HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rheaume says he's ready for Rangers' duty

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 02:53 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Rheaume says he's ready for Rangers' duty

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsro...angersweb.html

Old
12-17-2003, 04:41 AM
Melrose_Jr.

I gotta hand it to Pascal, you rarely hear players say the type of things he's saying, all of which are remarkably accurate.

Quote:
Rheaume added that the Rangers were not getting the puck in deep enough, instead trying to stickhandle through the defense.

You're not going to deke against five guys in front of you,'' Rheaume said.
Quote:
"You look at who's playing good right now, guys like (Matthew) Barnaby and Chris Simon, these guys don't deke and try to do a lot of stuff. They just try to keep it simple.''
Quote:
You can tell the games we won, everyone was on the same page, four lines were going good,'' Rheaume said.
Quote:
If we keep the shifts short all the time and we keep rolling the lines, we will be unbelievable. We're missing some juice at the end (of games), we're missing some energy. If we're able to play four lines toward the end of the game, we're going to win the games.
Of course, I still don't understand how he fits in the lineup, which makes you wonder about....

Quote:
Sather likely won't decide until tomorrow whether to activate Rheaume. But 29-year-old rookie Jason MacDonald .... has been placed on waivers so he can be sent to Hartford (AHL) in case the Rangers need the roster spot.

Old
12-17-2003, 05:25 AM
Larry Melnyk

Honestly, I don't want to hear a freaking peep out of the mouth of Pasqual Retread....Of course he's saying things that are true, but the entire team knows it already and it sure as hell ain't this bozo's place to be saying it....Until he walks the walk, he should just shut the F up and play and let the Captain(s) talk...

But all that is minor to the point that, hopefully, Rheaume's return means we can finally send down the lazy, inconsistent and spineless Jed Ortmeyer.....And hey, it's always good to play another guy out of position..

Old
12-17-2003, 05:58 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Honestly, I don't want to hear a freaking peep out of the mouth of Pasqual Retread....Of course he's saying things that are true, but the entire team knows it already and it sure as hell ain't this bozo's place to be saying it....Until he walks the walk, he should just shut the F up and play and let the Captain(s) talk...
If entire team knows this, wouldn't you think that maybe, just maybe, someone on this team might dump the puck in instead of making a blind pass or getting stood up at the blueline? They know it when they start playing like they know it.

BTW, Larry, weren't you defending Holik for speaking the truth about the team last year and during the offseason. At that point, Holik hadn't strung together 2 decent games as a Ranger. Why is he exempt from "walking the walk"?

Old
12-17-2003, 06:11 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
If entire team knows this, wouldn't you think that maybe, just maybe, someone on this team might dump the puck in instead of making a blind pass or getting stood up at the blueline? They know it when they start playing like they know it.

BTW, Larry, weren't you defending Holik for speaking the truth about the team last year and during the offseason. At that point, Holik hadn't strung together 2 decent games as a Ranger. Why is he exempt from "walking the walk"?
They know what they are supposed to do, they just don't have the guts, brains, and self-sacrifice to follow throwugh with it on a consistent or even infrequent basis...

And FYI Kodiak, I wasn't defending Holik last year..In fact it was the opposite..So, do me a favor and don't put words in my mouth, OK? I didn't want to hear a word from Holik either after he came into camp fat and lazy, crying and whining about his "role" and then going out and stinking up the joint...He had no right to say anything...But, I think he';s finally earned that right this year....

Old
12-17-2003, 07:31 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Until he walks the walk, he should just shut the F up and play and let the Captain(s) talk...

So if the Captains aren't saying it, then it shouldn't be said by anyone?

Not sure about anyone else, but I disagree with that, if that is infact your stance.

Old
12-17-2003, 07:33 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
They know what they are supposed to do, they just don't have the guts, brains, and self-sacrifice to follow throwugh with it on a consistent or even infrequent basis...

And FYI Kodiak, I wasn't defending Holik last year..In fact it was the opposite..So, do me a favor and don't put words in my mouth, OK? I didn't want to hear a word from Holik either after he came into camp fat and lazy, crying and whining about his "role" and then going out and stinking up the joint...He had no right to say anything...But, I think he';s finally earned that right this year....
I agree that Holik has earned the right this year. I thought you were one of the posters that defended Holik last year on the grounds that SOMEONE had to speak the truth about this team. If you weren't, well, then it's my mistake.

Old
12-17-2003, 07:41 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
So if the Captains aren't saying it, then it shouldn't be said by anyone?

Not sure about anyone else, but I disagree with that, if that is infact your stance.
Yes and no...This team is so screwed up, I don't know who should be saying what..It seems like the team is leaderless and already has some internal strife and differences that I think a 4th line peon who's only played 2 games for the team should just keep his mouth shut and play rather then maybe adding to any turmoil....Earn your stripes then you can speak about the issues..Bottom line is, we have enough talkers, I just want doers....But what the hell do I know, maybe Pasqual is the leader we have been looking for since Messier left for Vancouver..OK, I'm being sarcastic for once...

Old
12-17-2003, 09:54 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Yes and no...This team is so screwed up, I don't know who should be saying what..It seems like the team is leaderless and already has some internal strife and differences that I think a 4th line peon who's only played 2 games for the team should just keep his mouth shut and play rather then maybe adding to any turmoil....Earn your stripes then you can speak about the issues..Bottom line is, we have enough talkers, I just want doers....But what the hell do I know, maybe Pasqual is the leader we have been looking for since Messier left for Vancouver..OK, I'm being sarcastic for once...

lol

Old
12-17-2003, 01:22 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Im glad Pascal said something, something accurate for that matter.This team disgusts me, I can barely stand to watch this "team" be "coached" the way its been lately. It's downright pathetic. I don't see why any one of us should be optimistic at all with the recent actions & play by everyone in this organization. Its not the players, its the coach, its the management, its the organizational philosophy that needs rewriting.

Old
12-17-2003, 03:15 PM
Barnaby

Heres one.... maye its not the coaching, but the team. Ron Lowe, John Schmuckler, Brian Trottier (ok he was bad), and now Glen Sather. You have to give at least Schmuckler and Sathers coaching at least some respect. If you put either guy on a decent team your in good shape. Sather's player decisions have killed this team not his coaching.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:05 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Heres one.... maye its not the coaching, but the team. Ron Lowe, John Schmuckler, Brian Trottier (ok he was bad), and now Glen Sather. You have to give at least Schmuckler and Sathers coaching at least some respect. If you put either guy on a decent team your in good shape. Sather's player decisions have killed this team not his coaching.
Not that I dont somewhat agree, but realtisically this team has 4 potent lines that we can roll and we do not, that is clearly a Sather coaching decision that has hurt this team.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:47 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

FIRE SATHER!

HIRE PASCAL RHEAUME!!!

His sister can be the full time goalie coach that everyone thinks we need.

Old
12-17-2003, 05:26 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
FIRE SATHER!

HIRE PASCAL RHEAUME!!!

His sister can be the full time goalie coach that everyone thinks we need.
Brilliant!!

Closed Thread