HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Views on Stan Kroenke

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2007, 05:49 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mandrew View Post
walmart = the devil

thats the dirty side of the av's that i tuck under a rug and feel shame over
Man, your world must be roses. To think that a multi-billion dollar corporation that hires employees of all ages, sexes and various religeous and ethnic backgrounds can be compared to the devil really makes me think you have never seriously looked evil in the face.

Feel all the shame you want over the Avs and the possibility that some of the money comes from Wal-Mart...something I'm still not sure of, but rest assured, I won't lose one moments sleep over it.

Old
04-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Commander Enigma

vCash: 500
Just to clear something up, Stan Kroenke became rich as a real estate mogul. After he was rich enough to be worthy, he married Ann Walton, the Walmart heir. So it's not accurate to suggest his fortune is directly related to Walmart, though his marrage to Walton has lead to development deals with Walmart. Still, in this thread Kroenke seems to have been designated the Walmart figurehead. He'd still have money pouring out orifices if he'd married someone else.

Old
04-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Lunachicken

Send a message via MSN to Lunachicken
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Man, your world must be roses. To think that a multi-billion dollar corporation that hires employees of all ages, sexes and various religeous and ethnic backgrounds can be compared to the devil really makes me think you have never seriously looked evil in the face.

Feel all the shame you want over the Avs and the possibility that some of the money comes from Wal-Mart...something I'm still not sure of, but rest assured, I won't lose one moments sleep over it.
I dont think I ever recall the devil turnin anyone away cause they were 90, Female, Hindu or Cuban. (on a side note if it isnt painfully obvious, I feel that same shame and wally world is the devil)

Old
04-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Osstrayan

Send a message via AIM to Osstrayan Send a message via MSN to Osstrayan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
He's put money into winning in each of his teams and met more success than with his favorite.
But that has nothing to do with the quote from Hill-Wood that you posted. Hill-Wood is spot on. Kroenke is not some lifelong arsenal fan, and he wouldn't be interested unless it was going to benefit him financially.

None of the Americans who bought into EPL clubs recently have done so for the 'love of the game'. Kroenke is no different.

Old
04-22-2007, 11:59 AM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy View Post
Just to clear something up, Stan Kroenke became rich as a real estate mogul. After he was rich enough to be worthy, he married Ann Walton, the Walmart heir. So it's not accurate to suggest his fortune is directly related to Walmart, though his marrage to Walton has lead to development deals with Walmart. Still, in this thread Kroenke seems to have been designated the Walmart figurehead. He'd still have money pouring out orifices if he'd married someone else.
I stated that same thing in an earlier post but people with Wal-Mart hatred can not accept it and chose to depise the guy and assume his money is ill gotten because he married well.

Old
04-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalcyx View Post
But that has nothing to do with the quote from Hill-Wood that you posted. Hill-Wood is spot on. Kroenke is not some lifelong arsenal fan, and he wouldn't be interested unless it was going to benefit him financially.
I doubt he's got much profit from any of his sports ventures outside of his share of the Rams. However he seems to enjoy winning even with sports he didn't grow up with.

From what I understand a take over pid will be costly and Arsenal is still carrying plenty of debt from constructing Emirates, so it doesn't sound like a proposition to make a cash grab.
Quote:
None of the Americans who bought into EPL clubs recently have done so for the 'love of the game'. Kroenke is no different.
Wow and all this time I've been hearing Americans will adopt the game as their own and follow it with a fanatical passion.

An ironic enjoyment to seeing blinkered xenophobia in another sport. i.e. "The American"

Old
04-22-2007, 11:52 PM
theswede

Quote:
Kroenke doesn't have a love for hockey, but I don't hold it against him. Then again, if he was foreign...

Old
04-23-2007, 07:31 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunachicken View Post
I dont think I ever recall the devil turnin anyone away cause they were 90, Female, Hindu or Cuban. (on a side note if it isnt painfully obvious, I feel that same shame and wally world is the devil)
I'm speechless. I expected something different from you..I have no idea why, but I was surprised that came from you. I'm fine with that, we disagree.

Oh well, life goes on. Wal-Mart still hasn't brought about the last book of the New Testament, liberals still continue to force their new religeon (Global Warming) on everyone regaurdless of the separation of church and state, VT will believe everyone is safer if only criminals carry guns and Don Imus is only racial because he is old, white and rich.

There...I said it. Someone had to.

It might be appropriate to rename this thread "Views on Stanley Kubrick."

Old
04-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Commander Enigma

Quote:

Huh?

Old
04-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Lunachicken

Send a message via MSN to Lunachicken
Quote:
I'm speechless. I expected something different from you..I have no idea why, but I was surprised that came from you. I'm fine with that, we disagree.

Oh well, life goes on. Wal-Mart still hasn't brought about the last book of the New Testament, liberals still continue to force their new religeon (Global Warming) on everyone regaurdless of the separation of church and state, VT will believe everyone is safer if only criminals carry guns and Don Imus is only racial because he is old, white and rich.

There...I said it. Someone had to.

My views on wally world stem from a fair amount of small town friendships and travels, nothing else. As for the liberal thing, I'm not really. Global warming is a problem, Don Imus is no more racial than Mr. Rogers on a very bad day :p and gun control is a weird thing, just look at Canada who has more guns than us americans but far less violent crime. Thats far more of my personal views than I ever expected to let off on a thread about Stan Kroenke but hey, these things happen :p

Old
04-24-2007, 04:07 PM
the mandrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunachicken View Post
As for the liberal thing, I'm not really.

jello would be very disappointed in you

Old
04-24-2007, 04:15 PM
the mandrew

Quote:
liberals still continue to force their new religeon (Global Warming) on everyone regaurdless of the separation of church and state,
yes because we wouldn't want a religion that is backed on scientific proof

Quote:
VT will believe everyone is safer if only criminals carry guns.
lemme guess, your a member of the nra?

Quote:
Don Imus is only racial because he is old, white and rich.
racial?? um, don imus said some very terrible and stupid things. i don't think he should have lost his job, but to act as if he had said nothing would have been almost as bad as what he said

you must get your talking points from rush limbaugh? hey, next why don't you bash queers, drug users, and ted kennedy

Old
04-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Roman Tanner

This thread is going in a bad direction fast...

Old
04-24-2007, 07:14 PM
VikingAv
Go Sioux!

vCash: 1253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Tanner View Post
This thread is going in a bad direction fast...
Yep.
I'm telling
Oh, Joriiii....

Old
04-24-2007, 07:24 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mandrew View Post
yes because we wouldn't want a religion that is backed on scientific proof

lemme guess, your a member of the nra?

racial?? um, don imus said some very terrible and stupid things. i don't think he should have lost his job, but to act as if he had said nothing would have been almost as bad as what he said

you must get your talking points from rush limbaugh? hey, next why don't you bash queers, drug users, and ted kennedy

I understand you have different opinions...good for you. I'd love to have a conversation with you over this, but lets do it in a more appropriate forum. If you'd actually like a response give me a PM on this site. Otherwise I'm just dropping this whole thing because it is not hockey related. Good conversation but wrong place to hold it.

Old
04-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
This train has derailed far enough.

Closed Thread