HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott-Fla proposal...

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Clash*

vCash: 500
Ott-Fla proposal...

With Garrioch's rumor of Ottawa inquiring about Jokinen, I was discussin this with a buddy of mine in Vancouver.

To Fla:
Jason Spezza
Martin Havlat

To Ottawa:
Olli Jokinen
Kristian Huselius

I know most Ottawa fans will bash this, but look at it objectively. Dudley is gonna want something nice for Fla's team captain in Jokinen and Havlat and Huselius are similar types. Huselius would be the left side scorer (if he gets out of his funk, which he should not havin to be the elite scorer for the team) Ottawa was lookin for and Jokinen could bring some grit to the table. Spezza and Havlat would be more in line with the age group Dudley seems to be assembling in Fla (18-23) and could step right in and help.

Flame away, but this was actually proposed by a Nucks' fan to me.

Old
12-17-2003, 09:22 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

That's awful..

I rather have Spezza then Jokinen and the difference between Havlat and Huselius is even bigger. Anyway you twist it, Spezza and Havlat are the two most valueble players in the deal..

Old
12-17-2003, 09:23 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Yeuch for Ottawa. There's nothing objective about it. Although as a Leafs fan, DO IT!!!

Old
12-17-2003, 09:39 AM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr

Flame away, but this was actually proposed by a Nucks' fan to me.
That right there is the key line....

Would he send you Naslund and Bertuzzi for those 2? Probably not.

Old
12-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = Dud
That's awful..

I rather have Spezza then Jokinen and the difference between Havlat and Huselius is even bigger. Anyway you twist it, Spezza and Havlat are the two most valueble players in the deal..
As A Panther fan I think Ottawa is getting screwed in the deal, Havlat has shown more potential then Huselius and even though Jokinen had a big year last season and is on pace for 28 goals I believe this season Ottawa managemant would rather keep Spezza.

How about something like this I know FLA fans are going to rip me but,

To Ottawa: Jokinen, Huselius, Lilija and a future 1st rounder

To Florida: Havlat, Spezza and a conditional draft pick

Old
12-17-2003, 09:47 AM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffshaf
As A Panther fan I think Ottawa is getting screwed in the deal, Havlat has shown more potential then Huselius and even though Jokinen had a big year last season and is on pace for 28 goals I believe this season Ottawa managemant would rather keep Spezza.

Last thing Ottawa needs is another defensman...Take out Lilja and make it Hagman, Nilson, maybe even Samuelsson and then you may have something.

Old
12-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Frolov

Quote:

Lilija and a 1st don't make it any better ...unless the future 1st is Ovechkin or Crosby.

A more realistic deal would be something like

Spezza
For
Jokenin + Huselius

Right now Jokenin is a better player then Spezza but Spezza is the most hyped youngster on these boards so I doubt you're gonna get any responses you would like.

Old
12-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:

Replace Lilija with Nilson and I think the Sens might be very, very interested.

With Alfredson rumoured to sign a long time contract extension and with Hossa clearly being a better and more proven player than Havlat so far, the Sens right flanks are stacked for another 3/5 years. This makes Havlat as the most expandable right winger, I think he could very well be a part or the main piece for a promesing left winger, arguably their weakest link, thus I don't think he has to be as good as Martin. Especially since the opposing GM's will always be in the drivers seat when discussing a left wing trade for Martin Havlat. Huselius is a prime example and his eventual upside might even prove to be as good..

Jokinen would give the Sens a legit top 2 combo down the middle and his package of size, grit and scoring ability is something worthy, especially for the Sens who've been deemed as having a "soft top 6".. Having a Jokinen/Bonk combo would certainly be a step in the right direction in that regard. Yes Spezza's potential, is probably higher, but he doesn't quite brings the same intagible's, I think those intangible's come very close making up for the difference in talent and potential. Nilson would be a perfect player to make up for the eventual difference.

All in all it's more a gamble for the Sens then for the Cats, despite Jokinen's proven season last year. The first could be seen as the deal breaker and the icing on the cake, especially since it has the potential to be a top 10 pick but I see it more or less as the "securing asset"..

I like it.. risky, but I like it..

Old
12-17-2003, 10:17 AM
Safir*

lol. Oh guys this just some weird stuff right here. Florida wants two youngster each with a boatload of potential and in return I see nothing that would attract me.

IF Florida wants BOTH Spezza & Havlat I would command that Bouwmeester goes the other way plus something else.

Maybe:

FLA: Spezza, Havlat, 4th round pick
OTT: Bouwmeester, Huselius, 2nd round pick

Old
12-17-2003, 11:40 AM
kidchrome

Yikes!!!!!! I know I am not the most logical or intellectual person but all I can say is WOW!!! stay out of the rum and eggnog!!!!! If you want to dance with Ottawa, you'd better be prepared to give up Luongo in any deal.

Old
12-17-2003, 11:45 AM
kidchrome

my apologies for back to back posts, but i Have thought it out and although Spezza wouldn't be available I believe Havlat could be. IMO and in my imagination only I would like to propose Havlat and Lalime for Jokinen and Luongo. you might have to throw in a tough d-man or a left winger to Ottawa, but the basics are there.
It's only food for thought anyways

Old
12-17-2003, 11:51 AM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidchrome
my apologies for back to back posts, but i Have thought it out and although Spezza wouldn't be available I believe Havlat could be. IMO and in my imagination only I would like to propose Havlat and Lalime for Jokinen and Luongo. you might have to throw in a tough d-man or a left winger to Ottawa, but the basics are there.

Talk about staying out of the rum and eggnog...

You went from one extreme to the other...Lalime is a great goalie but why does a rebuilding Florida trade their 23 year old goalie for an almost 30 year old? And their only physical forward who is just 24 for another skilled Euro whos just 2-3 years younger?

Awful...just awful.

None of these deals are realistic..but If the two teams made something happen with these players, it's be something along the lines of:

OTT: Jokinen, Huselius, Nilson or Hagman, 1st in 2005 or 2nd in 2004
FLA Spezza, Havlat, throw in/late pick

Old
12-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Frolov

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidchrome

Jokinen => Havlat
Luongo >>>>Lalime

Why does Florida do this?

Old
12-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF37
Talk about staying out of the rum and eggnog...

You went from one extreme to the other...Lalime is a great goalie but why does a rebuilding Florida trade their 23 year old goalie for an almost 30 year old? And their only physical forward who is just 24 for another skilled Euro whos just 2-3 years younger?

Awful...just awful.

None of these deals are realistic..but If the two teams made something happen with these players, it's be something along the lines of:

OTT: Jokinen, Huselius, Nilson or Hagman, 1st in 2005 or 2nd in 2004
FLA Spezza, Havlat, throw in/late pick

Adding a 1st rd pick is too much and Colorado owns Florida's 2nd rd pick in 04

Old
12-17-2003, 12:03 PM
Wild Bill

Call me crazy, but how about a one for one deal. These huge 4-7 player deals just don't happen very often, especially ones with guys like Spezza and Jokinen involved. I think this is almost right, but I still can't see giving up on such talented players so early in their careers.

Havlat for Jokinen

Old
12-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Spezza

Politely declined by Ottawa.

Old
12-17-2003, 12:37 PM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Rudely declined by Ottawa.

Old
12-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Egil

IF, IF Havlat and Spezza were packaged together, I would expect something along the lines of Ovechkin and J-Bo coming back. All the players are young, but the Ottawa 2 are more proven (due to being further along on the progress front), which, at this still young age, gives them slightly more value, than the 2 Florida players, who have shown less.

NOTE: Ovechkin and J-BO would require more added from an Ottawa POV, but not THAT much (ie, <= 1st round pick), and of course, at this point in the season, isn't actually possible, since Florida hasn't won the Lottery. But, for arguments sake, you can get my point.

Old
12-17-2003, 12:47 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = Dud
That's awful..

Completely agree.

Spezza > Jokinen (although Olli is more proven and a better two-way player)
Havlat >>>>>>>>>>> Huselius

I honestly don't think that Ottawa would do Havlat OR Spezza for this package.

12-17-2003, 01:10 PM
Missionhockey

Jokinen is better than Spezza and there should be no debate on this. Jokinen is a proven scorer, Spezza is not its that simple. Spezza will probably turn out to be better than him but thats potential and potential can only take you so far. Personally I wouldn't give up Jokinen, their Captain and their leading point scorer, for Spezza for a team that already has a ton of youth. It would be horrible for the locker room.

Havlat>>>Huselius

Its been beaten to death. I don't have to explain.

Old
12-17-2003, 02:22 PM
PanthersRule96

How about

Fisher and Spezza

for

Hagman, Huselius, and Jokinen and possibly a 2nd in 05

?

Old
12-17-2003, 02:24 PM
PanthersRule96

Although gms lie, Dudley said that he is not shopping Huselius and I highly doubt he's shopping Jokinen. Its just speculation because Huselius has been a healthy scratch. Nedorost was sent down today to make room for Huselius and Hagman.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:24 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Wow...the only thing that comes to mind...most if not all of these trade proposals (expect for the one involving Luongo) do absolutely nothing to address Ottawa's needs. We need a LW who can crash the net and score.

Jokinen...whatever...he had ONE good year so far. Plus he's a center...why on god's green earth would we move Spezza for him? Makes less than zero sense.

Havlat for a bunch of softer Euro's...no thanks again.

At best...it would be a VERY lateral move. That's about it...

The only assets that would land Florida either or both of those players would be Hornton, J-Bo and Luongo...not all of course...but those are the only 3 players that even come close to helping Ottawa in any way, shape or form.

All in all...I give this entire thread a big "Thumbs Down" and is obviously someone's pipe dream.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
Why do Sens fans overate their players? come on now you want Bouwmeester and someone along the lines of Roberto come on now....

I think we should just forget about a deal on this board anyways because Spezza is the most hyped players on these boards

Old
12-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Spezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
How about

Fisher and Spezza

for

Hagman, Huselius, and Jokinen and possibly a 2nd in 05

?
Better. Ottawa isn't interested in adressing depth. They're more interested in turning depth into a player of better quality.

Closed Thread