Josh Green

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 05:06 AM
SopelFan*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Josh Green

How has he been? Will he stick with the team after their 3 centers return?

To a lesser extent, how bout Jason Morgan?

Old
12-17-2003, 06:05 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
How has he been? Will he stick with the team after their 3 centers return?

To a lesser extent, how bout Jason Morgan?
He could possibly stick, if Lombardi goes down. The problem is too many LW'ers (Sap, Gel, McA, Oli, Lowry).
If Lombardi goes down, Reinprecht plays centre, and Green can switch duties with Oliwa.
Overall, he's looked OK. Gets a fair amount of ice time, even PP. Seems to me he's trying too hard to get that goal, he's screwed up some gimmes. He looked really good in the preseason with Yelle and Donovan.
Morgan I've liked. He's done everything asked of him in a limited role. But again,when healthy no room for him.

Old
12-17-2003, 12:49 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
I haven't been all that impressed with Green. He hasn't showed me any reason as to why he should be kept up when everyone is healthy again. When Conroy, Reinprecht and Betts come back I'd expect him and Morgan to be sent down.

Old
12-17-2003, 01:02 PM
Flamin' Griz

Sutter's given Green a ton of ice with great linemates. A huge opportunity. He's going to be on the first flight to Lowell as soon as we get another healthy body. He's simply not an NHL player.

Jason Morgan has done an admirable job as Betts' replacement, but he's not Blair Betts.

Old
12-17-2003, 01:23 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12
I haven't been all that impressed with Green.
Me neither. Before the start of the season, somebody posted here that he could be projected to pot 15-20 goals on the third line. Looks like Shean Donavan rose to that challenge. :p He hasn't really done anything to harm the team, but he's done nothing to distinguish himself either. No problem as an injury fill-in though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12
He hasn't showed me any reason as to why he should be kept up when everyone is healthy again. When Conroy, Reinprecht and Betts come back I'd expect him and Morgan to be sent down.
Since the team's been able to win without Conroy, and his offensive production has been less than stellar, it leads one to wonder if he'll be auditioned for a possible trade after his return.

Old
12-18-2003, 02:53 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
I think you guys are getting on Green a little hard. You may think he's crap, but Sutter obviuosly doesn't if he gives him that much ice time.
He just got his first goal as a Flame.
He has screwed up some plays recently, but by no means has he looked out of place. As long as he works his butt off, and Lombardi struggles, I think you'll be seeing a little more of him.......

Old
12-28-2003, 03:27 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Morgan is making a pretty good case of staying with the team. Should be interesting to see what happens when Conroy and Reinprecht and Betts return.

Old
12-28-2003, 05:58 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
Morgan is making a pretty good case of staying with the team. Should be interesting to see what happens when Conroy and Reinprecht and Betts return.
He could perhaps stay on as a reserve if Conroy gets traded

Closed Thread