HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Forsbergs return

Old
04-06-2007, 04:16 AM
Crazyhorse

vCash: 500
Forsbergs return

Well, on saturday, the 8th of April, it will be the first time Forsberg plays in the Pepsi Center, not wearing an avs jersey. I wonder how the fans will react. Will he be booed, get some mention before the game, etc?

It will be quite emotional for him, obviously, and for some Avs fans to, i can imagine.

Also, will this game be streamed, and if that's the case, can someone provide a link? They won't show it in Sweden(which is a mere tragedy since many people have been mailing in to the Canal + which own the view rights).

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 05:39 AM
jfc64

He's the enemy, the Avs are in the hunt for PO. Another interresting aspect is that Avs might be a candidate for him to go to after the season is over. He feels cold in Philadelphia and Nashville won't win the cup IMO. And you wouldn't want him to end up in Vancouver or Detroit...so you better sign the guy...the PR effect is HUGE as well...he's coming HOME!

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
Well, on saturday, the 8th of April, it will be the first time Forsberg plays in the Pepsi Center, not wearing an avs jersey. I wonder how the fans will react. Will he be booed, get some mention before the game, etc?
Well, I can't see him being booed. I will be somewhat disappointed in my fellow Avs fans if they do boo him, tbh.

He helped us, a lot...and did great things for us, and probably would still be doing great things for us if it wasn't for the salary cap.

I'm not sure if it will be mentioned in the Pepsi Centre, but I can see the commentators talking about it on the Altitude feed.

Quote:
It will be quite emotional for him, obviously, and for some Avs fans to, i can imagine.
Foppa was always one of my favourite Avs, and I don't think he holds any ill-will toward the franchise, so I can imagine it will be an emotional moment.

No matter how much I love the guy though, I will curse his name to high heaven if he scores the GWG.

Blue Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 07:30 AM
Breck Av

He will probably get some kind of ovation when he's announced in the starting lineup or comes out for his first shift. Because the game now has playoff implications for Colorado and is a must win, I don't think his reception will be as warm as it would have if the Avs were out of the playoff race.

Forsberg was the most popular athlete in Denver this decade until he had to leave because of the cap. The crowd at the Pepsi Center should have some chant like, "Come Back, Foppa" or something similar, but it won't happen because we can't chant anything successfully except, "Red Wings Suck".

Breck Av is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 08:25 AM
SB

It's kind of weird, the Forsberg return would have been a huge deal, but it seems to have taken a back seat to the other story going on. We'll see.... it has been a while.

SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 08:36 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
He's the enemy, the Avs are in the hunt for PO. Another interresting aspect is that Avs might be a candidate for him to go to after the season is over. He feels cold in Philadelphia and Nashville won't win the cup IMO. And you wouldn't want him to end up in Vancouver or Detroit...so you better sign the guy...the PR effect is HUGE as well...he's coming HOME!
What do you mean by that?

capn89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Roman Tanner

is Section X here yet ?

Roman Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Draft Dodger

Quote:
technically, not the first time...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/51st_Na..._All-Star_Game

and I think he's going to get a good reaction. This isn't LA (Blake) or Detroit (Fedorov).

Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Tanner View Post
is Section X here yet ?
SectionX is banned on this forum.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Burnaby_Joe*

It'll be weird watching him play against the Avs. I seriously think he'll sign back in Denver or retire this summer.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
Oh, happy day.

And I wouldn't think Avs fans would boo Forsberg. If I were at Pepsi Center and anyone near me was booing him I'd be tempted to get violent.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Crazyhorse

Nice to get some answers. I would think that the Avs-fan would be classy. I mean, they don't have to cheer him, but to boo... that's just classless.

Still, can anyone answer my second question about the streaming? Anyone that can provide a link, or tell me where i could find one?

Old
04-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Booed? Are you serious? Whoever boos Forsberg is an idiot in my mind.

Colorado Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 01:40 PM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Booed? Are you serious? Whoever boos Forsberg is an idiot in my mind.
I'd be very surprised if the Denver crowd would boo him.

At least at the presentation, if he goes an run, elbows brother Joe in the face and finishes off with a gwg the ending might be different

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 02:23 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
I can't answer the question about the streaming feed...I simply don't know and haven't been able to find an answer on-line.

As for Forsberg...if we must miss the playoffs I'd like to see this:
1. Forsberg gets the GWG.
2. Calgary losses to Edmonton.
3. Avs beat Calgary.

There is no-one else in the world I'd mind losing to less than Foppa. That being said...

GO AVS GO!

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

It'd be a damn shame if we booed him--he deserves better than that.

I predict the crowd at The Can will be better than that.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 03:29 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
Good to hear.

Forsberg will get a standing ovation. If he doesn't I will be GREATLY surprised. He deserves it and the fans will meet their call.

Of course, as the game starts and due to playoff implications as previously mentioned it'll be quieter than would've been otherwise. Still will get a very warm reception. If we grab a good lead and have the game under tight control, though, expect a lot of fan love. Else, in a tight game? They'll cheer for the Avs and rightfully so. The team or rather the win comes first--everything else is complementary.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 04:53 PM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89 View Post
What do you mean by that?
I don't think he fit in with Flyers plan for the future. The younger players there are making some progress and the fans would rather want Briere or Gomez, I believe. Also, I think Forsberg would command a higher salary than many might believe. So a 6 million dollar contract from a team that doesn't stand and fall with Forsberg might be a reality. Imagine Pittsburgh offering 6 million...

Old
04-06-2007, 04:55 PM
jfc64

Not many points from Flurpa recently, must be in a heavy training period for the PO.

Old
04-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Tomorrow is my b-day. Forsberg can give me the present of fanning on the GWG, then missing the shot that would tie it up in the SO.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Tomorrow is my b-day. Forsberg can give me the present of fanning on the GWG, then missing the shot that would tie it up in the SO.
How about "accidentally" backhanding the puck top shelf into his own net on the breakout for the GWG on our side?

Of course this talk is all assuming he actually plays. This is their last game of the year and they're out of the running to catch Detroit for 1st in their division and the league, so they don't have too much to play for. There is a chance they rest him. SJ does have a chance to take over fourth place if they win their next game and Nashville loses in regulation against us. Nashville and SJ will play each other anyway, but that would determine who gets home ice.

I still wonder if they'd rather rest Forsberg, as they seem like they have been very cautious about keeping him healthy for the playoffs. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Forsberg told Nashville he didn't want to play us in the last game, as a condition to be traded there.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

He'll get cheered. Unless he scores the GWG, especially if he does it in a Shootout....then he'll booed.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:

Also, will this game be streamed, and if that's the case, can someone provide a link? They won't show it in Sweden(which is a mere tragedy since many people have been mailing in to the Canal + which own the view rights).
Its actually on the 7th of April.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Crazyhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by svatos_the_great View Post
Its actually on the 7th of April.
Nope, not here in Sweden.

Anyway, this is a IMPORTANT game for the Preds, they need that fourth seed. I don't think they will be resting him.

Old
04-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Golden Foppa

I'm pretty sure there will be a video tribute during the first stoppage in play followed by a standing ovation. That is the proper way to treat one of the greatest athletes that Denver has ever seen.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote