of security for the remainder of his hockey career.

That or being in St. Louis for his family is more important he'll take the "hometown" discount.

1 Year contracts and that is all I hope we offer him. Because I'd rather not lock him down to 2-4 year contracts that lock him into a spot if any of our prospects need a spot. We are preparing for a team without him or Weight...I'd prefer to go without him so the reality of what this team will be will come sooner than later.
You mean sort of like the "kind act" the Blues did by paying him $21 million per playoff goal scored for us in 2003 and 2004? ($21 million to turn a 5-0 rout into a 6-0 rout in the game he scored).

Oh wait, we don't call him "Keith," we call him "Walt!" Of course he should come back!

Last edited by PocketNines: 04-20-2007 at 01:52 PM.
PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 03:56 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

How about a 1 year $1,750,000 no trade deal? If the Blues get in the playoffs, then he gets the other $250,000 to leave the team and go play golf during the playoff run. That would be a win win situation for both parties.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 05:00 PM
HarmonyOfDissonance

Send a message via AIM to HarmonyOfDissonance
Quote:
(Can you say "No Movement Clause"?)

They are called UFA's for a reason.

I'm hoping he will be back in an Atlanta Sweater next year. I just don't want him in a Blues uni.

HarmonyOfDissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Bluester

Honestly for this team him in a Atlanta Jersey would be the best for next year. We would not only have Atlanta's 2nd round pick but then would also pick up there 1st. I know though I am pretty much only dreaming there cause I see it very unlikely ATL resigns him.

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote