HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposal

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 08:34 PM
tommyb

vCash: 500
Trade proposal

To Edmonton,kovalchuk. To Atlanta,Doug lynch, 2 first round picks in '04 and thrid round pick in '05

Old
12-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Cerebral

Old
12-16-2003, 08:37 PM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 1308
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyb
To Edmonton,kovalchuk. To Atlanta,Doug lynch, 2 first round picks in '04 and thrid round pick in '05
I really hope your not being serious.

Old
12-16-2003, 08:44 PM
tommyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
I really hope your not being serious.
The Comrie trade has set a presidence.

Old
12-16-2003, 08:47 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
What is a "presidence" and how has the Comrie deal set one?

Old
12-16-2003, 08:49 PM
Scorpion88

Quote:
Better yet, we will toss in Horcoff and they can give us Heatley as well.

Old
12-16-2003, 08:51 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Hey buddy, 7 posts, you must be new here, so I'll tell you now, if anyone is going to make incredibly horrific trade proposals, its gonna be me. lol... you got me beat though, even I've never made that bad of a deal.

Old
12-16-2003, 08:52 PM
kruezer

Quote:
I hardly would compare Comrie and Kovalchuk right about now.

Old
12-16-2003, 08:59 PM
tommyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
I hardly would compare Comrie and Kovalchuk right about now.
Why not ,at the rookie allstar game a couple years back Comrie was the M.V.P. for the west and Kovalchuk for the east.Just because Comrie didn't want to play here doesn't make him any less valuable.He is on the allstar ballot, and he was our number one center.Traded for three guys who may never play in the N.H.L..

Old
12-16-2003, 09:05 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Why not ,at the rookie allstar game a couple years back Comrie was the M.V.P. for the west and Kovalchuk for the east.Just because Comrie didn't want to play here doesn't make him any less valuable.He is on the allstar ballot, and he was our number one center.Traded for three guys who may never play in the N.H.L..
Many people consider Kovalchuk to have HoF talent....it really isn't close, stats mean nothing in this debate, and yes they've been close so far, but VALUE wise things ARE different. If you making a Kovalchuk deal and the only 'player' named is Doug Lynch, I'm thinking would have to contain at least 4 future first rounders....and then some.

Old
12-16-2003, 09:12 PM
tommyb

Quote:
Many people consider Kovalchuk to have HoF talent....it really isn't close, stats mean nothing in this debate, and yes they've been close so far, but VALUE wise things ARE different. If you making a Kovalchuk deal and the only 'player' named is Doug Lynch, I'm thinking would have to contain at least 4 future first rounders....and then some.
My trade proposal was not serious ! I was just trying to make the point that this is a brutal trade.Next year Comrie will be an allstar and be in the top ten in scoring.A slap in the face to season ticket holders.Heads should roll over this trade.

Old
12-16-2003, 09:14 PM
kruezer

Quote:
My trade proposal was not serious ! I was just trying to make the point that this is a brutal trade.Next year Comrie will be an allstar and be in the top ten in scoring.A slap in the face to season ticket holders.Heads should roll over this trade.
Fair enough, I just got the impression you actually meant it from earlier posts. No hard feelings.

Old
12-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
You know what's really frustrating. No matter what Lowe does, he'll get criticized. When Lowe made his first trade after becoming GM, fans wanted Lowe's head and wanted him fired. Comrie is really being overrated big time by fans. He's not as good as fans think he is. IMO, Comrie and his agent, Winters overrate Comrie. Lowe could have gotten a roster player back and still would have been criticized.

12-16-2003, 09:49 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Comrie, allstar game and top ten in scoring shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. With the depth the Flyers have, Comrie won't be getting that much ice time. He also won't be on the allstar team as there are a lot of better players in the east than that little runt. What I'm most interested in is how Comrie will get along with Hitchcock.

Old
12-16-2003, 09:52 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Comrie, allstar game and top ten in scoring shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. With the depth the Flyers have, Comrie won't be getting that much ice time. He also won't be on the allstar team as there are a lot of better players in the east than that little runt. What I'm most interested in is how Comrie will get along with Hitchcock.
If he even signs with Philly. I'm not sure that's even guaranteed.

Old
12-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
I apologize for my earlier comment, you actually kind of have a point. While Kovalchuk has far superior value to Comrie and has no qualms with playing in Atlanta, the fact that everyone laughed at that proposal but have accepted the Comrie one is a bit ironic.. the situations are vastly different however. If Comrie had been playing this year and had not held out, any trade Lowe made involving him would have likely received a higher return..

Old
12-17-2003, 11:10 AM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I apologize for my earlier comment, you actually kind of have a point. While Kovalchuk has far superior value to Comrie and has no qualms with playing in Atlanta, the fact that everyone laughed at that proposal but have accepted the Comrie one is a bit ironic.. the situations are vastly different however. If Comrie had been playing this year and had not held out, any trade Lowe made involving him would have likely received a higher return..
I agree, especially with that last line....Lowe definetaly shoulda signed him and shipped him after a few games...keep things quieter it would have helped his value. I don't know what kind of impact it would have on the team itself, but it would have helped value-wise IMO.

Old
12-17-2003, 11:17 AM
barto

Quote:
I agree, especially with that last line....Lowe definetaly shoulda signed him and shipped him after a few games...keep things quieter it would have helped his value. I don't know what kind of impact it would have on the team itself, but it would have helped value-wise IMO.
Well, Lowe DID offer a contract, but Mike wouldn't sign. It would have been a great plan, but no sign-ee by Mikey. What else should Lowe have done?

Bart

Old
12-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
Well, Lowe DID offer a contract, but Mike wouldn't sign. It would have been a great plan, but no sign-ee by Mikey. What else should Lowe have done?

Bart
I agree.. we all know that Comrie's trade value would have been much higher had he have signed a contract and started the year with the Oilers (and possibly started off on a hot streak as well). Unfortunately, Lowe and the Oilers organization did not have that opportunity.. it can be argued that the Oilers lowballed Comrie and thus forced him into the situation but it's starting to sound like Comrie wouldn't have signed with the Oilers for anything close to what he offered to sign for with the Ducks. It is unfortunate for us to lose a great young player like Comrie but we've all been through this before.. I still think the Oilers have enough talent to get into the playoffs with their current roster but who knows, maybe K-Lowe has a few more tricks up his sleeve!

Old
12-17-2003, 11:25 AM
Oilersyul89

Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
Quote:
Originally Posted by barto

Bart
So that means is....that little **** screwed the Oilers? Right?

That's what I have been saying all along. Comrie can ***** and whine and say that this was personal (what Lowe did "extortion") but what Comrie did was even more personal.

He held out and forced Lowe's hand, in turn lowering his return.

Little spoiled ****

Old
12-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny08
So that means is....that little **** screwed the Oilers? Right?

That's what I have been saying all along. Comrie can ***** and whine and say that this was personal (what Lowe did "extortion") but what Comrie did was even more personal.

He held out and forced Lowe's hand, in turn lowering his return.

Little spoiled ****
Chuck is a sniper. Pure skilled goal scorer. Thats a rare breed. Mini Mike is a playmaker with some good goal instincts. Thats alot easier to find. Almost every team has one. Big difference.

Old
12-17-2003, 01:40 PM
elphy101

Just as a comment. You make a decent point. I disagree with it though.

If you offered me Kovalchuk.

From Edmonton's perspective, I would give up Comrie, Edm's 1st round for the next two years. Kovalchuk and Comrie should not be compared.

Old
12-18-2003, 08:37 AM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
Just as a comment. You make a decent point. I disagree with it though.

If you offered me Kovalchuk.

From Edmonton's perspective, I would give up Comrie, Edm's 1st round for the next two years. Kovalchuk and Comrie should not be compared.
Actually I would take Comrie over Kovalchuk in only one instance: Comrie does better fighting with less hair pulling.

Old
12-18-2003, 08:51 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Its pretty hard to be in the top 10 in NHL scoring when you're playing behind Roenick and maybe Primeau or Handzus.

Closed Thread