HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

An Interesting thought...

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
An Interesting thought...

Do you all think that the Canucks picking up points without putting in the effort that teams like Detroit, Calgary, Toronto, or Philadelphia to just name a few for example purposes...

Do you think the lack of effort will benefit them later on? I just don't see this team tiring out.. but I do see this happening to the above mentioned teams.

Not saying it will happen, and I am definately not happy with the Canucks performance... but having said that, could this be a blessing in disguise?

Old
12-16-2003, 08:39 PM
SopelFan*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
I don't think it will help in the long term. And I don't think it is being lazy, it is being sloppy.

We are 1 point out of first in the West with 2 games in hand though.

Old
12-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Nalyd Psycho

If they learn their lesson around the trade deadline then it could work in our favour. They'll be relatively fresh and working hard come playoff time.

12-17-2003, 04:40 AM
LaVal

the one thing that they will benefit from all of this is in the playoffs. that much OT experience and ability to win in OT will deffinately come in handy. not to mention the ability to come back and force OT.

Old
12-17-2003, 06:43 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
the one thing that they will benefit from all of this is in the playoffs. that much OT experience and ability to win in OT will deffinately come in handy. not to mention the ability to come back and force OT.
Regular-season OT experience doesn't really mean much in the playoffs, IMO. There's no 4-on-4 and no 'nothing to lose' attitude then. Actually, if you look at the Canucks' OT record so far, there are a couple of things that jump out at me:

Wins vs: Chicago, Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Nashville
Ties vs: Minnesota x2, Colorado, Calgary, Phoenix
Losses vs: Philly, Boston

a) The teams we've beaten in OT have all been pretty mediocre (Ottawa included, so far this season). I think the fact that the ice opens up in OT helps us out against those teams because we can take advantage of our better skill.
b) The teams we've beaten are all teams that we have nothing to lose against, ie Eastern teams or teams that aren't really contenders. Notice that whenever we've played a team in our division in OT, we've tied them. Maybe because we play more cautiously? That's a better indication of how we'd play OT in the playoffs.

So I'm not sure that the OT record says that much about how we'll do in the playoffs. I agree though that it's encouraging that the Canucks have managed to force OT several times, incuding TWICE against Minnesota late in the game. That's a good stat.

Closed Thread