HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Ideas for new Preds jersey

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 08:35 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause

Or whatever number it is. It's the skull design used on the sleeves of our 3rd jersey's. I've seen a poster or two with it as their avatar. I need that pic preferably with no background to it. I've tried google and have found nothing.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 12-15-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Old
12-15-2003, 09:35 PM
SmokeyClause

Well, I found a shoddy version of the logo I was looking for. Due to sheer boredom, I created a couple of uniforms just for fun. Keep in mind, it's late and I'm only up because of heartburn from a late night at Dolan's. These jersey's are not glossy and pretty like their real life counterpart's so keep them in mind.

The colors all over the jersey are pretty much interchangeable. What is blue can become yellow and what is silver can become blue. I'm going to throw some things at you. Thoughts?

What should be where. I've thought of reversing the silver and the blue to jump away from our current home uniforms. The colors, however, aren't what matters. I'm just looking for an acceptable base design.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

the first one isn't bad, though that blue\silver reminds me a lot of edmonton's flyin' sperm third.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:54 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
the first one isn't bad, though that blue\silver reminds me a lot of edmonton's flyin' sperm third.
They have similar color schemes but ours would be distinctly different. I personally like the template of the 2nd one better, the different colors help distinguish it. I don't much care for the colors I've chose (especially the collar), but I just wanted to put something up so people could see the design.

Old
12-15-2003, 11:37 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Those are good in base, but the colors I don't like all that well. I like a simple jersey, (i.e. Toronto, NY Rangers). I also am a big fan of white jerseys, they just seem to be much neater/classier looking. I got to messing around with it a little bit too, and this is what I've come up with.

Any suggestions? Too much gold? Too plain? No neck-lace?

Old
12-16-2003, 07:03 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Those are good in base, but the colors I don't like all that well. I like a simple jersey, (i.e. Toronto, NY Rangers). I also am a big fan of white jerseys, they just seem to be much neater/classier looking. I got to messing around with it a little bit too, and this is what I've come up with.

It just wouldn't fit in with today's new jersey's. I'd love to see something like that as a faux retro. My goal was to create a great looking jersey that wasn't so radical that the NHL wouldn't accept it.

Also, notice the sleeves on mine. The points that the grey stripes would come to, when viewed sideways, would mimic the two long top teeth on the Sabre cat and the two smaller bottom teeth.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:23 AM
LongTooth

vCash: 100
Sweater

[QUOTE=SmokeyClause]It just wouldn't fit in with today's new jersey's. I'd love to see something like that as a faux retro. My goal was to create a great looking jersey that wasn't so radical that the NHL wouldn't accept it.

Also, notice the sleeves on mine. The points that the grey stripes would come to, when viewed sideways, would mimic the two long top teeth on the Sabre cat and the two smaller bottom teeth.[/QUOTE

I prefer the Skull to the Cartoon character!

Old
12-17-2003, 06:45 AM
Predshockey17

Can you guys tell me how you make jerseys like that on your pc?

Old
12-17-2003, 08:32 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher

Love it!

Smokey, I like the first a bit better than the second. I'm not a fan of orange

Old
12-17-2003, 12:08 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by ester
Can you guys tell me how you make jerseys like that on your pc?

Two words: Microsoft Paint.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Predshockey17

I understand that and all. But how do you get the jerseys so perfect?

Old
12-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by ester
I understand that and all. But how do you get the jerseys so perfect?
hahahaha....i wouldn't have ever thought about my work being called "perfect". I just used the line tool to make 1/2 of the jersey (neck/sleeves/etc.) and then copyed it, pasted it, and reversed it and matched it up so they are even on both sides. Then you just kinda of have to eye the rest, or if you dupicate anything on one side, copy that part and paste it on the other. I zoom in a lot so you can make sure all the lines are made correctly. It takes a little bit of time, but the you can make it as extensive or simple as you like.

Old
12-18-2003, 04:46 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
... Keep in mind, it's late and I'm only up because of heartburn from a late night at Dolan's.
I have one word for you, Smokey : Prilosec

Closed Thread