HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you want Carbs bakc next year?

View Poll Results: Well?
Yes 155 61.02%
No 99 38.98%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
hell ya even though he does seem to be a terrible motivator.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Complaining Customer

Voted yes. I dislike him a lot, I think he's been very bad this year and made a lot of ****-poor decisions. I also think we would have done better with Julien behind the bench. But I also think it's stupid to flush him after one season. We passed on very good coaches in the making before because of quick reactions (Vigneault has been amazing in Vancouver). I say give him 2 more years, he'll learn.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 06:24 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
In Carbonneau defense,
Why exactly would he play a 2 man forechecking game with half of his winger reluctant to fight in the corner and more than ordinary defense?

Way to get killed.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 06:35 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I have no problem giving a second season.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Loved Carbo as a player, hate him as a coach. I think he's possibly the worst tactical coach I've seen since I started following the team (late 80s)...and that includes a guy like Michel Therrien...at least Therrien was good at motivating his troops, with a much lesser team.

We had some pretty dark years in the past decade, and missed the playoffs a few times. But I've never been as disappointed at missing the playoffs as I am right now. On paper, we had our best team in years...the fact that we missed the playoffs after starting the season the way we did is baffling. Carbo did a great job destroying tihs team over the season, and I don't think I'm exaggerating one bit. But you know what, he's a rookie coach, and he'll get better (he can't get any worse).

The guy I hold responsible is Gainey. He's the one who fired a competent coach to hire a rookie. He's the one who was incapable of building upon the vision of his predecessor, Andre Savard. Higgins, Komisarek, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Lapierre...Savard's the reason we have these guys.

The reason we got rid of Savard is the fact that he signed some players to bad contracts. Well, I'm not sure Gainey is much of an improvement in that respect. My gut tells me this team woulda been way better off today if Andre Savard was still our GM. Gainey's not the worst GM out there, but he isn't very good...he's probably best suited to be a coach. Any chance he steps down as GM to take Carbo's job?

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Voted NO

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 07:31 PM
LesHabsRock

Absolutely. It's about time we finally gave one of our many rookie coaches a chance to gain some experience without being fired as in years past. Therrien, Julien and Vigneualt all turned out to be very successful with other teams after being prematurely let go by the Habs. Carbonneau will be a great coach one day. He deserves another shot. He had the team playing well down the stretch and just came up short. Had we ended the Samsonov experiment earlier in the season the team would have been much better. With the emergence of Kostitsyn he makes Samsonov expendable and is a huge improvement over him.

The Habs need to updgrade their D. Goaltending and forwards are fine the way they are. We have two very good centres with Koivu and Plekanec. Bonk is pricey for a third line centre IMO.

Carbo stays or else you'll see him become successful somewhere else like the rest.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Evil Ted

I was just looking at the home vs away stats tonight we were terrible on the road this year 16-22-3 while our home record kept us in the playoff hunt 26-12-3. It would appear Carbaneau gets outcoached regularly on the road.

Coupled with the fact that our player management(Sammy, Rivet) and His inability to motivate players(Durring the huge second half slide) I would just feel much more comfortable if Gainey or someone with some good experiences in the NHL coaching was at the head of the bench.

I don't expect him to be replaced, any time soon but really next season if we have the same dysfunctional unit we had for a majority of the stretch run we should consider a replacement, hopefully Carbo has learned something this season.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 09:47 PM
RC51

crazy poll

Thats right, fire the coach, in fact fire all coaches that lose a game. How about we fire coaches that win but don't win enough cups.
Yup there it is. fire all coaches that don't win cups every year.
29 new coaches every year. 29 busts every year.
now on to the players, fire them too. 675 new players every year.
now on to the owners, 29 owners should refund all ticket money collected if their team does not win the cup.
now on to the refs, fire them all- period.
Now on to the fans, move all teams that don't sell out every game.
I know I just ranted

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:14 PM
milou

May be Carbo isn't the one to be change . The problem with our coaches team is that both Carbo and Muller were unexperimented .

You are talking about Burns . I can't see him as the head coach because of his health , but why not as an assistant coach for Carbo ? A kind of mentor .

milou is offline   Reply With Quote